Indian tourist in Pattaya reports theft of expensive gold necklace, claims it was taken by a thief on Second Road

webfact

689091-696x392.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A Thai transgender individual and her female friend allegedly stole a gold necklace from an Indian tourist while walking on Second Road in Pattaya last night (April 21st).

MR. SATHISHKUMAR GOVINDARJU, 45, an Indian national, filed a report to the Pattaya City Police last night at 11:30 P.M.. He told police the incident happened in front of a hotel on Pattaya Second Road.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Police immediately inspected at the scene, not far from Walking Street and TPN reporters joined them.

Sathiskumar told Pattaya police, “There was a Thai woman with a transgender who were in sexy dresses standing on the side of the road.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/22/indian-tourist-in-pattaya-reports-theft-of-expensive-gold-necklace-claims-it-was-taken-by-a-thief-on-second-road/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Who wears expensive jewellery in that area at that time of night?

Insurance scam?

Well being an Indian involved on holiday that would be a conclusion drawn by many I suspect, although the lady boy issue is another possibility.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Expect a lot more of these as Indian tourists are definitely increasing now.

I lived in India for 4 months and I have seen that you can get top dollar for gold there. So you are right-on when you say Indian tourist will be buying a lot of gold when they get here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBird said:

Tourism must be returning.  Haven't seen this type of news since pre covid

You were faster!

Definitely this is the opening of the season!

Back to normal.

Now waiting for: robbed at the nightly beach walk with 5000 Dollars, 30000 Baht, Rolex and some diamond ring. That lady was quite strong.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 4/22/2022 at 10:37 AM, bkk6060 said:

Expect a lot more of these as Indian tourists are definitely increasing now.

As long as I have been in Pattaya there have been Indian and ladyboy news stories.....Hundreds maybe thousands of them....Every week,month,year,decade...

It never stops....(except for covid)

I think Indians are the victims 90-95% of the time...Plus maybe a few Russians, and a few very drunk farangs....