Government Confirms Songkran Celebrations to Proceed Next Month

snoop1130

45 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Excuse me if I interrupt the  other topic but would just like to say that  here in my  north east vicinity there  is no excitement brewing about being  able to annoy each other with  inappropriate  dousings of  water. The last couple of years leading to a return of the more  respectful traditions  has  rekindled appeal  for it .

That could be just your interpretation.

I think the youngsters might have another idea - 2 years deprived - they'll be out in force(probably with their parents blessing)  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Enjoy the Phils, Angeles can be nice, Davao is also good as well as Cebu.  Manila not so much. Just my view from having lived there when I decided to take a break from Thailand after my divorce, but after getting mugged twice, well that was it and I moved back and bought my condo here in Silom.

Where did the muggings take place - I would guess Manila? 

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Let her rip and then the whole country will be infected.  How can one party like it is the new year and still maintain health and safety precautions, wear a body suit with a hood and mask.  Bring on Songkran I will be ready

Protective Wear | Butyl aprons, gloves, and nitrile

One hand made for every tourist!!! FREE

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

With a month to go till Songkran, how can the government be so sure of itself? The infection rate could explode in that time, and lets not forget that Putin could destroy the whole world in the coming month

Europe might be toast if they don't get the power back on at Chernobyl. Thailand however wants to rekindle the water tossing wars....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

a couple of points here...the suspended virus particles will drop to the ground faster...social distancing will not apply...if one was to get vaccinated in readiness (as advised), the recipient will not have enough time to generate antibodies...hmm!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Everyones a critic, care to explain your personal experience, if you don't have one well nuff said....

Sure, in no particular order:

- Horrible food

- Terrible annoying accent

- Big gun culture

- Bad typhoon season

- Awful public transport

- Lots of poverty

Only good thing about PI ( IMO ) is it has some amazing beaches, if that's your thing, Palawan and Boracay in particular stick out.