Thailand expects 200,000 Saudi visitors this year after tourism resumes following a 30-year hiatus

snoop1130

I hope they know what they’re in for. The Saudis and the Thais.  I’ve worked in the tourist trade for 45 years in Cannes and August is the biggest arrivals of Saudis, following their kings families habits, in their private jets and entourage of often 300 personnel , secretaries, chauffeurs, Nannie’s, cooks, doctors etc.  Where the Royal family go, they go. They expect 10 star service, not 5 star, eat in the very best restaurants , clubs where the youths can spend 100 thousand euros and more on champagne , etc etc. They bring their own cars, Ferraris etc. These are the good American or British educated families who are used to a way of life no Thai can ever imagine . Then you have the other sort that I remember from my first holidays in Bangkok. The lesser class that come here for only one thing, and we all know what that is. They were not liked by the Thai girls and I’ve even seen signs myself forbidding them entry to certain establishments.  So. I would say, it is that last class of tourists that will come to Thailands Bangkok and it’s infamous clubs etc. Of course, it’s quite accepted isn’t it, and I suppose the masses of jobless girls will welcome them. Sad in my opinion but I’m sure you won’t all agree. 

TAT can dream....

Looks like they're trying to cut into Malaysia's tourism.  Lots of tourists from Middle Eastern countries.  That country is already predominantly Muslim, accommodating for food, holidays, mosque visits, etc.  However, they have a 2-tier legal system: a regular civil law system for all, and special Sharia enforcement for The Faithful.  This means a Muslim tourist who is caught with a beer in his hand, or part of his anatomy in someone else's hand, could very well get the rotan (whipping stick).

rub.jpg.5613515d7d5318f5b2057153c27e9960.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, Adumbration said:

Saudi youth will be all over the girls in Bangla like white on rice.

The were just starting to invade pre covid.

Abhorrent creatures.  Dressed like Ali G and absolute no decorum whatsoever.

Absolutely disgusting, those Saudi Arabs. Good luck to the girls surviving their onslaught. Welcoming the Saudis really does show what the backbone of Thai tourism is: prostitution. Saudis are not beach goers, they are not interested in culture and temples, bush walking, etc. It's drinking, shopping, misbehaving and running wild (not possible at home) -  and cheap sex (not necessarily in that order).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, desert dueller said:

Absolutely disgusting, those Saudi Arabs. Good luck to the girls surviving their onslaught. Welcoming the Saudis really does show what the backbone of Thai tourism is: prostitution. Saudis are not beach goers, they are not interested in culture and temples, bush walking, etc. It's drinking, shopping, misbehaving and running wild (not possible at home) -  and cheap sex (not necessarily in that order).

What I don't get is why all of them covet American brand name shoes, caps and apparel.  Where in the Koran does it say you have to wear RayBan glasses and a Stussy ball cap?

On 2/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, desert dueller said:

And you came for the temples ????

On 2/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, Adumbration said:

What I don't get is why all of them covet American brand name shoes, caps and apparel.  Where in the Koran does it say you have to wear RayBan glasses and a Stussy ball cap?

Kids will be kids......

Don't some trainers command prices over $5.000, and I presume people buy them! My mother struggled to put galoshes on my feet for school gym!

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Kids will be kids......

Don't some trainers command prices over $5.000, and I presume people buy them! My mother struggled to put galoshes on my feet for school gym!

We had a huge box of second-hand plimsolls for gym lessons........no one had 'trainers' (still to be invented).

It was first come, first serve every lesson........last ones there ended up with size 11's and no laces........very amusing on a 12 year old.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Asked 'Mr. Google'... "Thailand welcomed nearly 37,000 Saudis in 2019...", so why should 200,000 Saudis flock to Thailand? - No alcohol, no fun, places deserted, and things overpriced... They can have that at home! Okay, maybe they'll come for the sunshine... ????

Or Dubai.