Teacher assaults primary student because he dared to ask a question

webfact

Once you turn monologues into dialogues - matters will improve. 

But this is exactly, what the established elite does not want. Keep 'em stupid and silly, fun and games all the way. The people who could invoke long, long overdue revamping of education are the very same who benefit of the status quo. 

Thailand will be haunted for its missing labour force being able to do more than just massages and plying the trade while the country's backbone in agriculture is being exploited second to none. 

This is a failed state and can only be fixed with a proper civil uprising against the Phoo Yais and all those tens of thousands of crooks looking down on all those minions they've been exploiting for generations! I will not be around to see it happen but ...... it will happen! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

True, sometimes kids ask questions intentionally to try to shame or embarrass the teacher … but even then, you’ve (the teacher) got to be better than that, you’ve got to be smarter than that and know how to handle those cases without using “force”

And I think the last thing a truly good teacher wants or should want is a class that becomes afraid to ask genuine questions…

My teacher would say things like “does anyone in class know?” or she might say “i don’t know either, so you all are going to help me find out.”… those situations effector became ‘teachable moments’ if you will. 

If there was obvious malicious intent, then the answer was always the same - you got a immediate “conduct referral” slip of paper and were sent to the office for a discussion with one of the vice-principal and potentially a letter/call to mom or dad.. never ever did discipline involve physical contact. 

I understand teachers here wield a lot of social power in the larger societal hierarchy structure … and that’s fine.. but concurrent with that also comes an equal level of responsibility and accountability for its use.

• Thanks 2

I really wish my students would ask more questions, especially with all this online learning. We got them all in Line Groups. I'm always telling them they could ask in the group or private message me. A few do, but alas many do not. Mostly it's laziness, but also they have ingrained in them this philosophy of not asking.

Instead they copy from their friends who had incorrect answers I told them to change. These just keep getting passed along, and it makes you wonder what if any education they're getting.

I was once at a big, famous name, chain of private schools in BKK, where the kids were repeatedly whacked. It was a joke, just for show, as much of the things at those schools are. They laughed about it and kept on doing whatever they were doing, acting out in class, running in the halls, playing games, not doing any work. There otherwise were no real consequences to any of it. Their hi-so parents paid exorbitant fees, for which they expected high scores every term.

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's the BIG problem here 

regards Worgeordie

Young teachers ar e more worried about  how they look and being popular.

Old teachers just want to get it done and over with.  They no longer care  because the system doesn't care.

From what I am hearing from friends in Canada Thailand is not the only place that is devoted to wrote learning.  

Teachers are getting lazy and schools no longer care about the students it is ensuring that they keep the funding they need no matter how low they have to go.

• Like 2

there will be cctv in school classrooms 

post the teacher hitting the kid and post it online so it can be publicly seen then beleive me their won’t be any further problems at that school or any other for that matter for a long time 

it’s the teacher needs a lesson actually 

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Is there a national punch a teacher in the face day here if not there should be ????

I get that adult abuse of children is NOT OK! I too and angry and relate to teacher abuse (I got beaten severely a few times a week in high school for having trauma related attention problems) but plz don't post stuff about advocating (that's what you are doing) attacking other people no matter how despicable they may be.

18 hours ago, nikmar said:

Agreed. Perversely, the poor kid in the article will most likely have to prostrate himself in front of the very teacher that assaulted him on "wai kru" day.

When the teachers here have brains like balls of Snot what hope do the pupils have. I rest me case your Honour 

• Like 1

This has been noted by many educational experts in and out of Thailand " critical thinking "  This is just another chapter from " This is Thailand  "  the teacher and teacher who taught him or her came from the same system it is monkey see monkey do. 

When I first got here family went on trips driving this was before telephones and GPS,  I took a wrong turn around and around we went I ask lets stop and ask someone silence so around and around some more finally my patience ran out pull over and ask it was that simple!  My problem in school I was a trouble maker I constantly raise my hand asking the same question over and over I picked up a bad habit that lives with me today.  I go to a club ask how much lady say so so price I ask what is the price?????

• Like 1

I wonder where teachers learn this method of discipline?

rhetorical

It's not at university.

They witnessed it as students, or were subject to it.

All these exposés: bullying, hazing, beating, hair-cutting, psychological torture are all features of the thai social contract, meant to instill "respect" for authority. There have been similar exposés for years, and other than some hand wringing, nothing is done.

Without this sort of activity thailand might veer wildly off course towards a more equal society, and that would lead to diminishment of some of the institutions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacknorman said:

And this  https://pattayaone.news/sexual-abuse-of-girl-for-eight-years-teacher-arrested/  thats happen  every day somewhere in Thailand with 1000nds of kids every year, and sometimes, even the schoo; defends them because they are good teachers, and most  times government just transfer them to other schools where they can continue

Let me guess, you heard this in a Pattaya bar? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

"The school was not named as they never are in defamation crazy Thailand."

Here's the other problem; in Thailand spreading unfavorable true information can get you sued for defamation.

Not only in Thailand, also in Germany where I was at school and taught not to ask any question about wartime Germany. 

The student was slapped by the teacher because the teacher did not know the answer? 

And if you try to change this system the teacher will just make up a fact and lie to the student. 

Either way, the student suffers. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The school was not named as they never are in defamation crazy Thailand. 

Sometimes the schools are named. 

Interesting, the mother is from Buriram. Isarn people have little influence often in these issues. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nikmar said:

Exactly, Thailand fails it's children from the very start of their lives, this just highlights the fact.

yes ..sadly i have my 2 young sons in this education system . we've done the best possible regards some private schooling but still c##p sadly don't have the cash for better education..just do our best

13 hours ago, Emdog said:

I was a teacher & one of my main goals was getting students to ask questions. Teachers here hate questions because they have no idea what the answer may be and are insecure in their ignorance.

My job was not to be "the answer man"... I might say "That is a darn good question. I don't know the answer. Hmmm. How can we figure out the answer?" Asking questions and finding answers on your own is what education is about, in large part.

But not here

<deleted> are teachers for?

8 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yes ..sadly i have my 2 young sons in this education system . we've done the best possible regards some private schooling but still c##p sadly don't have the cash for better education..just do our best

same here. im both appalled and fascinated with the general <deleted> that is called an education here. most of my son'

s education has come from his mother and myself. he has gained next to nothing from his school.