Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

43 minutes ago, tgw said:

this is nonsense.

Ruzzia is already occupying parts of Moldova and Georgia. They won't stop there.

Also, I would like you and the other posters who say Ruzzia has "obvious security concerns" to explain what these security concerns are and in which scenarios and how the invasion of Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova would mitigate these concerns.

I’m sure you know very well what these security concerns are. You just refuse to accept that they are valid, as far as Russia is concerned. It’s not unlike US’s concerns when missiles were being sent to Cuba.

America’s actions all round the world (military bases, troops in Kinmen etc) is leading the world down the road to another major conflict. This is plain to practically everyone, except for those who are too obtuse or arrogant.

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.state.gov/reports/2023-country-reports-on-human-rights-practices/ukraine/

2023 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices: Ukraine

Swathes of paragraphs about how bad Russia is 

(the report is supposed to be about Ukraine)

And then

There were also significant human rights issues involving Ukrainian government officials, although not comparable to the scope of Russia’s abuses, which included credible reports of: enforced disappearance; torture and cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment; harsh and life-threatening prison conditions; arbitrary arrest or detention; serious problems with the independence of the judiciary; restrictions on freedom of expression, including for members of the media, including violence or threats of violence against journalists, unjustified arrests or prosecutions of journalists, and censorship; serious restrictions on internet freedom; substantial interference with the freedoms of peaceful assembly and association; restrictions on freedom of movement; serious government corruption; extensive gender-based violence; systematic restrictions on workers’ freedom of association; and the existence of the worst forms of child labor. Some of these human rights issues stemmed from martial law, which continued to curtail democratic freedoms, including freedom of movement, freedom of the press, freedom of peaceful assembly, and legal protections.

The government often did not take adequate steps to identify and punish officials who may have committed abuses.

• Confused 4
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, tgw said:

Please explain very clearly.

Treat me as an alien who just landed on earth and wanted to understand "Ruzzia's security concerns" and how invading Ukraine alleviates them.

You are an enlightened poster who "did his own research" and aren't one of those people who would just parrot things and then not be able to explain them, right ?

Do your own research or not, it doesn’t matter to me. By misspelling Russia, you have already shown your prejudice so no amount of explanation or proof will change your western view.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

It takes an incredible level of dishonesty to blame Russia's war of choice on any other country but Russia.

It takes an incredible amount of ignorance and denial to blame Russia 100% for this current conflict.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

It’s interesting how AN is a microcosm of the collective west. The majority of posters are anti-Russia and their posts are mostly bereft of facts. The narrative is spearheaded by some ‘profuse’ American posters (just look at the post count to see who posts almost twice as much as anyone else). Any dissenting voices (like Oban and Fico) are quickly shut down, their views drowned out by a cacophony of insults and ridicule. Typical US style bullying.

Europe is being irreparably destroyed by the poor leadership of NATO and they are too afraid and incompetent to do anything about it.The fact that they dare not get to the bottom of the NS sabotage shows to the world the real perpetrator of this attack. A real Stockholm syndrome if ever there’s one.

The amount of confused emojis this post will receive is further proof of the above. Nothing is factually wrong. I have included my own opinions which western values supposedly will fight to defend my right to have. And yet, my post will likely come in for criticism with the usual “gibberish, nonsense, rubbish” etc adjectives.

• Confused 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, jas007 said:

Surely, people must know that the military industrial complex in the US is huge. Over the years, trillions of dollars change hands. Lots of money for corruption. And the merchants of war can afford to hire the best spin doctors on planet earth.  And they have. And, in conjunction with the help of their corporate media buddies, they demonize both Russia and Putin.  And the politicians are funded, of course.  And so we are all on the brink of nuclear annihilation, all so that some fat cats and some bankers can make big bucks.

One of the most wonderful aspects of the pro-Putin camp is how they continuously claim that the world is in great danger... but NOT from the country who actually has started the biggest war in Europe since 1945 that has cost the lives of hundreds of thousands.  That country somehow doesn't even come into the conversation, and in the rare occasions it does, it's to justify their invasion by claiming they had no choice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, tgw said:

so, what are Ruzzia's "security concerns" that withstand a logical analysis ?

Russia's "security concerns" are the failure of the 10 war that is headed towards year three, and the war economy wrecking their civilian economy. 

• Thumbs Up 2