Empty streets and strict regulations deter tourists from visiting Thailand

webfact

I went to thailand last year did a COE 14 days quarrantine unvaxed, there was no vaccines and more open

This year I am vaxed but the TP is more difficult I am insured always have been.

They are making it harder to visit open for thais and foreigners with attachments but closed to tourism

this year 70% vaxed more closed

Just control is better

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not true at all.

Many of them are aggressive characters. I have drunk in Patpong for over 30 years and it has ever been thus.

Yes some are right miserable gits!

But i bet you know the Cleo bar of old in soi 2 run by the old dame next to the quiet Star of light, dont talk with your mouth full ladies

(Re Cleo think the old bird retired about 10 years ago, i actually got free beer of her in 2005 )

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Before the pandemic, it was one of the world’s most notorious red-light districts, attracting foreign tourists to its many bars, nightclubs and massage parlours.

I haven't been anywhere near Patpong for at least 15 years but shouldn't the above statement read 'A long time before the pandemic........'?

Last time I was there it was pretty quiet and seemed to be becoming a gay tourist area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, superal said:

I hear that Vietnam will be the new Thailand . 

That reminds me, having been to Vietnam a couple of times I was always put off being a regular visitor by the hassle of getting a visa, the long queues at arrivals, and the over officious nature of the authorities there, i.e. never quite knowing if you might get banged up by the police for something trivial. 

Right now though I'd say Thailand trumps Vietnam in these areas.

So maybe Thailand is the new Vietnam ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mokwit said:

If there is one group of people I have no sympathy for it is Patpong Night Bazaar vendors.

Plus the folks who are pushing and pushing for everything to open yesterday, but what they really want is money and with greed. 

Sorry you guys you need to wait while Thailand slowly opens up everything.

15 hours ago, notrub said:

Jesus Wept!  It is a very active pandemic with nearly 6M deaths worldwide (1M in the US alone) and well over 12,000 deaths every single day.  Commercial interests are pressuring governments to call this an 'endemic' problem, like catching the flu every year or getting hayfever in the spring.  This is not true.  Hospitals (where there are any) are overflowing and people are dying from other preventable diseases because of this.  AND nobody wants to wear a mask <deleted>.  It doesn't 'feel nice'.  Big Pharma and others are making billions and billions off of this, they would like to see it go on forever.

Keep on dreaming