Foreign tourist allegedly attacked by security guards after bill dispute in Central Pattaya

webfact

19 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The article does not suggest that at all, it just says he refused to pay his bill.... you are projecting....

Having spent plenty of time in bars in and around Pattaya I have yet to see security guards simply up and beat someone up for no reason. Pattaya attracts the absolute dregs of society- Irish, St.Patricks day, Tree Town beer complex- yeah sure he was polite and rational in his dispute of a bill, or he could of just been a tight ass and tried to run off without paying.

Security guards, notice the plural, should not be attacking one person even if that person is in the wrong. If they were incapable of restraining or holding him, then they should not be working as security guards, as they are incapable of doing their jobs properly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bbko said:

Is there stories of Thais adding drinks on to some drunk's bin? Yes

Is there stories of a falang trying to do a runner? Yes

Is there stories of aggressive drunk farangs acting like total twits? Yes

Is there stories of security guards going over the top? Yes

Is there stories of security guards dealing with drunk ass bites? Yes

Are there stories.  For plural.  English not your strong suit. 

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

As a non drinker, non monger, a person who never goes into bars, I do walk all over the main parts of Pattaya and Bangkok.

I would walk down Walking Street and notice that almost all the bars had security guards at the door, then I would walk down Soi 6 and see almost no security guards at the doors of the bars.

If I was a drinker or monger, I know which bars I would go into and which ones to avoid.

Right never walk through that miserable gauntlet 

19 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Come on now what Irish man is sober st Patrick's 

We can assume 99% he was not. We're the security gaurds drunk? We can assume 100 % no! 

The main thing here is security guards, plural.

The boys down at the Tourism Authority will be more than glad to hear this. The Irish bloke fell,  accidentally, and must have been on blood thinners to bleed like hell.  

Luckily Thailand's safety is guaranteed by all those experienced and well trained security guards in their beautiful uniforms and whistles - never a dull moment! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

In uniform crazy Thailand, even civil servants wear them, it just an excuse for uneducated, untrained thugs to look the part.

They are not their to provide security, in fact they are a menace and cause more problems than they alleviate because they believe the 'uniform' gives them authority. Utter nonsense.

I think you have a point here.

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

Are there stories.  For plural.  English not your strong suit. 

Thank you so much for pointing this out,you Sir are the new hero of society!

Oops,did i see a booboo in your response?

On 3/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, possum1931 said:

Security guards, notice the plural, should not be attacking one person even if that person is in the wrong. If they were incapable of restraining or holding him, then they should not be working as security guards, as they are incapable of doing their jobs properly.

There security guards in a lady bar in Pattaya... not Monte Carlo.... what the hell do you expect?

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, possum1931 said:

The main thing here is security guards, plural.

Why is that the main thing? Its not queensbury rules its drunk yobs who get punchy. Its nothing about fair fight its about taking care of the situation whether its one or 10 people. If you dont want a thick lip dont act the <deleted>.

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

There security guards in a lady bar in Pattaya... not Monte Carlo.... what the hell do you expect?

What do you think I expect? I would expect to see them doing their jobs properly and not violently attacking people who may have had too much to drink and would be incapable of defending themselves.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Why is that the main thing? Its not queensbury rules its drunk yobs who get punchy. Its nothing about fair fight its about taking care of the situation whether its one or 10 people. If you dont want a thick lip dont act the <deleted>.

"yobs"?? I thought it was only one Irish guy who the security guards said "fell" to the ground. There was an independent witness who told of what happened and would have no reason to lie. Even the police did not believe the security guards version of things. This is my final say.

21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"yobs"?? I thought it was only one Irish guy who the security guards said "fell" to the ground. There was an independent witness who told of what happened and would have no reason to lie. Even the police did not believe the security guards version of things. This is my final say.

Good. Don't feed the Troll. He admitted as much earlier. 

Now it is clear that the security guard punched a customer in the face. The apologists have either gone quiet or have moved into full racist insult mode. Quality.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Ok can you repeat what this witness said happened before the cows come home

That is going to take a bit of time, check the news about the incident here on TV/AN.

The witness is a poster here.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, Taboo2 said:

Check your bin and confirm your price after each purchase.  This will save a lot of issues.  Now, if you accidentally walked off without paying, apologize and give them an extra 50 baht! 

No issues.

Too complicated.  Just don't drink at a bar that will not allow you to pay for each round of drinks as you receive them.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

That is going to take a bit of time, check the news about the incident here on TV/AN.

The witness is a poster here.

This is the 'witness' poster who suddenly decided they were there in person after arguing for 4 pages and never mentioning it?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Too complicated.  Just don't drink at a bar that will not allow you to pay for each round of drinks as you receive them.

I have for as long as I can remember.  Always pay as drink is delivered 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Adumbration said:

That really is just a pain..... it also ties up the staff, and makes tipping difficult. I had hoped with the POS systems that are commonplace, the padding on the old handwritten tabs would be a thing of the past... but the locals are 'creative'.....

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That really is just a pain..... it also ties up the staff, and makes tipping difficult. I had hoped with the POS systems that are commonplace, the padding on the old handwritten tabs would be a thing of the past... but the locals are 'creative'.....

It is not as painful as having your head kicked in.  You should never tip on your bill either.  It will be taken by the bar owner in most instances.  If you like the service from an individual hand her the money directly.