What is the good news about living in Thailand now?

webfact

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

After been around Thailand almost 3 times on wheels (mostly two) it become normal and as I said predictable.

Nah

You just been lucky like me.

22 years on the roads, so far.

I would never say after my time on the roads,

i know what may  happen next.

But hey,

most people are more smart than me. :jap:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orinoco said:

Nah

You just been lucky like me.

22 years on the roads, so far.

I would never say after my time on the roads,

i know what may  happen next.

But hey,

most people are more smart than me. :jap:

Come on, chill, it is Friday, right, can not discuss everything serious everytime every day?

One bit of good news about Thailand is that with the possible exception of the deep South - Sharia Law does not apply, which is becoming a rare situation.

And if you must have religion - the Thai version of Buddhism is generally harmless and temple visits can be fun and fascinating.

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

So don't ever come here again please.

Maybe you should start to learn reading, the headlines says what is the GOOD NEWS. Well, there is no news at all so it's none.

Furthermore I am wondering from where you have the guts to tell me not to come to Thailand anymore, it's not to you to order, instruct or tell me otherwise not to come. Very rude, unpolite and uncivilized so mind your own business.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

The good news is that with all the chemical pesticides found in the wonderful Thai fruits and vegetables that you ingest, you will never be eaten by bugs.  

Have you read on a food tin label what we consume in the west? Overprocessed flavoured muck IMO, but I've lived a very long time on it. I doubt food in Thailand is worse for me. I certainly never suffered for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kinnock said:

One bit of good news about Thailand is that with the possible exception of the deep South - Sharia Law does not apply, which is becoming a rare situation.

And if you must have religion - the Thai version of Buddhism is generally harmless and temple visits can be fun and fascinating.

Ah....those quaint and mysterious Orientals. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

And all in my garden, plus; wild spinach, lemons, bananas, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, Krapow and other herbs that just appear.

Does anyone know what these fruits are called ? taste a bit like cherries, very sweet with a stone inside, eat one, and after even chillies taste sweet, and beer like lemonade. 

IMG_20220226_082751.thumb.jpg.d7f581a50e6845edbabeb52b5944ef01.jpg

Where do u live?

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And all in my garden, plus; wild spinach, lemons, bananas, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, Krapow and other herbs that just appear.

Does anyone know what these fruits are called ? taste a bit like cherries, very sweet with a stone inside, eat one, and after even chillies taste sweet, and beer like lemonade. 

Look a little like Bella Donna....!!!!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I predict a large HGV will run into the back of me at stop lights or suddenly veer across the carriageway to hit me head on. How shall I avoid that …?

Deleted happens, and something is out of range no matter where you are, but still more likely to happen in countries like Thailand. 

I always pay attention what is coming. Ehind me after stopped for red light, and also when riding a motorbike if first make sure  Im not on the middle line and also go to the front through the line, not leaving my back open. 

However, I will still claim there is a pattern and a quote predictable patter of deleted driving here in Thailand, how they do shortcuts on behalf the safety of themselves and others. Also how little or short notice they give when they change line without thinking of whats coming from behind. 

In Budda they trust

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Maybe you should start to learn reading, the headlines says what is the GOOD NEWS. Well, there is no news at all so it's none.

Furthermore I am wondering from where you have the guts to tell me not to come to Thailand anymore, it's not to you to order, instruct or tell me otherwise not to come. Very rude, unpolite and uncivilized so mind your own business.

How do you know there is no good news, you aren't even here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

We've a nearby waterfall that runs naturally with a high grade Ya Dong. 

The treasured abundance that is paradise.

On 2/25/2022 at 6:16 AM, RichardColeman said:

Yeah, but Xi might !

On 2/25/2022 at 6:40 AM, ezzra said:

The good new are that you get up in the morning alive and well and some of us even with a stiffly...

Why do men wake in the morning with a boner, always there bless him.