Thai TV star missing after falling into Chao Phraya River Thursday night

webfact

Screenshot-2022-02-25-10.08.38-AM.jpg

Rescue workers and divers in speedboats and on jet-skis have been searching the Chao Phraya River, near the Pibulsongkram pier in Nonthaburi, since late last night (Thursday) for local TV star Nida “Tangmo” Patcharaveerapong, who went missing after she fell into the river.

Tangmo was with a small group of friends on board a speedboat, which left Thon Buri Bridge at about 9.30pm, heading towards Nonthaburi.

How she came to fall into the river remains unclear. Nonthaburi district police said they received a report late last night of a woman falling into the river and they asked the Ruamkatanyu Foundation to conduct search.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-tv-star-missing-after-falling-into-chao-phraya-river-thursday-night/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-25

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I would assume no one was wearing a life jacket.

She was accompanied by the same guy who was in the news a few weeks ago driving his car while

holding Kratom,maybe that is one of the reasons no one noticed her falling out?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Search to Resume for Actress in Chao Phraya River

screenshot_16875.jpg

NONTHABURI, Feb 25 (TNA) – Rescuers will resume their search for Nida “Tangmo” Patcharaveerapong in the Chao Phraya River after a suspension to pave the way for the traffic of passenger and cargo boats in the morning rush hour.

The search and rescue mission was launched for Tangmo who fell from a speedboat into the river near the Pibulsongkram pier in Suan Yai sub-district of Muang district in Nonthaburi last night.

Before the incident, the actress was traveling on a speedboat with six friends including three females. Scuba divers needed clues from the people about how the actress fell from the boat to plan their search mission.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-890547

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-25

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

How she came to fall into the river remains unclear. 

According to Mrs. Connda, the unfortunate lass went to the stern alone to relieve herself.  I'm assuming she picked that tidbit up from Thai TV. 
Buddy system and life-jackets on boats my friends. 

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, but it's worth noting that the report quotes her mother as saying she had been a strong swimmer since she was a child. If anyone would know if she could swim, it would surely be her mother.

Being  a strong swimmer doesn't necessarly cut it.  Knowing how to keep your cool and staying afloat is what keeps you alive.  And prolonged exposure in the Chao Praya is going to take it's toll as well.  Man you do not want to fall off a boat at night. 

• Like 2

Very sad.  And the rest of the people on the boat didn't immediately realise she was missing, so they couldn't tell the volunteer rescue teams where to look.  

An experienced skipper would keep an eye on his passengers, and also have a well rehearsed 'man overboard' drill ..... plus insist on life jackets.

She's been missing 24 hours now ????

5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Very sad.  And the rest of the people on the boat didn't immediately realise she was missing, so they couldn't tell the volunteer rescue teams where to look.  

An experienced skipper would keep an eye on his passengers, and also have a well rehearsed 'man overboard' drill ..... plus insist on life jackets.

She's been missing 24 hours now ????

No more live cross interviews

9 hours ago, connda said:

According to Mrs. Connda, the unfortunate lass went to the stern alone to relieve herself.  I'm assuming she picked that tidbit up from Thai TV. 
Buddy system and life-jackets on boats my friends. 

So squatting over edge of boat, not the most sensible thing to do.

20 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

It was reported she couldn’t swim….at night and no life preserver?

nature always bats last 

As I often quote to the wife as we drive to Isan.........'I am Thai, I want to die'........they just don't seem to think, care, give damn on roads or, it seems, rivers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Very sad. Sounds like she had a few sherberts and decided to squat to pee off the boat and lost her balance. 

I'm sure most of us have done equally stupid things and got away with it. I know I have...

That's what my wife told me ( from news in Thai ) ; she told also that she was drunk 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:22 PM, cardinalblue said:

It was reported she couldn’t swim….at night and no life preserver?

nature always bats last 

I'm not saying it's fact, but my Thai wife said yesterday that the woman was drunk, trying to pee off side/stern of boat and fell off. Couldn't swim, no life jacket, and all were drunk and didn't notice her overboard. All of that sounds way too believable in the Kingdom. 

Occams Razor.

said in a report that her Manager had seen her fall, so what is correct as on other media sites it said noone had seen her fall.

Body found, now to find out if she was drunk or had something else in her body. Apparently the body was found about 1KM from where she apparently fell off the boat, surely that would be in the initial search area.

Edited by beano2274

4 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I'm not saying it's fact, but my Thai wife said yesterday that the woman was drunk, trying to pee off side/stern of boat and fell off. Couldn't swim, no life jacket, and all were drunk and didn't notice her overboard. All of that sounds way too believable in the Kingdom. 

Occams Razor.

Other reports of her body being found. Drunk perhaps but these type of people usually take drugs too. Clearly an unblalanced individual as she attempted to take her own life in 2015. Why all the fuss ?

Edited by Excel
  • Confused 1