TikTok video of kid getting "one soup dinner for five" goes viral

webfact

of corse there would have been a little scripting...the kid would not have known what to say. just a bit of extra to get the clip out into the public and get attention.

just the same as all the redcross and unicef advertising.

it got people talking and thinking didnt it!!!!

now do your part in your village....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Fair sentiment, but reasons for such shame are plentiful and they just carry on. I made a similar comment wrt Pattaya's pavements. We get platitudes and sometimes reactive effort when issues get highlighted. 

They know no shame......

Never mind, Anutin has a fix in place.

If they can stay alive until June they can start growing some medicinal herbs to help them gain riches.

its look fake to me ,, why the man filmed her, and madam ask her this ?

Them know her, she a regulair costumer , knowing she order for 5 people?

No, she ( 8 year kid ) not be wealthy but this clip looks to me staged .. 

9 minutes ago, geisha said:

Maybe not, but she represents the millions of Thais who don’t get to eat their daily quota. Shame on the prime Minister, and every official who works for the Thai government.  No doubt their daughters and wives are queuing up in Central Embassy to buy the latest Gucci or Prada . 

You might be in the camp of "it's OK to lie in the press about something if it happens at other times or if it means it causes something good to happen", but I am not.

Don't lie in the press and social media to try and get the outcome you believe to be the right one.  It is a very, very bad precedent as many people think that their side is the "right one".  Present facts and let people decide what to think.

One has to be in a real sorry state in Thailand to be without noodles enough for five. Don't they have any family or friends to help in this rather easy to satisfy way?

Why did the Noodle Seller feel the need to ask who the bag of noodles was for?  Only to receive an answer by the child that somehow seemed to attract more attention than the Mother who would otherwise have been buying the noodles herself.

it does look like a set up for sympathy and help - and that worked!!

If I am wrong about this then I am sorry, and someone high above should be taking notice!

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Maybe not, but she represents the millions of Thais who don’t get to eat their daily quota. Shame on the prime Minister, and every official who works for the Thai government.  No doubt their daughters and wives are queuing up in Central Embassy to buy the latest Gucci or Prada . 

Nah, not a chance, their minions will be doing the queuing for them.

Life lesson! 
After cleaning and fixing my house, my brother called me saying: "My wife and I are coming to visit you." 
I went to the kitchen to prepare something for them, but I had nothing to serve; after searching a lot, all I could get was a few oranges, so I made two glasses of cold juice. 
When my brother and his wife arrived, I was surprised to see his mother-in-law with them, she was visiting me for the first time. So I served the two glasses of juice to his wife and his mother and I placed a glass of water in front of my brother saying, "I know you like Sprite". 
He realized it was water and drank it. 
Suddenly his mother-in-law said, "I want to drink Sprite... will you please give me some?" 
I was there embarrassed, but my brother saved me by telling her: “I'll bring you a clean glass from the kitchen!”
After a while, we heard the sound of glass breaking in the kitchen, he came back and said to his mother-in-law: "I'm sorry, it fell from my hands and broke, but no problem, I'm going to buy another one."
His mother-in-law refused: "no, it's not necessary!" 
Finally, when they left, my brother greeted me, put some money in my hand, and said: “don't forget to clean the Sprite that fell in the kitchen so that the ants don't come!”
And we said goodbye with a smile full of love... 
When you are in a more favorable position, use it to lift other people, burying the other won't make you any better!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, farangroby said:

Life lesson! 
After cleaning and fixing my house, my brother called me saying: "My wife and I are coming to visit you." 
I went to the kitchen to prepare something for them, but I had nothing to serve; after searching a lot, all I could get was a few oranges, so I made two glasses of cold juice. 
When my brother and his wife arrived, I was surprised to see his mother-in-law with them, she was visiting me for the first time. So I served the two glasses of juice to his wife and his mother and I placed a glass of water in front of my brother saying, "I know you like Sprite". 
He realized it was water and drank it. 
Suddenly his mother-in-law said, "I want to drink Sprite... will you please give me some?" 
I was there embarrassed, but my brother saved me by telling her: “I'll bring you a clean glass from the kitchen!”
After a while, we heard the sound of glass breaking in the kitchen, he came back and said to his mother-in-law: "I'm sorry, it fell from my hands and broke, but no problem, I'm going to buy another one."
His mother-in-law refused: "no, it's not necessary!" 
Finally, when they left, my brother greeted me, put some money in my hand, and said: “don't forget to clean the Sprite that fell in the kitchen so that the ants don't come!”
And we said goodbye with a smile full of love... 
When you are in a more favorable position, use it to lift other people, burying the other won't make you any better!

