Torrential rain all night ........

BritManToo

Been here (Phuket) 14 years now, with the norm being no rainfall at all January through to the end of April.   Not this year, quite frequent heavy rain February, March and now April, so not only Chiang Mai getting something out of the ordinary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slept right through it ..... Vaguely remember hearing some loud boomers....

Got up & saw we got a good drenching.....

Asked the wife - she slept right through until 8:00 (usually an early riser) & she didn't hear anything either....

San PaTong area....

Update:

Just started a hard rain since I started this comment....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many years I've been here (Chiang Mai, not Tralfamadore), it has rained the lqast day of Songkran.

That's the way it's supposed to work: the rain-making Phayanaak (Nagas)

lolling in the outermist ocean surrounding the seven concentric reefs around Tavatimsa Heaven, ...well ... they get lazy ... so the sympathetic magick of water-throwing at Songkran gives them a metaphysical nudge to get on the job.

But, the current deluge ?  Young Naga jumps the gun ? Climate change ? 

who cares ?

~o:37;

Rained pretty hard on the west end with some minor street flooding.  Nice and cool out, like December as one poster mentioned.

But the shocker to me is the air quality (maybe never saw it this low in CM but definitely not in April).....

April 2, 2022.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:09 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Thunderous storms are great for beer drinking, love it. Rayong province has been getting some good rain and thunder (buddha talking) 

( buddha talikng ).    My mother used to say it was God moving his furniture about ! How scary is that when you are 20 years old ?

On 4/2/2022 at 11:09 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Thunderous storms are great for beer drinking, love it. Rayong province has been getting some good rain and thunder (buddha talking) 

Thanks for the memory.....

When I lived in the Sierras, storms used to roll through.....Rain, thunder/lightning, & snow storms......

I had a small extended out front porch with 4ft walls/open upper half..... Just enough room to keep it toasty while stoking up the Weber bbq with a couple of chairs and a couple of cold ones, cooking & watching while the fury of the storms raged around me creating great theatrics and an unmatched symphony.....

Loved it there - until the divorce swept it all away.....

• 3 months later...

Anyway I do remember about 3 years ago in Pattaya our lake/ resovior dried up so the big rain was welcome. About 4 nights ago we had heavy rain that dragged in till  the next day. I love it but don't have  to deal with it.

Edited by The Hammer2021

This is the craziest weather the Earth has ever seen, and we have witnessed it!!!  It has never been crazier, and never will be crazier!!!  I've been here 11,000 years and we are seeing history, nobody has seen what we have seen!!  We are special humans!!!  Write books about this!!!  Of course, it's nothing like the Thailand floods 11 and 30 years ago, and basically nothing compared to a zillion other places on Earth, but forget about history!! They didn't have chat rooms and threads.   OMG, I see clouds forming!!!  Not again!!!