Why are you posting here?

I joined in 2010 when I found it while googling for some information. I registered as I found it both useful and sometimes entertaining. I don't hang around the forum all the time. Only when I need some help/information, or some evenings when I am having a beer and not in a mood for Netflix, Youtube Etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I came to visit, I got assimilated into the collective (Mods], resistance was futile. 12 years on, here I stillI am.

I am not sure if this is for public discussion. Are (some) mods paid here? Or is it for some people about having that admin privilege? I imagine being a moderator must be sometimes frustrating.

Sheer boredom ... awaiting house to get finished

Keep brain active

Help out a wee bit, if I can

Pick up few things, now & then

Play 'devil's advocate' occasionally ????

Main, to learn all things solar, and EV that I haven't picked up on my own, 

and THANKS fella.  Though I think I'm putting off EV car for at least a yr or 2.

See what BYD comes up with, as really need more range and better prices.

Or an expensive tinker car, but 400 & 500k is too much for their specs, and

1 mill baht is a bit much for any 4 wheels, especially with 200+ highway range.

32 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Not me, of course.

image.png.bca109b62a6aa53d9973dd0c10981d31.png

Yes its addictive. People wrong all the time 5555

I love Thailand well most things. I find "farang" culture boring. 

Farangland go work go home go work go home. Watch sport on weekends. Bogan city. No street food. No cheap massages. Dont get hit on by women everyday.

I love asian women, at least 50%. I like 5% of western women.

Most on here are good folk. Couple of plonkers but overall good. 

If it wasnt for silly visa Id be living there already.

36 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I am a future expat in Thailand and it's great to chat with the kind of people who will be steadfastly avoiding me when I get there. I don't take it personally, this place is like Loner-palooza.

When I was a lurker, I was inspired by the stories of guys who radically changed their lives and ended up happy or demented -in a place that I am fascinated by and can't get enough of. They say their girlfriends believe in ghosts, I say I'd like to buy her a wholly innocent som tam and listen to her talk about that for a couple of hours.

Just like The Meditaranian was for our parents, South East Asia still represents paradise and freedom.

Freedom yes. Escape the rat race. I live in boganland. 50% bogan, 25% yuppy, 25% normal. Not much fun for a Thai fan.

41 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What motivates you to look at posts and participate?

I got hooked right off the bat when I moved here, leaves Facebook for dead where everyone has to post a photo of where they at and what they eating, who gives a rats a$$.

Its sort of a routine of mine, can't help myself, I receive two emails everyday just to remind me to have a geezer, and I also receive a few likes, confused and sad faces along with thanks on comments I made or posts I made, and some not so nice comments. Generally speaking I like to also helped out where I can.

Also keeps me up to date with what's going on, and I learn new things everyday. I enjoy reading peoples comments, posts, and try to avoid the lost souls caught up in their own rage, because there stuck, or broke or just plain miserable, too bad, you get dealt with a hand and have to make best you can with it.

I especially like the ones who have had a go at my Asean Now profile name with them not having any idea what it's about, but like it says, it's, 4MyEgo, that was the old number plate on my 1974 Silver Shadow back in the day ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

avoid the lost souls caught up in their own rage, because there stuck, or broke or just plain miserable, too bad, you get dealt with a hand and have to make best you can with it.

I try to learn from them. Covid ruined my life. Ive had to rebuild.

Life can go from 9/10 to 1/10. Never take it for granted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I have posted only during the covid pandemic. Like I was communicating with people in a warm green place forbidden to me. Today when I heard it was going to be much easier it made me think what's next. I have a ticket for June. 

Fat is a type of crazy. You are right.

I will see in July.

• Like 1

Can be informative. Most clicks are generated by "visa-matters" and what was formerly called  "gossip". Especially when it has something to do with "Thai-Women" and their pleasurable or wicked ways. As the case may be. Some may say, why post here, under the motto "Pearls before Swine"? Fine with me, as I like Swine (pork) better than Pearls.

• Haha 2

I'd say your list just about covers it for me:

"Personally I do it for several reasons, in no specific order

- Keeping up to date about news and events in Thailand

- Learning something mostly related to Thailand, like where to buy things, how to get things done, regulations, best way to do things, etc.

- Helping others. Like learning but the opposite, helping others where to find things, get things done, etc.

- Just for fun. Making fun of things and others, whatever

- And when I am bored"

I would admit that sometimes I post just to try and annoy posters that I find annoying.

Childish I know, but what can I say?

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

Info on buying things I'm not familiar with, visa, COVID regulations, farming, and wasting time in different topic discussions, and sometimes try to provide an different light on topics. Try to stay out of arguments as much as possible and belive saying the same thing three times is enough ????

Makes me think of Lewis Carroll "Hunting of the Snark":

"Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice:
   That alone should encourage the crew.
Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
   What I tell you three times is true."
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1