Thailand’s Foreign Affairs Ministry express concern over Russia-Ukraine situation

snoop1130

uk-631x420.jpeg

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has released its statement to express its concerns over the Russia-Ukraine situation following Russia’s invasion and Ukraine’s emergency state declaration this morning, February 24th.

The statement said that Thailand has been following developments in Ukraine and especially the escalation of tensions in Europe with deep concern. The country supports ongoing efforts to find a peaceful settlement to the situation through dialogue.

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there are 139 legal Thai workers who are still employed in Ukraine, as of January 2022. Of which, 116 are self-traveling and 23 are with a larger company. Most of them work in massage and spa positions and about 126 of them are from a union/group of job seekers that work abroad.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/24/thailands-foreign-affairs-ministry-express-concern-over-russia-ukraine-situation-thai-pm-to-order-chartered-planes-for-evacuation/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Tricky.  The government eventually will have to make a real decision.  Other nations will note your position and your assistance.  The Democracies are melding into an international force for basic human rights (hopefully). 

On one side, an authoritarian, despotic, corrupt government that is somewhat delusional.

On the other side a fairly and freely elected democratic government, actually expressing the will of the governed for the first time in over two hundred years.

I can understand the confusion if your government has little history of an actual democracy

But it's time boys:   "FISH OR CUT BAIT!!!"

• Like 2

Send over the subs and aircraft carrier.  That should show Russia.  Seriously,  Thailand should be pushing China to condemn and sanction Russia, not sit on the sidelines on this illegal war perpetrated by Putin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ourdon said:

On one side, an authoritarian, despotic, corrupt government that is somewhat delusional.

On the other side a fairly and freely elected democratic government, actually expressing the will of the governed for the first time in over two hundred years.

Mmm, now that is an interesting choice!????

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I don't recall seeing any Ukrainians in Pattaya. 

Met one in Jomtien once.

Very pleasant middle-aged lady, who explained to me that Ukraine was not Russia at all.

Years ago.

16 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I doubt there are very few Russians who want to see war. It's their despotic dictator leader that is taking them into it,

while he sits in safety behind a desk in his palace.

Politicians are ALWAYS the ones who start wars and then send their youth to do the actual dirty work of fighting it.

IMHO politicians and their entire families should be in the front line doing all the actual fighting, and if they are wiped out there are always other wannabe politicians who would only be too happy to step up until they realise that they too will be the meat for the grinder along with all of their families.

If they did wipe each other out, would they be missed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now i wonder what will China do? Will they think , ah the world is busy with Ukraine, now we can take Taiwan back!

It would not surprise me and then we are in a total ww3. 

Maybe the nitwit in N-Korea thinks , hey i want to join and also starts?!

History tells us over and over again, leaders arent leaders but just destroyers.

No matter where humans, with leaders are involved, always devastating. Human way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

and the same should apply to people who topple elected governments.

Sure, the problem is, for example, two comrades Hitler and Stalin were legally elected. 

• Like 1