Opinion: Don’t go down the path of vaccine mandates, rather show anti-vaxxers for who they really are

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow, you really don’t understand probabilities, do you?

Almost a million dead from Covid in the US now. If you can reduce your risk of joining them by getting vaccinated, I would suggest you do so.

You mean if I get vaccinated I will reduce my risk of dying in the US?

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I guess you are not paying attention to current events.

The world is suffering the worst plague in 100 years.  The more people who vaccinate, the greater the chance to end the epidemic before the virus mutates again, this time into a more lethal form. You can help stop this plague by vaccinating.

Be careful of the acorns.

Seeing as we're all whipping ours out and showing everyone how big ours is, I'll barf out an opinion that nobody will like.

It's sad that people take the bait and think that they will talk an antivaxxer down or show them a thing or two online.  Pathetic actually.  It's what they want and you give them what they want.  

I could care less if a person gets vaccinated or not.  Or croaks because they didn't.  Honest to god, I just don't care or give a damn.  

Keep arguing internet warriors.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is part of the problem. Those who do not wish to get vaccinated seem to lack the ability to comprehend a bigger picture and present their argument on an individual level. 

They (anti-covid-vaxxers) think on the individual level and ignore the aggregate benefit of vaccination to society on a whole. 

So you, KhunLA, do not present the same risk, you present a greater risk to the community, because when there are enough people like you who do not wish to get vaccinated there is a higher risk of continued transmission, there is a higher risk you and those like you are contagious for longer periods of time and thus a higher risk of contributing towards the continued spread, and then there is the higher risk that you would face more serious symptoms with a higher risk of using up community health facilities etc etc.. 

The argument that the unvaccinated face the same risk of contracting Covid-19 as vaccinated individuals is wrong. 

The argument that the unvaccinated present the same risk of contributing towards the spread Covid-19 as vaccinated individuals is wrong. 

The argument that a vaccinated person presents the same risk profile to a community is wrong.

Such anti-covid-vax statements are often unwittingly flawed and presented from the myopic viewpoint of the self-centred, that is of course not only wrong its not very smart.

Apparently my actions and or inactions, have not put anyone at risk, inclusive of myself.  And as this 'situation' winds down to a big nothing.   I guess I made the right decisions for myself and everyone else.  And will continue with such, since so successful in the past.

Apparently much more succesful than the million of other folks who have caught & spread the virus.

My choice, and so far, beneficial to everyone I've needed to come in contact wth.

Something, most on this forum, not me, or anyone I know or come in contact with, fail to realize.

Y'all have a nice day

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You're just not welcome to your own facts.

At no point did I state them as facts, going out of the way to point out, they are my opinions, right or wrong.

Trying to stay off that vacation / restricted posting thingy.  Seem to be more successful keeping away from C19 than posting restrictions ... ????

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Because you believe that viral mutations tend to be less lethal. Like Delta was less lethal than Alpha. 

All bets are off if the next variant is more lethal. 

I know you read it, hard to miss (Delta aside) but yet, your reply implies differently.

And why it is hard to have an intelligent debate about anything with so many here.  Comments like that, warrant adding people to my ever growing ignore list.  

Sad, because some folks' different thoughts and opinions are quite good, well debated and worth a read ...

... until they're not.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

A post with a trolling video has been removed.

A post containing false and misleading content has been removed as well as the replies:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON ASEAN NOW AMID COVID-19

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have clearly highlighted that you care about or respect no one, perhaps until they’ve earned it. 

You referring to the folks that wish to keep us, silenced, censored, and quaratined away from 'our' right to life, liberty, happinss & freedom, the way we feel we want to live, simply because we have a different opinion ... those folks.

Sorry, they haven't earned that care or respect.  I was always taught and found, you get what you give, and vice versa.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, cdemundo said:
4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Depends on the expat.

I'm in the top 0.1% of the worlds intelligence.

If I were only average (or less), I might need more input from my betters.

Sadly, many of the 'lesser ability' posters assume everyone is at the same level as themselves.

Expand  

"I'm in the top 0.1% of the worlds intelligence."

don't forget we have read your posts.

Aw gawd..... 

Someone who feels compelled to let us know they are intelligent very rarely is.... 

Particularly in light of his signature comment... 'When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, the pain is felt by others. Same when you're stupid.'

Quite on the mark I’d say !!!! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You referring to the folks that wish to keep us, silenced, censored, and quaratined away from 'our' right to life, liberty & freedom, the way we feel we want to live, simply because we have a different opinion ... those folks.

