Dancing with the Russian devil ? No !

The only chance we may have at peace is these terrible overtly rich people pressurising the despicable person.

Even the west does not want the sanctions to continue. All will be forgiven. 

Pains me to say it but lasting action or pressure is not on the cards IMHO.

The west and the IMF and world bank will pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine. Not fair I know but I think thats how it play out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I would say she is right UK let Russian money into UK in the first place.

Once the war is stopped it would be financially better for all living UK to benefit from resuming relationships.

The war isn't nearly over.

It may last years.

We don't know what kinds of weapons a cornered Putin will use.

It's incredibly premature to talk about instantly lifting anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The war isn't nearly over.

It may last years.

We don't know what kinds of weapons a cornered Putin will use.

It's incredibly premature to talk about instantly lifting anything.

Maybe the lady was listening to Ukraine President where he appears to thinking about giving Russia some demands to end the war. 

I think your right though the demands will be put to a referendum of Ukraine people and they will probably want to give Russia nowt.  

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I would say she is right UK let Russian money into UK in the first place.

Once the war is stopped it would be financially better for all living UK to benefit from resuming relationships.

Apart from the clear indications of Russian money being used to set policies that are not in interest of the British public.

The UK had a heads up on what Russian influence in the UK was bringing when Jill Dando was murdered on her doorstep.

As the heading at the top of this thread says, ‘Dancing with the Russian Devil’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Apart from the clear indications of Russian money being used to set policies that are not in interest of the British public.

The UK had a heads up on what Russian influence in the UK was bringing when Jill Dando was murdered on her doorstep.

As the heading at the top of this thread says, ‘Dancing with the Russian Devil’.

Although Russia had nothing to do with Dandos murder , there had been some speculation that Kosovans /Serbian's were involved, they they were just on a long list of possible perpetrator's and nothing was proven , but Russians were not on that list 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although Russia had nothing to do with Dandos murder , there had been some speculation that Kosovans /Serbian's were involved, they they were just on a long list of possible perpetrator's and nothing was proven , but Russians were not on that list 

And the novichok murders in Salisbury?

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know how true it is today, but I remember several years ago, I was talking with a Russian tourist and he told me he has to change his Rubles into US dollars before traveling overseas.

Seems the USD is the best/stable commodity out there.

8 hours ago, bbko said:

I don't know how true it is today, but I remember several years ago, I was talking with a Russian tourist and he told me he has to change his Rubles into US dollars before traveling overseas.

Seems the USD is the best/stable commodity out there.

Well Rubles accounts are being sort after in Switzerland by energy companies.

• 1 month later...