COVID-19: Thailand reports 129 deaths, 21,931 new coronavirus cases, 24,691 recoveries

webfact

COV21.jpg

Thailand on Thursday (April 21) reported 21,931 new COVID-19 cases, 24,619 recoveries and 129 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 4,106,230 with 27,392 deaths.

The news comes as the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is planning to consider school reopenings and international arrival measures easing after the number of daily infections after the Songkran long holiday so far remains stable.

Government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana told the Associated Press today, April 20th, that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha would chair the next CCSA meeting this Friday, April 22nd, to monitor the assessment of the Covid-19 pandemic situation in the country during the past Songkran festival, which took place last week and celebrated the Thai New Year, when millions of Thais returned home to spend time with their families and friends.**

**The Pattaya News contributed to this report

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update21APR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

PCR test positive cases, total of 21,931 official new infections. 129 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests positive cases, 20,926 bringing the total of PCR and ATK results to 42,857

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

OWD rolling 7 day average, cases and deaths up to 19th April

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

image.png.ce3ce6027912b74aefc668c05e73bd9d.png

image.png.76597c7193ec310c5dbcc721585b2ef4.png

image.png.07356659ef04b74c13b68674d4fbab22.png

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

PCR test positive cases, total of 21,931 official new infections. 129 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests positive cases, 20,926 bringing the total of PCR and ATK results to 42,857

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

OWD rolling 7 day average, cases and deaths up to 19th April

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

image.png.ce3ce6027912b74aefc668c05e73bd9d.png

image.png.76597c7193ec310c5dbcc721585b2ef4.png

image.png.07356659ef04b74c13b68674d4fbab22.png

The last part of the graph above is pretty damning evidence that testing is truly not being done to any level which in itself would show a true curve.

Here where we have been in the south, Krabi Area, we have not observed one foreigner wearing a mask.  M9st are true tourists and they are enjoying themselves.

• Like 2

Phuket marks 157 new COVID cases, no new deaths

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 157 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Apr 20), bringing the total number of infections recorded since Jan 1 to 50,799.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-157-new-covid-cases-no-new-deaths-83878.php

Image: PPHO

• Like 1

Thailand: Half population acquires immunity against SARS-CoV-2

About half the population of Thailand has now acquired immunity against COVID-19 but this remains well short of the government's 80 percent target, according to the country’s Department of Disease Control (DoDC).

https://vir.com.vn/thailand-half-population-acquires-immunity-against-sars-cov-2-92892

Thailand has finally come out to accept the vaccines donated by India.

The country is going to accept 200,000 doses of Covovax from India today.

The move to accept 200,000 doses of the Indian made vaccine comes after Thailand had ‘not responded’ to 2-million doses of Indian made AstraZeneca vaccine in December of 2020 (before the outbreak of the Delta variant in early 2021).

The Ministry of Public Health has come out to say that Covovax would be administered to those who have problem getting the other forms of vaccine.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Thai-Enquirer-Summary-April-21-2022.pdf

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thailand has finally come out to accept the vaccines donated by India.

The country is going to accept 200,000 doses of Covovax from India today.

The move to accept 200,000 doses of the Indian made vaccine comes after Thailand had ‘not responded’ to 2-million doses of Indian made AstraZeneca vaccine in December of 2020 (before the outbreak of the Delta variant in early 2021).

The Ministry of Public Health has come out to say that Covovax would be administered to those who have problem getting the other forms of vaccine.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Thai-Enquirer-Summary-April-21-2022.pdf

Whatever happened to the Thai factory which was supposed to produce enough AstraZ product? Did it just fade away and get replaced by begging letters and waiting for free handouts?

Global tourism to recover from pandemic by 2023, post 10-year growth spurt

MANILA, April 21 (Reuters) - The global travel and tourism sectors are projected to return to pre-pandemic levels in 2023 and grow at a rate that will outpace global gross domestic product (GDP) growth, the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) said on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/the-great-reboot/global-tourism-recover-pandemic-by-2023-post-10-year-growth-spurt-2022-04-21/

10 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Whatever happened to the Thai factory which was supposed to produce enough AstraZ product? Did it just fade away and get replaced by begging letters and waiting for free handouts?

