Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Well that was an insane 24 hours that ended up with nothing. 

My personal opinion on this is that Prigozhin and Putin are still friends , and they agreed to remove the military leaders who they feel are weak. 

Now Prigozhin will get the weapons he asked for , he will get another base in Belarus and all hell will break loose. Be prepared for the worst. 

Edited by balo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

My personal opinion on this is that Prigozhin and Putin are still friends , and they agreed to remove the military leaders who they feel are weak. 

Now Prigozhin will get the weapons he asked for , he will get another base in Belarus and all hell will break loose. Be prepared for the worst. 

Could easily be you're right. For the moment what transpired doesn't make much sense, it could be interpreted in many different ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

And, let's not forget the tactical nukes that were sent to Belarus.  Has he been given control of them, so Putin can (try to) wash his hands of any involvement should they be used?

3 hours ago, tgw said:

there are videos of fighting inside Rostov and explosion of vehicles on the highway. looks pretty much real.

was it verified to be truth or just another Russian make to believe video, they are good at that

34 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

was it verified to be truth or just another Russian make to believe video, they are good at that

just propaganda for the Russian sheep " Look at how I deal with mutineers " Why was there no dead in the convoy the chopper fired on?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

just propaganda for the Russian sheep " Look at how I deal with mutineers " Why was there no dead in the convoy the chopper fired on?

yes,  don't you think a chopper firing at a convoy of 400 vehicles would hit something,   and if this was serious wouldn't there be more than just one chopper ....  haha .......   I think it was all staged by Putin & Wagner.    jimo

The Russians are experts at faking war games.

Edited by steven100

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

If this wasn't a rehearsed stage act between Putin & Wagner then I don't know what is ....

it's faked .....   imo

Putin came off like a weak assed b running away from Moscow liked a scared puppy. So you're saying he planned that? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Putin came off like a weak assed b running away from Moscow liked a scared puppy. So you're saying he planned that? 

well,  we don't know for sure but seems mighty strange to have just one chopper firing on a convoy of 400 vehicles and even then can't hit one.    Lol    

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well,  we don't know for sure but seems mighty strange to have just one chopper firing on a convoy of 400 vehicles and even then can't hit one.    Lol    

Consider that almost all of the active military is focused on Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Consider that almost all of the active military is focused on Ukraine.

you mean like no spare soldiers or equipment .....  could be right ...    I was sorry we didn't see a tank shoot a big hole in one of those hi rise buildings ..   Lol

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Explain to us Jingthhing that a supposedly massive convoy in a straight line could not be hit by rockets from an assault Chopper from close range. 1 could hit a fuel depot but couldn't hit a column of vehicles.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

it was all part of the "theatrical" rehearsal .... but Prigozhin last minute u turn it's a little strange, was he expecting backup from the FSB and it didn't materialize

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it was all part of the "theatrical" rehearsal .... but Prigozhin last minute u turn it's a little strange, was he expecting backup from the FSB and it didn't materialize

There are many theories but whatever is happening, this story isn't nearly over.

But Putin has been badly degraded. How he deals with that is unknown to us, but it's possible he's already made a personal survival escape deal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

GMTV are reporting this morning that the bully boy's from the Kremlin said if Wagner does not retreat there families will suffer.

Still unconfirmed but I also read the same thing on a number of different sources. Supposedly the GRU and FSB rounded up the families of all the Wagner members they could find and used that as leverage to get Prigozhin to turn his forces around.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

GMTV are reporting this morning that the bully boy's from the Kremlin said if Wagner does not retreat there families will suffer.

and I thought many of Wagner's fighters were foreigners, Syrians, Iraqis, Libya, etc....

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

and I thought many of Wagner's fighters were foreigners, Syrians, Iraqis, Libya, etc....

I think you're getting confused. 95% of Wagner's personnel are Russian, with most of the others being Ukrainians, Armenians, Kazakhs and Moldovans. They've fought in Syria and Libya but they don't recruit from there, as far as I can tell.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Putin makes a brief speech, now also confirming the deaths of some Russian pilots:

"Putin said some Russian pilots had died in the fighting. Prigozhin previously said 30 Wagner fighters had been killed."

"Prigozhin said the Wagner Group did not attack any Russian soldiers "on the ground" but acknowledged that they fired back on military forces that had allegedly attacked Wagner fighters from the air."

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/26/1184390064/putin-speech-prigozhin-wagner-group-deal

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I thought the majority were from Russian prisons. That's where he was recruiting the bulk of them until it got stopped.

Video Reveals How Russian Mercenaries Recruit Inmates 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/16/world/europe/russia-wagner-ukraine-video.html

UN experts alarmed by recruitment of prisoners by “Wagner Group”

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/03/russian-federation-un-experts-alarmed-recruitment-prisoners-wagner-group

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I thought the majority were from Russian prisons. That's where he was recruiting the bulk of them until it got stopped.

Video Reveals How Russian Mercenaries Recruit Inmates 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/16/world/europe/russia-wagner-ukraine-video.html

UN experts alarmed by recruitment of prisoners by “Wagner Group”

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2023/03/russian-federation-un-experts-alarmed-recruitment-prisoners-wagner-group

And now those criminals are allowed to move to Belarus.

• Thumbs Up 1