Banged up in paradise: how our dream holiday to Thailand ended before it began

webfact

46 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I wonder if the husband was pressured by the Dr to leave?

I can see a Thai Dr being kind of blunt and stressed out, add in the language barrier, and the husband getting frustrated and just giving up. Sounds like they won't be returning anytime soon ????‍♂️

Really !!!

Fast-forward 24 hours and I was banged up in central Bangkok’s Maduzi hotel: a designated hotel-turned-hospital for the remaining nine nights. Meanwhile, my shell-shocked, still-negative husband was en-route home. Faced with a minimum week’s isolation, or a further ten days if he tested positive during that time, he took the doctor’s advice to escape while he could. He left with my blessing, but the realisation that I was alone with Covid was mildly terrifying.

3 hours ago, Capella said:

You don't have to be triple vaccinated. 

Some countries and occupations. Including mine require you to have had a third shot/booster whatever you want to call it. So its a mandate without being mandated.

Im goinf back to work next month in Oz i can fly into Sydney double vaxxed no problem but to travel to WA and work i need to have had a third shot. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yet they can afford to have regular holidays to Thailand using the more expensive hotels.

I don’t see anywhere the “regular holidays” nor that they took the apocryphal regular holidays in the more expensive hotels.

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

NHS wages must have gone up a lot in the past few years since I left the UK.

When I first started coming to Thailand from the U.K. I was in a job that payed less than the NHS but still managed to fly here 2~3 times a year every year for between 3 ~ 12 weeks each trip, (the joys of shift swaps and a 8 in 16 day working pattern). 
I stayed in the cheaper places as I had more time here, but had I had short holidays the higher priced hotels would have been easy in my budget.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1