Thai PM admits he may have misjudged rapper Milli

snoop1130

2 hours ago, rtco said:

Should read "that the prime minister admitted he was loaded with so many brown envelopes that he regularly needs time to open them and count what's inside and makes mistakes" 

Yes, but never with the counting...

The people love this girl. She's pretty, talented and charismatic. She casts Thailand in a good light on the global stage.

Prayut on the other hand? Yeah not so much.

At least he's acknowledged this is a battle he cannot win.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, aka The Rock, on line 2 for you.

That's not the same.  He is Dwayne Johnson now as an actor, but was previously known as "The Rock" when he was a wrestler, so "The Rock" is included as a reference to that.  People do still sometimes refer to him as just "The Rock" also.

I'm talking about people like Eminem, Dr Dre., etc..  Generally just the stage name is given, not full name, nickname and stage name.  It's quite unusual.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You have missed the interesting bit.

Her 'songs' criticise the government  - especially the PM.

She has been fined for spreading fake news and is being sued by Prayut for 'slander'. He is trying to put her in prison!

Buit she's promoting mango and sticky rice so she'll be OK!

the prime minister admitted he was loaded with so much work that he occasionally makes mistakes,........."

"According to Nirote, Gen. Prayut said he would reconsider his conduct."

Interesting change to his usual rhetoric! Possibly he is wanting people to start thinking of him as "Mr Nice Guy" as there seems to be talk of dissent in his ranks, and also talk of a forthcoming election? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Imagine this dinosaur being a credible judge on anything, much less popular culture?

It would be best for everyone if he just resigned. That is long overdue. 

but it's not going to happen any time soon so why keep carping on about it? go out and have some sanook instead of moaning all the time about the state of the world ????

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Flink said:

Pretty sure most of the numpties behind those doors don't know whats going on, so why should anyone outside the door be any different?

No definitely not; I mean they only staved off colonialism, cleverly avoided what could have been a nasty Japanese occupation, avoided communism, then went on to develop the most awesome country in SEA to live and visit. Yup, totally clueless are the privacy council and co.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

But it's only important that he please less than this 2% - most particular, a handful of the most influential.

That's why will see him around for another few years, as the foundational oligarchy maintains itself as it always has.

.....unless there's a mass rebellion, in which I can't foresee anytime in the near or distant future. 

Completely agree. the military in the gov't is here to stay; to keep protests and change from happening

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

but it's not going to happen any time soon so why keep carping on about it? go out and have some sanook instead of moaning all the time about the state of the world ????

Then they wouldn't have a life. All they do is pontificate about something they have no idea about and if you challenge them with rational fact based arguments they just laugh or cry emoji you. Quite sad the number of posts and time they spend on this forum per day. I suppose they are their own masters in the world of farang Thai political debate on aseannow; appearing knowledgeable to the unknowledgeable.

Quite pathetic really but each to his own I guess.

Edited by bangkokbonecollector
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I can assure you I am doing my level best to keep my head buried as deep in the sand as I can. I do come up for air occasionally, however. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1