Ukrainian Embassy in Bangkok appeals for people to join fight against Russia

webfact

LOL, let them dream on and the fools who go have good luck. I'll buy popcorn and sit back, not our fight, we never helped Ukraine in the first place, we only used them as a buffer ourselves and moved farming there while taking jobs from local farmers in EU while blaming climate change.

Had some great profits on wheat usd futures tho, ukraine farms quite a bit.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

9 hours ago, djayz said:

How much do they pay? ????

Ukrainian government has promissed thai to pay $3300 monthly mercenary wage. 
surely thai government would have full right to stop those killers getting killed by withdrawing their passports. 
most of those ex-military as social losers, unemployed, unqualified for civilian life, but still they suppose ro take care of their families and not become cannon fodder and put their families of mercy of thai government handouts 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, djayz said:

How much do they pay? ????

From their facebook page:  "foreigners have the right to join the Armed Forces of Ukraine for military service under Contract of a voluntary basis"

I don't know but does voluntary basis mean no pay.

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

surely thai government would have full right to stop those killers getting killed by withdrawing their passports. 
most of those ex-military as social losers, unemployed, unqualified for civilian life, but still they suppose ro take care of their families and not become cannon fodder and put their families of mercy of thai government handouts 

Hmmm, I do believe I have read the same about why a large number of young Americans join the all volunteer US military (and some foreign citizens, as well hoping to gain US citizenship).

1 hour ago, rwill said:

From their facebook page:  "foreigners have the right to join the Armed Forces of Ukraine for military service under Contract of a voluntary basis"

I don't know but does voluntary basis mean no pay.

If that were so, the all volunteer US military would not be paying US service member?

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

If this is in fact true, then over THB 107,000/month. Quite tempting for many young people me thinks. 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

If this is in fact true, then over THB 107,000/month. Quite tempting for many young people me thinks. 

Young people may be desperate for money but not stupid. Risking death and possibility of not getting paid if Ukraine fall. It's not an oversea job assignment with good living conditions but physical challenges, logistic problems and complex risky war situation. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — The United Arab Emirates has suspended its visa-free regime with Ukraine that allowed Ukrainian citizens to stay in the country for up to 30 days without the need for a visa.

I guess the Emirati's won't be signing up? Maybe the UAE doesn't want Ukranian refugees or they don't want to make Vlad mad.  Now I can cancel my next trip to Dubai.  Of course I haven't been to Dubai in over a decade.  

They don't want thousands of refugees through the backdoor.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, sammieuk1 said:

You have come to the right place for recruitment a million badge laden heros here and they come with their own tanks and subs???? 

Yep...a lot of Special Forces amongst them ????????????

• Like 1