Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

webfact

Who are these people that can afford to pay the prices quoted

I was under the impression people could not afford to spend  this sort of money more were concerned with putting food on the table and paying bills

And don't tell me supporters will be flying in to watch the game from the  UK  

3 minutes ago, shackleton said:

And don't tell me supporters will be flying in to watch the game from the  UK  

I think you will find many United fans flying in for the match from the UK, then onto Australia as United plan to play Crystal Palace there after this match.

Plenty of fans over the years book these Summer Tour packages.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, alien365 said:

You seriously wouldn't go if they paid you 25k? 25k for 2hours watching paint dry is easy money. 

90 mins + 30 mins break + 2 x 1 hour in and out = half a day (excl. transport and accommodation and tax).

Such big discounts are offered only for topics I have a great interest in, rubbish comes at a premium though.

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Whats the area around the stadium like in terms of bars & hotels ??

There are a limited number of hotels around there. The one I stayed at when I went to a concert there doesn't seem to be on the booking sites any more. Plenty of cafe/restaurants to get a beer but I don't remember seeing any actual bars.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

I would hazard a guess that most tickets will be of a  Corporate nature. This will ensure a TAT barrage of success stories.

Somchai, Lek and the 3 kids wont be rocking up upon the sidecar.

Lucky Bones also a non-starter.

Truly delusional.

Depending on the Covid situation it might attract the interest of guys in the UAE, Saudi etc looking to escape the July heat at home to spend even just a few days here. I doubt the target audience is the old dears on this message board sitting in their bedsits whining about everything.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DezLez said:

I would not pay 25Baht to watch a bunch of overpaid Prima Donnas prancing around on a football pitch especially in the height of summer in BKK.

Overpaid? The average premier league player receives a mere 2.6m baht a week with the top ones having to scrape by on just 16.5m baht weekly (that's 858m baht a year). I think we need to start a gofundme page to help these poor creatures out....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing I'd rather NOT be doing than paying 114 quid to sit in a (likely to be) half empty stadium watching a bunch of millionaire playboys and sex pests kick a ball around for 90 minutes.

As for someone's suggestion the players play for free and the ticket money go to help Ukraine, sounds good but impractical. For a kick off, the players won't do jack s for free when they can call in sick on full pay of 150k a week. Then there's the "cut" for the organisers and all the brown envelope brigade. The Ukrainians would be lucky if there's enough left for a Morphy Richards kettle and a packet of cup-a-soups. Nah let them charge the exhorbitant ticket fees, give the players their cut of the gate money but withold 1 weeks pay from them when they get back to the UK. That should raise enough money to Charter BA to fly every woman and child out of Ukraine and have enough left over for a few AK's for the men left behind.

• Like 2

I did go and watch a football match in that stadium before with a 4 PM kickoff.

The problem was that you didn't get allocated a seat and so you had to sit in your seat to "reserve" the seat a few hours before the game , otherwise you would get a seat high up at the back of the stadium .

The seats were directly facing the sun  , so you would have to sit in 40 degrees direct sunlight for two hours waiting for the game to start  .

Football fans had paid 1000 Baht to see their team and looked very uncomfortable sitting in direct sunlight for hours 

• Like 1

As a staunch Manchester United fan to see them play against our arch rivals Liverpool in Thailand - I would definitely pay 25k, as long as they both had their first teams playing.

I am probably going against the flow of this thread saying that - but the increased entrance fees probably covers their travel, fees (possible quarantine) and any beautiful Thai lady that crosses the teams paths ????

Yes I would pay that!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

I am probably going against the flow of this thread saying that 

Most of the people waffling <deleted> on this thread are either non supporters of either team, septic tanks or people who have never been to a football match in their lives.

IMO, this match will be a sell out either way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Most of the people waffling <deleted> on this thread are either non supporters of either team, septic tanks or people who have never been to a football match in their lives.

IMO, this match will be a sell out either way.

Its 90 minutes of pathetic B grade acting by over paid <deleted>.

whats not to like !