Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

webfact

I wouldn't even go if they paid me 25k. soccer is sooooooo boring.

but webfact comes across as a little jealous in this article. I think he needs to work on not sounding so bitter and twisted, it's getting old pretty quickly

I doubt I'd pay 2,500 Baht, let alone 25,000.

It will be a friendly, with loads of substitutions and squad players jogging around in incredibly heat and supporters no doubt will have to wear masks throughout. 

The atmosphere will be nothing like a Premier league game. It wouldn't surprise me if cheering was banned. The stadium looks poorly maintained as well. 

I'll wait until I'm back in the UK and watch a real game thanks.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

But it is insane to think that the organisers really believe that fans will pay up to THB25,000 for a ticket to watch these pampered millionaires prance around the Rajamangala National Stadium in the sweltering heat of the summer.

The elite will splash-out to be "seen" everyday folk have better things to spend their money on.

I used to enjoy going to NBA games, and occasional concerts. But, I did not pay silly money to do so. I rarely do it anymore, due to the crowds, the parking hassles, and the cost. I would not pay more than $100 to see anyone do, play, or perform anything, these days. I just do not get the kind of money people fork over for these events. To each his own, I guess. But, count me out. 

• Like 1

There was a male to female trans athlete competing in women's swimming competition the other day and I hope more of them will take over this useless sport as well that literally anyone can do. So there will be no need to pay 25k just to watch the famous players that make millions a year who in the end get busted with booze and hoes in their hotel rooms. 

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be money well wasted when they trot out a youth and reserve team.

Maybe the media should have more knowledge of the game and know only one team cam play in red.

They never said the two of them were playing in red. They said the red war ,Liverpool the reds and united the red devils. So nothing wrong with what they said.. Maybe it's u who should half more knowledge of the game. ????peace. 

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be money well wasted when they trot out a youth and reserve team.

Maybe the media should have more knowledge of the game and know only one team cam play in red.

Perhaps you should have more knowledge of the game and Thai fanaticism for these 2 teams. Thais ALWAYS call matches between Liverpool and Man U the Red War. 

That being said I wouldn't even consider the 5,000 THB price for tickets and neither are the Thais I know who support either team. Ridiculously overpriced.

Edited by TigerandDog

7 hours ago, itsari said:

NEVER

NEVER - NEVER - NEVER

MAINLY BECAUSE IT'S THESE THAI's  THINKING THEY CAN GET THAT  MUCH!

I love football, but there is a limit to what you should spend on overpriced athletes from any country!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

As an Arsenal and Wrexham fan, I would not pay a single satang to watch these two entitled, whining teams play hop-scotch against each other.

Tommy TWO teams folk need not apply - Bet you would love the opportunity to see either of your TWO teams play in another continent.

• Sad 1

I was a lifelong Liverpool supporter, but since they've been taking the knee to the marxist BLM, I wouldn't pay 25 satang to watch them. Same goes for Utd.

I don't care if anyone disagrees with me, I stand by my principles. I am by the way a supporter of "Kick it Out", football's anti-racism movement.

• Thanks 1

For comparison I was in Los Angeles and looked at Super Bowl tickets.  The cheapest seats were going for over $1,000 (over 33,000 Baht) and parking was even a bigger ripoff at only $400.  This is the growing trend for live major sporting events.  The average guy or girl can no longer afford it.  

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Liverpool are my team. However, this season I've quite often heard Herr Klopp, our manager, bemoaning the amount of games they have to play in a short space of time ('fixture-congestion'). Next thing, they're gonna fly 6,000 miles to play in a totally pointless game, well before the end of the season.

The season ends in May.

Edited by Bluespunk