Shopee another seller trick to be aware of.

Thailand

Most annoying 

Day 1  Order Dog Food they give delivery day 2 or 3 days

Day 2 check order = Packed  awaiting transport collection

Day 3 check again = got a message order cancelled out of stock......  err ? the day before was packed ready  for collection/delivery ??

Re order Dog Food  from a different seller = this morning got a message order cancelled out of stock..

Ordered 100 strips Accu-Chek = last night got a message 'order cancelled'

That is three cancelled Orders this week............  Ordered Dog Food + Fish Food + Accu-Chek Strips from Lazada for years !!

• Like 2

I made an order recently, yes it was China in no real rush, then AFTER the purchase delivery changed to 10-14 days, after 14 days nothing, no tracking as not Lazada, exchanged msg on "chat" they blamed Covid, after 20 days item finally arrives, ITS THE WRONG ITEM ! .Very frustrating.

• Haha 1

With Shopee, if you look at the details to the right of the picture of the product of interest, just below the price it may say:-

Pre-Order (ships in 30 days)

or something similar.

This means they ain't got it but they will get it for you from China if you would like to wait.

Edited by Muhendis
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Its like none of you knew drop-shipping was the way most of the sellers on both platforms operate... and like no one thought the lock-downs in China would affect their precious shipments. Weird.

Obviously many of their top selling, isn't drop shipped, from China anyway.  Most things I buy are packed 1 day

shipped 1 day

arrive within 2-4 days after order place, if not sooner

and I'm 300+ kms away from Krung Thep

Tracking shows most shipments' movement

Doesn't come from China unless custom's stop is noted, 

in both countries (CH & TH) of late

I've ordered while in Krung Thep, and delivered before the end of day, 6pm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

I regularly order items from mainly Lazada but also Shopee occasionally and have never had any problems as described here with either.

so are you saying that the problems are made up? I'm new to Lazada and have had similar issues so the OP is definitely not telling porkies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, the thing to watch for on Lazada is "sellers own fleet" on delivery details.That means its China !

Actually not so..we are in Thailand. And deliver locally around BKK.. only option is seller's own fleet.

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I made an order recently, yes it was China in no real rush, then AFTER the purchase delivery changed to 10-14 days, after 14 days nothing, no tracking as not Lazada, exchanged msg on "chat" they blamed Covid, after 20 days item finally arrives, ITS THE WRONG ITEM ! .Very frustrating.

Me too. After that, I always check with the seller via chat first to ensure there is no misunderstanding before making the order. Up to now, I have no issues with Lazada. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petermik said:

I,ve had orders come from China via Lazada in 8/10 days,pretty good...as I,m not in that much of a hurry when ordering from there...Shopee on the other hand not so good from China.

My experience with Shopee terrible two occasions orders from China incomplete. After using chat line was blocked, wrote to H.O here Bangkok. Was told block was error. Second occasion proof of error could not be added to the request form, sent all documents by mail to H.O Bangkok. All emails to them then blocked. Have now deleted Shopee totally from my list of on-line suppliers. Will never use them again.  

The best part i find is when a item bought on Lazada is cancelled you cannot leave a reveiw.

I have bought a few items that were a very good price and Guess what?

If you stick to normal non-promotion items no problem thats what i have found.

14 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

so are you saying that the problems are made up? I'm new to Lazada and have had similar issues so the OP is definitely not telling porkies.

I'm only saying I've used Lazada and Shopee for years now and have never had any problems such as described here. Assuming these accounts are not "porkies," what I'm saying is that, IMO, they are very rare. I've never had them, and my experiences are the only experiences I know for sure are not "porkies."

It may be just me, but I sometimes get an ad on my phone to install Shoppee app. When I try I get a message that it is not available in my location. Also, I cannot get the page to load in English on the confuser, therefore I just stick to Lazada

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, the thing to watch for on Lazada is "sellers own fleet" on delivery details.That means its China !

Not true. I ordered twice from same seller where it said seller's own fleet. Package arrived 2 days later by DHL and origin was here in Thailand. I guess that Lazada has an arrangement with the 3 other local delivery companies that sellers can ship through the Lazada system, but if the seller chooses not to use Lazada system then it shows seller's own fleet

16 hours ago, happy me said:

Actually not so..we are in Thailand. And deliver locally around BKK.. only option is seller's own fleet.

Live out in the sticks  55 km from BKK, and often get deliveries in a private car next day, or even on a Motorbike..  the most surprising one was 20kg Fish Food  ordered New Years Eve, it arrived New Years day at 10 am in a Honda City.

Another item was ordered from Overseas [NO seller in Thailand had the part for my model]  it arrived by the Postman within 48 hours.

22 hours ago, ignis said:

Most annoying 

Day 1  Order Dog Food they give delivery day 2 or 3 days

Day 2 check order = Packed  awaiting transport collection

Day 3 check again = got a message order cancelled out of stock......  err ? the day before was packed ready  for collection/delivery ??

Re order Dog Food  from a different seller = this morning got a message order cancelled out of stock..

Ordered 100 strips Accu-Chek = last night got a message 'order cancelled'

That is three cancelled Orders this week............  Ordered Dog Food + Fish Food + Accu-Chek Strips from Lazada for years !!

I ordered jars of shredless marmalade from Lazada, then gat an email saying they were out of stock and would I like ordinary marmalade instead, I said no.

About two weeks later I tried ordering them again, then they had them, they increased their price from 125Bt per jar to 235Baht per jar. Yes, different sellers, but now I am have problems signing in, something to do with security.

If Lazada treated customers like this in a normal country they would soon be out of business.