Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls

webfact

Gosh, bar owners having to actually  run proper, above board bars instead of brothels', how totally terrible for them.  I am agog with indifference to their problems. Frankly the world, and especially Pattaya, would be a much more attractive place if they all went bust. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I don’t mind helping with the interviews and training. 

I actually found myself asked quite recently to help with training. Two groups of girls who just arrived from the villages and two seasoned professionals who used me as the demonstration object. Fun. And weird. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How do you know that they are all "dying to get back to Pattaya bars " ?

Mostly Bangkok bars.

More money.

Do you think there all dying to work backbreaking work in the rice fields?

Believe what you want.

7 hours ago, bojo said:

Watching some of the youtubers recently walking and cycling round Pattaya at night and there seem to be plenty of girls.....................is there really a shortage?

still thousands of girls pattaya jomtien  Just how many can you handle..how many do you need.....more than enough skirt for everyone

2 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Gosh, bar owners having to actually  run proper, above board bars instead of brothels', how totally terrible for them.  I am agog with indifference to their problems. Frankly the world, and especially Pattaya, would be a much more attractive place if they all went bust. 

Bars without the girls? Why would I ever go there?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, androokery said:

I actually found myself asked quite recently to help with training. Two groups of girls who just arrived from the villages and two seasoned professionals who used me as the demonstration object. Fun. And weird. 

So dreams do, sometimes, come true....I live in hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FarangFB said:
25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's so "smart" about making "60 to 10000 baht per month"?

Try being on your early 20s with only a basic education from some school in the middle of nowhere and no qualification to do almost anything. On top of everything be lazy too and refuse to work more than 2-3h a day. 

If this isn't called working smart I don't know what the word is.

You really think that "working smart" is earning "B60 to 10000" [sic] (sixty to ten thousand - read his comment) a month?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This may be the final nail in the coffin of Pattayas sex industry  

I'd say Thailand's, and frankly it looks like the Thai authorities had been waiting for Covid to do a long overdue cleanup. No one had the guts to wean the country off the sex money, but Covid did the job.

That's for the supply side, we have to see the impact of the next few years of runaway inflation to assess what's happening to the demand.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I'd say Thailand's, and frankly it looks like the Thai authorities had been waiting for Covid to do a long overdue cleanup. No one had the guts to wean the country off the sex money, but Covid did the job.

and good on them. 

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, androokery said:

It actually makes my skin crawl to read <deleted> like that. 

• Haha 2

Probably 7 years ago a old friend said that many girls got men on the internet/chat etc, rather than in bars or walking the streets. He's a very wealthy guy who used to have girls a couple of times a day, so he was 'experienced' in such things.

The girls are still plying their trade.  More so than ever due to the lack of alternative work. 

The real issue is that beer bars and go gos are an obsolete business model.

They are akin to buggy whip factories.

The girls have already adapted into online business.

The fat stupid old dinosaurs that own and rent bar and go go properties in Pattaya, Phuket and other tourist centers have yet to have the penny drop.

Edited by Adumbration

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You really think that "working smart" is earning "B60 to 10000" [sic] (sixty to ten thousand - read his comment) a month?

I'm almost sure he meant 60-100,000 but forgot the last zero. (see he put a coma like this 100,00)

1 hour ago, aussienam said:

Pattaya over the last few months has definitely seen a significant increase in women returning to the bars.  

A lot of women admittedly appear to have acquired a few pounds (sitting at home during COVID lockdowns for 2 years does that). 

It won't be too long before restrictions are removed, and the hordes of cuckold 'white knight' tourists will return to become one of the multiple sponsors for many ladies.  The 'dumb money' will start pouring out of wallets and bank accounts with new horror stories of being fleeced LOL. 

I can't wait ????

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Now that there [it] seems that Omicron[,] although very contagious, is not so [as] life-threatening as previous viruses, the regulations are slowly being relaxed and tourists are starting to return in small numbers.

In Pattaya[,] which has perhaps had the toughest restrictions the entertainment industry has [faced, has] had two years of closures, limited trading hours, and hardly any income.

[I] Speak [spoke] to one go go bar owner who had just spent the downtime refurbishing their [his] bar, I asked if the customers were coming back and spending.

Apparently[,] when many girls had returned during a previous lull in Covid regulations last year, [some/they] had rented rooms and paid deposits only to find everything was forced to close again.

They can make more money in 24 hours through men taking [out] paid for subscriptions than they could make dancing in a go-go bar for a month.

So, trying to recruit girls to take a job with now [no] guaranteed income down in Pattaya when the sex tourists are thin on the ground has lost its appeal [become more difficult].

Proof-reading is always worth doing before hitting the "publish" button.

Edited by BangkokReady
Forgot to proof-read! XD
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

The fat stupid old dinosaurs that own and rent bar and go go properties in Pattaya, Phuket and other tourist centers have yet to have the penny drop.

No.5 Orange is still open in Vancouver, which one might describe as a mature market.

So there is still room in Thai tourist centres for go go bars. maybe not as many but...

2 hours ago, rumeaug said:

So what's up with the "indian men" thing?

Most Indian males are quite ugly in the eyes of Thai girls, many have large pot bellies and almost always a strong body odour follows them. Indian culture is male dominated and patriarchal, often they don't know how to properly treat girls. They can be cheap charlies and it is well known for them to share their drinks and girls, often seen negotiating to take a single girl between 4 or 5 men. Thai girls are many things, but they are not stupid and they see all this.