Pattaya City announces not to hold any activities, events, or gatherings with more than 50 people due to rising Covid-19 cases

webfact

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

It's time to let people choose for themselves whether it's too risky or not. Outdoor music festivals on the beach cancelled when the chances of getting covid are minimal yet multi generational Thai families live in confined spaces is OK.

It has most certainly been proven that open air events carry risk in spreading Covid, it started in Europe that way at football matches. It spread in Thailand at boxing events. That was with a far less contagious strain too. And families mixing together is not the same thing... that could be considered a bubble.

'People choosing for themselves', well it doesn't seem to work very well generally. Perhaps because then they are not considering others. 

A young person would not worry, yet still be serving up foodstuffs at their place of employment the next day. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

I am so glad that I did not go to Thailand yet.  My buddy in Hua Hin stayed there for 2 months and

is anxious to get back to Canada. Said that it was the most boring time that he has ever spent in Thailand.

I am hoping that by November, the numbers will be down by then and the restrictions all gone. I do hope that TAT and the

Thai government will have had enough time to make a few logical decisions by then. Maybe I am giving them both too much

hope.  I am ever optimistic. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 3:21 PM, jacko45k said:

It has most certainly been proven that open air events carry risk in spreading Covid, it started in Europe that way at football matches. It spread in Thailand at boxing events. That was with a far less contagious strain too. And families mixing together is not the same thing... that could be considered a bubble.

'People choosing for themselves', well it doesn't seem to work very well generally. Perhaps because then they are not considering others. 

A young person would not worry, yet still be serving up foodstuffs at their place of employment the next day. 

People gather no matter what you do. In hospitals for example.

There is no evidence any of these measures work. That’s the unbelievable part. Belarus did nothing, they didn’t get wiped off the face of the earth. They are actually doing quite well. 

No again, people choosing for themselves works 100%. If you are frightened to death you stay home. Leave everyone else be. Nothing “works” in the way you are using the term. 

1 hour ago, illiterate said:

There is no evidence any of these measures work. That’s the unbelievable part. Belarus did nothing, they didn’t get wiped off the face of the earth. They are actually doing quite well. 

No again, people choosing for themselves works 100%. If you are frightened to death you stay home. Leave everyone else be. Nothing “works” in the way you are using the term. 

Everything that is happening is so obviously one sided, yet people like you keep dishing the fear and screwing up the earth for everyone. Live in fear! It’s fine with me. I support you 100! I don’t wanna see your face anyway. Leave others alone. 

Belarus, run by “Europe’s last dictator”, a country that stopped reporting daily deaths. Their excess death data also stopped in March last year and was way over that of most countries per capita. Its a country in denial much the same as Russia with its fake death rates. The most unreal death charts for Belarus in the world for covid.

Doctors afraid to speak out for fear of finding themselves behind bars.  “kill the virus with vodka,” was advised there while hospitals were overwhelmed with shortages of oxygen and medicines.

Try again and stay away from whatever sites it is that you get your information. Either that or provide credible links to your claims that they are doing well.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-europe-health-pandemics-belarus-23001be567f93f12980c60bedd81a77c

• Like 1

18 hours ago, illiterate said:

People gather no matter what you do. In hospitals for example.

Everything that is happening is so obviously one sided, yet people like you keep dishing the fear and screwing up the earth for everyone. Live in fear! It’s fine with me. I support you 100! I don’t wanna see your face anyway. Leave others alone. 

People do not crowd together in hospitals, silly to even to bring that up as an example. Public transport would be a far better one. 

Your metric is if a country did not get wiped off the face of the earth, they did well? Belarus did employ Covid measures, the people reacted and did their own isolation, there is large hospital capacity there and people were forced into isolation. There are no care homes for elderly, so they mostly live alone, which is sad but in this case benefited this vulnerable group. Their daily deaths currently seem to be in a stead rise evident since 2020. 

People like you, who dig up obscure dictatorship countries like Belarus (who are more concerned about being a Russian puppet) are part of the problem. This is an open forum, put me on ignore if you cannot deal with opposing opinion. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 2/26/2022 at 2:20 PM, champers said:

Plenty of bars and restaurants will have more than 50 people in tonight (including staff).

If the police don't shut all these places down the initiative will have fallen at the first fence.

Extended opening hours would lead to less crowding and more mothballed places would re-open.

They erected a stage with Thai music on Pattaya Sai3 Rd today, photo after midnight IMG_20220301_000926_826.thumb.jpg.0037637f6ee1284cc63ff19f92e01639.jpg

Edited by PoorSucker
  • Haha 1