Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

33 minutes ago, rabas said:

Do you know that German gas imports are now cheaper than before Putin's war? And, you suggest Putin's threats to shut off EU gas, possibly killing people, is more a reliable energy supply? 

I ask if know because I find it hard to believe someone can post so much Russian disinformation and not know. But I acknowledge it's possible. Read this: Newly declassified US intel claims Russia is laundering propaganda through unwitting Westerners

germangas.png.62c11501d14186d146a5db2c44a7ec6b.png

https://ycharts.com/indicators/germany_natural_gas_border_price

Gas price per se is not the issue here. The simple fact is that Germany has to pay more for its gas now than it would have to, had NS still be operational. It’s just economics. Gas was piped directly from Russia to Germany. This is the cheapest option possible. Now it arrives by tankers, having been compressed into liquid form and having to be uncompressed or whatever to refill the storage tanks. All these extra processes plus transportation costs adds to the cost. 

Apparently, Germany still uses a,lot of Russian supplied gas, through Belgium and the Netherlands.

https://www.highnorthnews.com/en/germany-continues-import-russian-natural-gas-through-belgium-and-netherlands
Interesting, I didn’t know that.

And finally, Germany is worse off than before.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/germany-set-permanently-pay-reliance-101957758.html

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/10/2024 at 5:28 PM, jvs said:

Is Russia winning?A 3 days special operation that is still going on now! The second strongest army in the world,more people,more equipment and more money!

Is that what winning looks like?

Just have a look at their losses,they are staggering!

Doesn't matter how many he loses, Putin has oil, he also has autocrat allies that will supply him with arms to continue to strike civilian targets, power stations, fuel depots until Ukraine runs out of soldiers and Putin will continue to get mercenaries and felons to act as cannon fodder.  He is a sick defeated spy who took over power and wants to get Russia back to the "glory days" no matter the cost in manpower.  He also reportedly has kidnapped hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian kids who are reportedly being forced to become Russians.  Meanwhile the world mostly stands by....

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

with all this back and forth about Ukraine, Russia, Nato and so forth I lost track of what was the main reason for Russia to invade Ukraine, by reading your posts it appears it was not about Ukraine wanting to be part of the western world and member of Nato, Putin said ghat many times, it was not about Nato, so be so kindly and explain what was his main reason

Putin came from the cold war KGB and wants to regain the former glory of the USSR...when Obama and the rest of the world allowed him to take Crimea, that opened the gateway to the rest of Ukraine.  If Ukraine falls, then nearby countries will join Russia too in my opinion, especially if Trump is the next US president.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

All going to plan

🤔

Putin appointed Sergei Shoigu as Secretary of the russian security council  

Putin dismissed Patrushev from the post of Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation.
Putin removed Shoigu from the post of Defense Minister!!!Image

He only hires the best people.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Presnock said:

Putin went head with the invasion of Ukraine because Obama sat quietly in the background when Russia took Crimea.  The UN is a puppet for the losers as far as I am concerned and can't really do much against autocrats as several sit on the Security Council.  TIme to upgrade the organization but I sure don't know how that could be done in the world of today. Now a full fledged invasion AGAIN from the Russians and looks like Ukraine is going to need some more help - long range missiles to make Putin less popular as Russian cities are struck too.  Sanctions from what I see against autocrats seldom work at all since the autocrats help each other out to alleviate any problems from the sanctions.  I feel sorry for any country near Russia with the US election looming and Trump in the lead since he already announced no support for NATO and even told the world that very thing so his buddy Putin will know he can do whatever he wants so he must feel he needs to get rid of Ukraine, grab their ferile fields control grains around the world and then in the near future move into other nearby countries as he tries to re-establish the USSR.  Scary sitution for much of the world suffering this year from weather conditions.

Lot's of day dreaming in there.

What do you think Russia will do if Ukraine uses western missiles to attack Russian cities- say "you win, we give up"? LOL. They will send missiles against Ukrainian cities. That's what escalation is.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Presnock said:

Doesn't matter how many he loses, Putin has oil, he also has autocrat allies that will supply him with arms to continue to strike civilian targets, power stations, fuel depots until Ukraine runs out of soldiers and Putin will continue to get mercenaries and felons to act as cannon fodder.  He is a sick defeated spy who took over power and wants to get Russia back to the "glory days" no matter the cost in manpower.  He also reportedly has kidnapped hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian kids who are reportedly being forced to become Russians.  Meanwhile the world mostly stands by....

Meanwhile the world mostly stands by....

Do the right thing. Strike a blow for freedom and smite the Russian orcs. Join the Ukrainian army and fight for the side of right. They have a trench waiting for YOU.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Meanwhile the world mostly stands by....

Do the right thing. Strike a blow for freedom and smite the Russian orcs. Join the Ukrainian army and fight for the side of right. They have a trench waiting for YOU.

Yeah, I went off to war over 55 years ago, did my share, now if the rest of the free world wants to keep it that way, let THEM do their share.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

maybe some corruption involved, he doesn't know who to trust anymore

Putin replaces defense minister

Shoigu’s reassignment comes after his deputy, Timur Ivanov, was arrested and is under investigation for taking a large bribe, according to Russian state media.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/putin-replaces-defense-minister-203058535.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin has appointed Sergei Shoigu secretary of the Russian Security Council, the Kremlin’s press service reports.

“Vladimir Putin signed a decree on the Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation. 1. Appoint Sergei Kuzhugetovich Shoigu as Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation,” the message says.

By another decree, the Russian leader released Nikolai Patrushev resigned from this position in connection with the transition to another job.

In turn, the press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov said that in his new post, Army General Shoigu will simultaneously be deputy president in the military-industrial complex commission, RIA Novosti reports.

“Shoigu, as secretary of the Security Council, will simultaneously be the deputy president in the military—industrial complex commission,” Peskov told reporters during a briefing.
The Kremlin spokesman added that Shoigu will also oversee the work of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC), which is directly subordinate to the head of state.

“You already know, earlier it was also reported that the FSVTS is being withdrawn from the Ministry of Defense under the president. And its work will also be headed and supervised by Sergei Shoigu,” Peskov said.

Sounds like he has been given more responsibilities.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

No they are not!

They are fighting a war inside Ukraine's borders!

Was it you that said attack is the best defence? 🙄

Pardon me if I mixed you up with another.

• Confused 3

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Not sure where you have been over the past several years, but PUTIN has already been sending missiles against the Ukrainian cities killing thousands of civilians including hospitals

The estimated deaths of civilians is around 10k (Link), while the estimated deaths in Ukrainian army is 300-400k. Civilians obviously are not the targets.

Edited by VBer
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1