Don't forget your rights to carry assault rifles...

Your self-centred rights ignore the rights of the community....   This is not about removing your voice or your freedoms, you and others who are against the covid-vaccines use the ’taking away our rights, liberty and freedoms’ argument with a strong level of specious disregard for the rights, liberty and freedoms of those around you. 

If all those who refuse to take the vaccine want to remove themselves from the community and live in isolation thats fine.  However, when 'some' believe it is their right to not to participate in measures to protect the community on a whole I would suggest they are not deserving of the rights they hold so valuable. 

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Sorry, they haven't earned that care or respect.  I was always taught and found, you get what you give, and vice versa.

So you expect people treat you without respect or care because you haven’t yet earned that from them ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I guess you are not paying attention to current events.

The world is suffering the worst plague in 100 years.  The more people who vaccinate, the greater the chance to end the epidemic before the virus mutates again, this time into a more lethal form. You can help stop this plague by vaccinating.

Hardly the plague as is referred to above.

extract from an online article as to what the plague is:

''Plague is a disease that affects humans and other mammals. It is caused by the bacterium, Yersinia pestis. Humans usually get plague after being bitten by a rodent flea that is carrying the plague bacterium or by handling an animal infected with plague. Plague is infamous for killing millions of people in Europe during the Middle Ages. Today, modern antibiotics are effective in treating plague. Without prompt treatment, the disease can cause serious illness or death. Presently, human plague infections continue to occur in rural areas in the western United States, but significantly more cases occur in parts of Africa and Asia.''

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are posting an old tired cliche.

The vaccinated are far less likely to be infected, and when infected, have a much shorter infectious period.

You are doing your best to avoid reality: vaccination saves lives.

Worldwide there seems also to be over 1 million road accident deaths per annum.

Still waiting for the vaccine to prevent those deaths, but people are still allowed to be free to use the roads.

When it comes to our own health care it really does pay to learn about your problem or potential problem and decide on the best course of action or non-action.

Simply taking some ones advise without your own research can be very dangerous. 

For instance: My ex-wife went to the doctor due to an occasional numb arm. She takes Doctors advise as gospel and does everything they recommend. So they started in on her to find the problem with the numb arm?  Over the last 3 years she has had over 17 surgeries to clear lightly clogged arteries (under 35%), and many drugs one of which wiped out her kidneys. She was on dialysis 3 times a week for 2 years waiting for a transplant. During that time many of the above surgeries were for her arm trying to get the vein to work for the Dialysis. Never could get it right. Recently, out of the blue. her kidneys started working again! No more dialysis, but the thing in her arm still requires more surgeries as she said now if not fixed she could lose the arm!

Oh, the numb arm? It just went away by itself!

25 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Worldwide there seems also to be over 1 million road accident deaths per annum.

Still waiting for the vaccine to prevent those deaths, but people are still allowed to be free to use the roads.

However in most countries in the world they must wear a seat belt or wear helmets, have insurance, road traffic rules and regulations, plenty of mandates for them. How many more would die without those?

• Like 2

Quite happy for Antivaxers to kill themselves as it increases vaccine availability for others! Only problem is that they develop mutations for others! Omicron is the result of a mutation developed in unvaccinated individuals.

By the way can anybody direct me to a booster which doesn't involve extensive queueing in Pattaya? Have purchased Moderna via BPH but still waiting for appointments?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

When it comes to our own health care it really does pay to learn about your problem or potential problem and decide on the best course of action or non-action.

Simply taking some ones advise without your own research can be very dangerous. 

For instance: My ex-wife went to the doctor due to an occasional numb arm. She takes Doctors advise as gospel and does everything they recommend. So they started in on her to find the problem with the numb arm?  Over the last 3 years she has had over 17 surgeries to clear lightly clogged arteries (under 35%), and many drugs one of which wiped out her kidneys. She was on dialysis 3 times a week for 2 years waiting for a transplant. During that time many of the above surgeries were for her arm trying to get the vein to work for the Dialysis. Never could get it right. Recently, out of the blue. her kidneys started working again! No more dialysis, but the thing in her arm still requires more surgeries as she said now if not fixed she could lose the arm!

Oh, the numb arm? It just went away by itself!

Makes you think that the medical profession and big pharmas approach of 'try this and see if it works' is not as effective as the bodies own brilliant powers of recuperation?

• Like 1