Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

49 minutes ago, Enoon said:

1.     No WW3 with NATO troops in the Ukraine and they do not move beyond it.

The likelihood does not exist until a lot further down the line and would need, at the absolute minimum, much further Incursion into territory that has been previously been agreed as Russian sovereign territory......you seem ( and many others) to think that world leaders and their chiefs of staff are just itching to "drop the big one now".

2.     Perhaps my previous post was poorly worded.

Try this:

Putin will not stop unless he is booted out of Ukraine.

And, just for good measure, he wants all the Old Russian Imperial Empire back.

Not just the USSR......he wants a huge chunk of pre-WW1 Poland as well.

I think we're in agreement, my only comment is that i believe any incursion into Ukraine by NATO would quickly escalate outside of its borders due to arial combat and no fly zones imposed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think we're in agreement, my only comment is that i believe any incursion into Ukraine by NATO would quickly escalate outside of its borders due to arial combat and no fly zones imposed. 

I don't think it's that simple. Once the resistance phase starts the resistance will be aided with arms via Nato nations. Putin being Putin most likely will proclaim them legit targets. The potential makings of a world war are here. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think it's that simple. Once the resistance phase starts the resistance will be aided with arms via Nato nations. Putin being Putin most likely will proclaim them legit targets. The potential makings of a world war are here. 

Its more than likely there are Special Forces from the west already in Ukraine. Its something that would never be revealed at this stage.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Explain the difference for our benefit, please. I am interested in seeing how far semantics can be stretched.

If you can't the difference in the senario you portrayed and what going on in Ukraine I can't understand you.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its more than likely there are Special Forces from the west already in Ukraine. Its something that would never be revealed at this stage.

Naturally. Keeping the world safe for democracy, all the while expanding on the empire covertly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Kremlin says Putin ordered halt to Russian attack due to talk of negotiations, but operations have resumed

From CNN's Nathan Hodge in Moscow

Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a halt Friday to the Russian military's advance in Ukraine pending negotiations, but operations resumed after the government in Kyiv allegedly refused talks, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said Saturday.

A Ukrainian presidential adviser denied in the early hours of Saturday that Ukraine had refused to negotiate.

“Yesterday, in the light of pending talks with the Ukrainian leadership, the commander-in-chief, the president of Russia, ordered a suspension of the advance of the main group of Russian armed forces in Ukraine,” Peskov said in a conference call with reporters.

He continued: “But in essence, as the Ukrainian side refused negotiations, the Russian military operation resumed today in accordance with the plan.”

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-26-22/index.html

clearly already making excuses as to why they are slow to progress

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2022 at 3:31 AM, rudi49jr said:

The crazy (and sad) thing is that so many in the west still defend Russia and Putin. In my country there are right-wing political parties putting the blame squarely on the west for this conflict, and expressing sympathy for Russia/Putin.
A January poll in the USA showed that a majority of Republicans would choose Putin over any Democrat. Think about that for a minute, and let that sink in. Putin is a stone-cold dictator, a killer, anyone opposing him and his clique gets silenced, one way or another. There is no freedom of press anymore. The power is in the hands of a very small group of very rich people, who couldn’t care less about the fate of the average Russian. And many Americans would choose a man like that over any Democrat. That’s just insane.

But then again, many people in Germany (and not only Germany) still admire Hitler. Lots of Russians still admire Stalin. People in Spain admire Franco. The list goes on. Apparently there are many people who like living under a totalitarian regime, and being told exactly what they can and cannot do, so they don’t have to think for themselves. Madness.

So true and most Trump supporters would welcome  christian nationalist  authoritarian  anti immigrant regime. FOX news coverage of this conflict is 100 percent dedicated to vilification of their trad enemies, Biden and other Democratic party members or institutions. Their editorial taking heads are openly pro Putin. There are neo-nazis in Ukraine like many Euro countries but politically ineffective.

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic diversion removed
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One would be pretty naive to think Russian special forces had not already been in Ukraine for some time, plotting their clandestine operations before the the main invasion.

You think a bunch of burly men with no homes or jobs to go to and speaking different dialects would not be noticed in the neighbourhood?

Would they have brought food with them or did they pop out to the nearest Kiev transport cafe while there?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

You think a bunch of burly men with no homes or jobs to go to and speaking different dialects would not be noticed in the neighbourhood?

Would they have brought food with them or did they pop out to the nearest Kiev transport cafe while there?

Well I did say you'd have to be pretty naive to believe they would not already be there, seems you are one of those.

25 Jan 2022

Russian special forces and spies are in Ukraine in “significant” numbers - in the starkest warning of oncoming war, Britain has revealed.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said Moscow’s elite forces have advanced across the border ahead of the main force of combat troops.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

no, they would have blended in quite easily.

there were probably hundreds if not thousands of them in Ukraine before the invasion.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

All Special Forces are burly?  

• Haha 2

On 2/26/2022 at 4:59 AM, Lacessit said:

I call that dodging the question.

You're on ignore now, because I find your abject attitude towards a thief and murderer quite disgusting.

You have taken sides and I have not and don't judge.

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:23 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Just noticed this post. You watch R.T. news. Just as I suspected  that explains it then. Putin's propoganda mouth piece full of lies and missinformation.

did you miss the bit in my post that mentions watching about Ukraine on Al jazeera.

I highly doubt the west has special forces in Ukraine.  Special Forces are usually engaged in a very specific mission, things like extracting a person, eliminating someone, destroying a specific target, etc..  They usually aren't just roaming around helping fight a war.   At any rate, I'll await the many, many Special Forces retirees gracing the bar stools to give us more insight.   

I suspect there are plenty of spies, informants and others passing on information.

• Like 2