Foreign tourist says wallet was taken by two transgender individuals in Pattaya, second incident in two days

webfact

S__23486480-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A foreign tourist reported to Pattaya police after midnight April 23rd on Pattaya Second Road that two people who appeared to be transgender tried to hug him and solicit him for sexual services, which he declined. He later found his wallet, which he said had 10,000 baht in cash, was missing.

The Pattaya City Police was notified at 0:16 A.M. by the 36-year-old male foreign tourist that the incident happened on Pattaya Second Road. His name and nationality were withheld following further investigation.

Police immediately inspected the scene and TPN reporters joined them.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The victim told police, “I stopped at a convenience store before walking back to my accommodation after a night out. On the way back to my hotel, there were two people who appeared to be transgender individuals that approached me and tried to hug me. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/23/foreign-tourist-says-wallet-was-taken-by-two-transgender-individuals-in-pattaya-second-incident-in-two-days/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

Well as you can see now, Pattaya is getting back to it’s former glory. 

The type of 'glory' Thailand doesn't need, those ratchet transgenders been playing that trick on an fleecing unsuspecting guys of their valuables for a long as i remember...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Also guys please dont use a wallet in Thailand, its just plain stupid.....You're asking for trouble.... 

Why? More important is where you keep it. I admit on a night out, I take a different wallet with me, where all the cards, licences etc get left at home...cash only. I find having wet money in various pockets doesn't work well. 

47 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Why? More important is where you keep it. I admit on a night out, I take a different wallet with me, where all the cards, licences etc get left at home...cash only. I find having wet money in various pockets doesn't work well. 

I just keep cash in a Zipped pocket if on a night out, and a few hundred baht in my shirt pocket and don't take my phone, key left at reception.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Also guys please dont use a wallet in Thailand, its just plain stupid.....You're asking for trouble....

I always use a wallet but it only have around 2000 BHT and one credit card. I always keep it in my front pocket never in by back pocket. Never had ladyboy hugging problems. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Odds are 10 to 1 it was a Indian .......Most farang don't fall for this ladyboy hugging nonsense.....

It is not the wallet , it is where you put it . I put my wallet in front pocket and put my hand in my pocket . Back pocket , you wont feel , something i learned back in Spain when i was much younger . I did feel and didn't lose it because he gave it back straight away , but i know how fast it is ...

17 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I just keep cash in a Zipped pocket if on a night out, and a few hundred baht in my shirt pocket and don't take my phone, key left at reception.

I get clumsy and drop odd notes, one reason male security keep sweeping  round your ankles! The wallet, in a zipped/ buttoned pocket is the starting point and money may end up spread around a bit, but I try and put 500s back in the wallet. When I buy shorts one aspect I look for is a good wallet pocket, and the Mrs, who is a bit of a seamstress, makes improvements if required. 

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Damn….same thing just happened to me.

In a split second I lost my Patek Philippe watch, my Bentley Platinum sunglasses, my Nike Air Mag 2016 Shoes, my six carat diamond ring, my 90 Baht gold necklace, and 2,324,942 Thai Baht cash.

Fortunately insurance will cover most of it.

Damn they are getting good if they can get your Nike air shoes .

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Odds are 10 to 1 it was a Indian .......Most farang don't fall for this ladyboy hugging nonsense.....

I never go out without my wallet but then I don't live in Pattaya.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I never go out without my wallet but then I don't live in Pattaya.

Plenty of ladyboy pickpockets in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit used to be notorious for them, especially on the footbridges crossing the main Sukhumvit Road. 

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Plenty of ladyboy pickpockets in Bangkok, lower Sukhumvit used to be notorious for them, especially on the footbridges crossing the main Sukhumvit Road. 

I don't live in BKK either and up here I have to pay a LB to pick my pocket. No small chage there just junk.

• Haha 1