Drinking water delivery - central Pattaya

TimBKK

My first thought is asking the people in the Office / Reception

In our old condo the condo got deliveries from 1 company 2x a week, sorry forgot the name of the company but they came from somewhere near Rayong!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

I get water delivered but they operate mainly on the Darkside, what's your area?

Central,  near Avenue mall.  If you have contact info, I will get in touch to see if they will deliver here.

5 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

Central,  near Avenue mall.  If you have contact info, I will get in touch to see if they will deliver here.

Pattaya Water Tech, IIRC about 30 or 40 per each big bottle.

https://www.facebook.com/น้ำดื่ม-พัทยาวอเตอร์เทค-1641379379521000/

image0 (4).jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MJCM said:

^ Good one.

Don't forget that some companies ask a deposit for a Bottle (I can't recall how much but was something like 50-100 THB per bottle)

Right, it's been so long since I 1st ordered from them I forgot about the bottle deposit, now I just swap out my empties with them.

In my area they deliver only on Thursdays, so I'm assuming they deliver to certain areas on certain days.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimBKK said:

There's a shop on Soi 15 next to a small laundry kiosk and a few steps from Centara Avenue that delivers all kinds of beverages - including water.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, USEpat said:

There's a shop on Soi 15 next to a small laundry kiosk and a few steps from Centara Avenue that delivers all kinds of beverages - including water.

Thanks, but they only sell packets of individual plastic water bottles, not the pre-filled tanks I am looking for.  

!Swan Drinking Water - I think that is the Line ID

Phone numbers printed on the bottles - (so may be out of date especially the first one)

038 111 777

089 053 7888 - this one current as on Line info

After initial deposit 30 baht per 18L jug. Deliver every day except Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Try this place.

You buy the bottles.

Call in the morning for same day service usually.

50 each

The brand is Mountain Spring.

I'm in Jomtien so you'd have to ask if they service Central Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Kind of off topic; but has anyone who uses these bottles that are refilled and brought to you ever had the water tested? I use one of the trucks also and would like to have their water tested, but don't know where to get a test done. I've heard both good and bad with some of these companies. You don't want to take a chance on your health with drinking water. I've been in Thailand long enough to not trust the wording on the bottles, ie, reverse osmosis treated, filtered, ultraviolet. I'm sure some of these companies do all that, just as I'm sure some don't. Buyer beware comes to mind.

I've been buying these prefilled water bottles for years and even though I've had some dysentery problems now and again, I've never once suspected the water was at fault.  If your fear consumes you, so be it, it's not my cup of tea.

15 hours ago, bbko said:

Right, it's been so long since I 1st ordered from them I forgot about the bottle deposit, now I just swap out my empties with them.

In my area they deliver only on Thursdays, so I'm assuming they deliver to certain areas on certain days.

I am well out of town in a house, and pay 50b a bottle. Didn't think they would deliver in condos to up there apartments..... my guy looks <deleted> off by the walk from his pickup to where I store them. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Buyer beware comes to mind.

Reminded me that I changed supplier about 6 years ago as the then girlfriend saw the guys who were delivering transferring from the white/creamy jugs into the blue ones at another stop in the village as presumably they were short for our delivery.

Sometimes you can pull those blue seals off without tearing them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Thanks, but they only sell packets of individual plastic water bottles, not the pre-filled tanks I am looking for.  

Didn't know that.  I thought I'd seen the big bottles on their delivery bikes..............

9 hours ago, ross163103 said:

My fear doesn't consume me; a clean cup of tea is what I'm looking for without getting dysentery in the process.

For a very good tea or coffee or pure drinking I would also use only good water. Filtered and irradiated water tastes not so good - for pure drinking unacceptable. So for this application we use Mont Fleur from the supermarket only.

Then there is a lower grade water which we use for some standard tea/coffee/cooking - from the supermarket Singha Brand or alike - medium sized bottle at THB 35.-- 

At the bottom end is the water that is discussed here for cleaning vegetables etc. and some cooking, like for spaghetti etc. Our condo house sells the big bottles for 1 THB per liter.

You also need to check if the "deposit" for the 18/20 litre bottles is refunded, or not, when you cancel the service (my current company is a non-refunded B200 per bottle).

Getting a regular delivery to my South Pattaya room has been a battle for years for me ... tainted water (an obivious greenish tinge), failed deliveries (needing 3 or 4 follow-up calls per delivery).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Stopped buying the big expensive bottles that they deliver a few years back, we had several bottles over several weeks that smelled and tasted of petrol.  When we checked the bottling plant where they filled them up they were not cleaning them out properly and simply re filling them up with new water.

Now we only buy the big bottles from Makro four of those can last a week and they deliver as well 

Do you recall the name of the company that you stopped using?  

Hadn’t considered Makro, not a bad idea.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, law ling said:

You also need to check if the "deposit" for the 18/20 litre bottles is refunded, or not, when you cancel the service (my current company is a non-refunded B200 per bottle).

Getting a regular delivery to my South Pattaya room has been a battle for years for me ... tainted water (an obivious greenish tinge), failed deliveries (needing 3 or 4 follow-up calls per delivery).

Good call, a non-refundable deposit is ridiculous.  Delivery issues are exactly why I am looking for a new company - I had been using CH Tech but half the time they just wouldn’t show up.

The company I use Mountain Spring has had a delivery reliability rate of over 90 percent.

It was originally another company that had refundable bottles but when I ordered extra bottles was told they only sell them.

Personally this isn't a big issue for me either way.

I wonder if changing companies whether they would accept the other campany's bottles.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 4:48 PM, ross163103 said:

Kind of off topic; but has anyone who uses these bottles that are refilled and brought to you ever had the water tested? I use one of the trucks also and would like to have their water tested, but don't know where to get a test done.

A mate has a tester he bought off Lazada or somewhere similar that measures dissolved solids or suspended solids I think.  There are several RO water dispensers near us and he would move to another one if the readings were getting too high.  You could do the same with your supplied water.

• Like 1