The Thai factory to which you refer to is Siam BioScience and owned by the King.

A delicate subject which should not be discussed in this thread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I just want to say for all you none believers that a good mask does protect you. As I spend a few hours at a friends house last week and he has tested positive to covid yesterday. N95 don't leave home without one.

N95 would have certainly helped protect you but I'll give you another experience. My daughter caught covid a few weeks back and I looked after her, she was even sneezing next to me on the sofa while we watched TV, to the point that I felt her droplets fall down on my arms. Neither of us wore masks at home throughout the entire period, only reason I decided not to bother with this was that I was absolutely sure I would get it from her at some point as I was tending to her when she had high fever when it started.

Anyway never got it, I tested 3 times all negative. I had 2 AZ plus a moderna booster. She had 2 pfizer.

My guess is that her vaccination helped in not spreading it so much and my vaccines gave the other element of protection but just a guess. The fact is I did not get it.

I still wear masks as required when going out of course.

• Thanks 1

Number of cases hovering at the moment with a little change from 173 cases yesterday.

Health officials on Thursday (April 21) reported 171 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 45 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 15 cases were found in Pranburi, 19 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 5 cases in Kuiburi, 5 cases in Thap Sakae, 17 cases in Bang Saphan, 2 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 63 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Two new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/april-21-prachuap-reports-171-new-covid-19-cases-45-in-hua-hin/

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I just want to say for all you none believers that a good mask does protect you. As I spend a few hours at a friends house last week and he has tested positive to covid yesterday. N95 don't leave home without one.

One of the good things in all of this is, real N95 masks these days have become much more available to regular consumers than they were in the early days when the supplies were very limited because those that were available were all being redirected to hospitals and medical staff.

I don't know of any legitimate retailer in Thailand that's selling guaranteed authentic name brand N95 masks to the public still (though there are lots of KN94 and Korean and Chinese versions around). But lately, I've been able several times to order legit 3M N95 masks direct from Amazon U.S. as the seller and shipper.

There also are a couple websites in the U.S. now that serve as legitimate resellers of guaranteed real NIOSH certifieid N95 masks from various producers (3M, Honeywell and others), so you'll know that what you're buying is legit as opposed to a Chinese counterfeit, which has been a real problem in the past.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

It doesn't matter if you think your mask "protected you", you'll get covid anyway sooner or later.

The only way you won't catch it if you isolate yourself from the world forever.

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

10 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

It doesn't matter if you think your mask "protected you", you'll get covid anyway sooner or later.

Totally nonsense comment, its about taking personal responsibility for your own health, if someone wants to wear a mask if they feel they are in a risk area then they are entitled to do so without that sort of attitude.

• Thanks 1

there will be many people who will avoid catching covid and go on to live their lives that way. Masks along with vaccines help its avoidance, if they chose to wear one they can. Covid may become endemic that does not mean everyone will catch it at all.

44 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Properly wearing a legitimate N95 mask when around others certainly improves your odds. So does maintaining social distancing to the greatest extent when around others. So does getting vaccinated and boosted with an mRNA vaccine that reduces the likelihood of getting infected.

Put all those together on a consistent basis, and I Iike the odds compared to the deniers' alternative of giving up and doing nothing.

277646674_Facemaskeffectiveness.jpg.6cd446e5c74bd27641c750ede9bbd60c.jpg

Source link

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

COVID-19: Thailand reports 21,808 new coronavirus cases, 19,826 recoveries, 128 deaths

COV22.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Friday (April 22) reported 21,808 new COVID-19 cases, 19,826 recoveries and 128 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full report: https://aseannow.com/topic/1257497-covid-19-thailand-reports-21808-new-coronavirus-cases-19826-recoveries-128-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin