Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

47 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Just one thing the tanks still over 11,000 left. 

In numbers maybe but how many have been maintained in good working order? Half that figure?

Then the 5,500 tanks able to perform will make nice metal coffins for their crews.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LosLobo said:

"Some people with Parkinson's disease (PD) experience mild cognitive impairment. Feelings of distraction or disorganization can accompany cognitive impairment, along with finding it difficult to plan and accomplish tasks. It may be harder to focus in situations that divide your attention, like a group conversation."

Cognitive Changes | Parkinson's Foundation

Small tasks like illegally invade a neighbour, blitzkreig its capital city and install a puppet regime?  Situations like your flag ship carrier in the Black Sea being sunk, or like trying to focus on how many warheads are being rained on innocent civilians at any given time?  I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

5 hours ago, Virt said:

Yeah there is a big difference in choice of tables, but it looks like he is struggling with something in video below.

Not the best things for the world if the russian dictator is getting seriously sick.

You never know what he might do before he clocks out.

A love letter for easter????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

They have a few thousand others in storage but certainly no tank crews for them considering each tank needs 4 people.

Russian tanks has 3 people crew! Commander,driver and shooter. I serve my military time in T-72 here in Finland  i was commander. It has automatic system dont need loader. But anyway yes need have people who know how to use its not simple! Normal people cant even get it started if dont know what are doing. 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Now into the third month of Putin’s three day war of choice. His achievements. Multiple war crimes.

Crimes which Putin will not face or any other Russian if they stay in Russia so pretty pointless really.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I’m sure that Putin feels the same way as you but not the rest of the world, the ICC issuing arrest warrants for war crimes sends a very strong message and will do a lot for those who have lost their loved ones, been raped or tortured to have this recognized. Along with the message it sends to other dictators who wish to carry out unprovoked attacks on sovereign countries.

No not pointless really

Yes, of course. It's the kind of thing that at least shows an effort to preserve civilization over barbarism. To not even try is nihilism. Also, who knows -- maybe extradition for trials could be a condition for ending all sanctions. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Russian tanks has 3 people crew! Commander,driver and shooter. I serve my military time in T-72 here in Finland  i was commander. It has automatic system dont need loader. But anyway yes need have people who know how to use its not simple! Normal people cant even get it started if dont know what are doing. 

Automatic loading system and no firewall between the magazine and the crew.

Each tank destroyed is three dead Russians.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Automatic loading system and no firewall between the magazine and the crew.

Each tank destroyed is three dead Russians.

Sadly Ukraine has the same tanks!

Ukraine really needs replacement Leopard and M1 Abrams!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Sadly Ukraine has the same tanks!

Ukraine really needs replacement Leopard and M1 Abrams!

I Read a analysis about to many different weapon systems, tanks, transport wehicles etc makes the logistics and repair time-consuming and will not help at this stage of the war. What they need is air support, planes, pilots, bombs, anti tank systems, but as we see, oil and gas is more important, and of course keep NATO out of the conflict.

Putin know time is on his side, as long he does not use chemicals or tactical nuclear weapons. As far I can read, thats the border he have to cross before any further action will be taken, and this war is on a new level. 

• Like 1

Ukraine LIVE: Russian morale battered as renewed assault fails – 21.8k troops 'liquidated'

UKRAINE'S resistance against Moscow's military had been "strong across all axes" and numerous Russian assaults along the line of contact in Donbas this week have been repelled, according to the latest UK intelligence update.

The Ministry of Defence added that despite the Kremlin making some territorial gain, Ukrainian troops had "inflicted significant cost" against Russian forces.

It added that Russia’s morale had become “poor” and that troops had “limited time to reconstitute, re-equip and reorganise forces from prior offensives”, all factors which are said to be “likely hindering Russian combat effectiveness."

Daily Express

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

But up until that point they'll be a lot more effective.

The conversation was never about Russian vs Ukrainian maintenance effectiveness, it was about the tank crew sitting unprotected on top of the ammunition magazine/carousel.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I've said this before but that's also what people were saying about Ratko Mladic and Radovan Karadzic if they stayed in Serbia after the war in Bosnia. 

It may have taken a while (13 years for Karadzic and 16 in Mladic's case) but eventually the situation in Serbia changed enough that they both ended up facing the International Criminal Tribunal.

Justice has a way of catching up with people.

Maybe that could happen in Russia in time.