Thailand will not rush to condemn Russia over Ukraine, says Foreign Minister Don

snoop1130

We cannot rush to condemn a country that spends money here in thailand !!!  most every country in the world has stood up and spoken out about Evil Vlad..not the land of smiles..  money grabbing Barstuards.. showing their colours eh...

• Haha 1

Yes, a few countries have condemned Russia for their invasion of the Ukraine. In the United Nations only China abstained. And apart from Russia's puppet state Belarus, no other countries in the Western world condone Russia for this invasion of another state!

I'm glad that Thailand is monitoring the situation closely and may need to adjust its policy to be more tangible and that the invasion of a nuclear country on a poorly defended neighbour must be allowed to take its natural path, which ultimately means the suppression of a sovereign state by force with many civilian casualties and destruction of homes and public buildings and forcing an illegal government on the survivors!

Yes, the war in Ukraine involves many players with various vested interests: one of whom is Thailand and their desperation to obtain currency! The Thai policy may change if Russia is unable to make payment on their exports?

What a pity the USA lost influence in Thailand and the Thailand decided to bend towards China!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pabs said:

You obviously have no clue as to what is going on do you??? Go back in your cave and keep listening to our fake governments and media.

Telling someone to "go back in your cave" because you disagree with a perfectly polite comment they made, says much more about you than it does about them 

He is wise to stay neutral on the Russian invasion. There are hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing into Russia which is never mentioned in the Western media. The current situation is far more complex than we are being told.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Honestly it would have been much better to say nothing at all.

I disagree because now we know about the rich vein of appeasement running through an organisation that is more concerned about it’s own “ Vested Interests “ and not the killing of innocent civilians women and children by an uncaring madman who sadly has his finger on the nuclear button.

we should also remember that this same bunch sided with Myanmar and the genocide perpetrated therein.

Should we comment on their stance? Yes of course.

should we condemn them for it? Yes of course.

Can we do anything about it? No of course not because their own vested interests preclude them from listening to and acting in the same way that the Free World across the world has done.

They should consider that every country who up until Putin started his illegal massacre of the innocents has had to stop all exports and imports from Russia and they have done so willingly and without complaint because it is for the good of the Ukrainian people and the free world, any short term losses will be more than compensated for in the longer term after Putin is removed and condemned to history just like all the other mad inhumane despots the world has known.

Sadly Thailand a country I know and love dearly may well find itself ostracised in the future for it’s self centred stance when this travesty is over.

Sincere Good Luck Ukraine if I were not in my 76th year I would be in your country fully armed and ready to fight for you.

He sounds like Trump when he refused to condemn racist white supremacists after a protest that saw a racist run down a peaceful protestor with his car. This is by far the worst thing I have ever heard come out of Thailand officials, and it says a lot about their true moral fiber. They’re so afraid of pi$$ing off a source of tourist revenue that they are willing to condone war crimes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

more concerned about it’s own “ Vested Interests “

Which describes every government in the World.  :Let's not be naïve about this, its all about vested interests, power, oligarchs and money flow. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

I disagree because now we know about the rich vein of appeasement running through an organisation that is more concerned about it’s own “ Vested Interests “ and not the killing of innocent civilians women and children by an uncaring madman who sadly has his finger on the nuclear button.

we should also remember that this same bunch sided with Myanmar and the genocide perpetrated therein.

Should we comment on their stance? Yes of course.

should we condemn them for it? Yes of course.

Can we do anything about it? No of course not because their own vested interests preclude them from listening to and acting in the same way that the Free World across the world has done.

They should consider that every country who up until Putin started his illegal massacre of the innocents has had to stop all exports and imports from Russia and they have done so willingly and without complaint because it is for the good of the Ukrainian people and the free world, any short term losses will be more than compensated for in the longer term after Putin is removed and condemned to history just like all the other mad inhumane despots the world has known.

Sadly Thailand a country I know and love dearly may well find itself ostracised in the future for it’s self centred stance when this travesty is over.

Sincere Good Luck Ukraine if I were not in my 76th year I would be in your country fully armed and ready to fight for you.

You are correct sir. Thailand is going to be demoted in the eyes of the world because of this, placed on permanent $hit lists. They will never see another Ukrainian tourist.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

He is wise to stay neutral on the Russian invasion. There are hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing into Russia which is never mentioned in the Western media. The current situation is far more complex than we are being told.

This is not true.  We all have seen this on tv these movements from Ukraine to Russia!   So you are trying to get fake news into the world.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Nonsense wallet.

Like average Russians have bitcoin wallets.

Poor Vladimir is in a world of trouble. He will either put a bullet in his head or someone close to him will.

Good to see Aseannow has child killer apologists posting.

Putin is long overdue for a bullet through the head. He won't go out like Hitler....more like Saddam Hussein.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jerno said:

Natural path? Of illegal invasion and war started by Putin?  Unbelievable!  You are a total and utter idiot.  Damn you for condoning Putin's actions. Damn you.

He is going to find himself not too popular in the near future. If this were my country I’d be calling for his resignation. If Thailand were attacked by Myanmar or China would he let things follow their natural course or would he be on his knees begging for help and sympathy? But I wonder who else is behind him in this. He didn’t come up with this on his own. What are Thailand’s hidden connections to Russian powers, oligarchs, dirty money, and brown envelopes?

If Thailand is shown to help Russia with banking or trade etc., they are vey likely to find themselves on the receiving end of sanctions/restrictions from the West......remember the Japan has already inr=troduced sanctions and they have a huge vested interest in Thailand's industries.

• Like 1