Are you telling me you, presumably a foreigner, couldn't afford to buy a couple of drinks and some snacks for your family visiting? And "cleaning and fixing your house"? That just sounds weird.

I don't understand how you could have found yourself in this position. Unless it's some sort of bullsh*t parable-esque story. ????

Did you copy this from a facebook post? Are you continuing the trend of made up stories?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

As sad as it is, the clip does look rather rehearsed.

????

Why do you say that?

Haven't you been filmed before to walk into a restaurant and being asked who going to eat the food you buying? ????

The 5 million TikTok views should buy some extra necessities, surely.

For someone.

Next thing we know, concerned netizens will shower this one child in gifts amounting to millions of baht combined, while remaining oblivious to other poor people right in front of their nose or inequality / poverty in their beloved country in general. 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Next thing we know, concerned netizens will shower this one child in gifts amounting to millions of baht combined, while remaining oblivious to other poor people right in front of their nose or inequality / poverty in their beloved country in general. 

Worse than that, there will be a video of a mangy puppy and somebody will start a go fund me campaign for it while thousands of kids starve.

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It does indeed.  Especially filming before she even asks for the soup.  She also doesn't look particularly dishevelled to me, nor all that malnourished.

I have no doubt that there are many poor people struggling in Thailand right now, but this girls doesn't look like she is sharing one bag of noodle soup between five at each meal.

Spot in mate that little girl looks like pretty much every kid in every village in Thailand. And it was obviously a set up. Hows the noodle lady out the front waiting with her hands behind her back like the fat cook out of oliver.

Moooooore? You want more?

Edited by starky

15 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

????

But possibly/probably this kind of thing does happen. I remember years ago (in my "hippie" days) a portion of fried rice from the local "C....y" along with a few spuds "nicked' from a local field kept us from starving to death! A delicacy was a few chicken drumsticks and sarnies that our girlfriends had nicked from a local dinner/dance or party! 

21 hours ago, starky said:

Spot in mate that little girl looks like pretty much every kid in every village in Thailand. And it was obviously a set up. Hows the noodle lady out the front waiting with her hands behind her back like the fat cook out of oliver.

Moooooore? You want more?

I think some of you are all a bit dim ! Don’t you realize that this was done to show the plight of poor Thai families that literally have a bowl of soup or noodles a day ? Or are you blind ? Seeing only what you want to see about the land you’re living in, or are you ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, geisha said:

I think some of you are all a bit dim ! Don’t you realize that this was done to show the plight of poor Thai families that literally have a bowl of soup or noodles a day ? Or are you blind ? Seeing only what you want to see about the land you’re living in, or are you ?

Lighten up champ, are you going out today to give food and alms to the poor or just berate people? You got a sense of humour bout as good as will Smith. It's a developing nation mate millions starving like all the other developing nations don't need tick tock or whatever the <deleted> it's called to tell me that or did you just realise today? What are you going to do for all the families living on a bowl of noodles a day hero?

Edited by starky
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 5:01 AM, RJRS1301 said:

However this is Thailand on a SE Asean forum, 

However, the point i'm making is it's not unique to Thailand and there is certainly much worse places to be poor and homeless.

Is that ok with you?

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:05 AM, CelticBhoy said:

????

More likely re-enacted. One bloke is responsible and he’s happily sitting in palatial hog’s heaven sipping pina coladas in his beautiful silk blouse. 

On 4/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, david_dyer said:

of corse there would have been a little scripting...the kid would not have known what to say.

Should have been scripted not to have conversations with strangers.....