Heartthrob actor walks out of court with suspended sentence after hitting nursing assistant - no tax, insurance or valid licence

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that heartthrob Thai actor Chanon Akkhrachata or "Khun" was given a prison sentence of one month suspended for a year after hitting a female nursing assistant who was riding a motorcycle in Bangkok.

He walked from the court after being fined just 4,000 baht.

Khun had been charged with negligence causing injury to Prarattana Rojanakaewprasert, 21, and damage to her bike after the incident near the Lamsalee intersection on Ramkhamhaeng Road on Monday of last week.

The famous actor had also been charged with having an out of date licence, no tax and no third party insurance. 

He admitted everything and apologised to society.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

He said he had taken care of the victim and paid her 30,000 baht compensation. 

He said he wasn't drunk and gave excuses as to why he did not contact the police at the scene.

He said he had an important engagement upcountry and had no time and also couldn't contact the victim because he couldn't get a signal on his phone. 

The Bangkok North Municipal court handed down its verdict yesterday after Hua Mark police took the celebrity to the court. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 10

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

heartthrob Thai actor

answer.   you don't like it, become a heartthrob!!!!!!   

laws are not equal.......please don't tell me you are learning this today for the first time!!!!! please tell me you know this already.      Law 101.       

I am a heartthrob........I wake up to 10,000 envelopes of cash 

next!!!  

24 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Heartthrob actor 

"He said he had an important engagement upcountry and had no time and also couldn't contact the victim because he couldn't get a signal on his phone. "

Also a big liar , these so called VIP's think they can get away with anything,

problem is they do....he's just the kind to make an example of , give him 

2 years for his various crimes, AND make sure he goes to jail , until they

start doing this , nothing is going to change.

regards worgeordie

They don't THINK they can get away with these things, they Do!! 

• Like 1

Well, I hope his 'conviction and suspended sentence' cause him a hell of a lot of trouble getting a visa to travel to countries like the UK!

An important appointment upcountry becomes less important when you have just been in an accident! 

So pathetic. Hi-Sos and actors and celebrities are precisely the types of people who need to be made an example of. He should have received the maximum penalty so that his fans and others are made aware of the very real consequences of not following traffic laws.

Edited by clokwise
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He walked from the court after being fined just 4,000 baht.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The famous actor had also been charged with having an out of date licence, no tax and no third party insurance. 

and he walked out from the  "Banana Republic"  court    555

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

How did this incident happen ?

Was he driving dangerously ????....

(I know he shouldn’t haze been there in the first place because he wasn’t insured, had no licence etc). 

Depends if you consider driving around knocking people off motorcycles while definitely not drunk but fiddling with a phone to get a signal, to be dangerous.

13 minutes ago, mrfill said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How did this incident happen ?

Was he driving dangerously ????....

(I know he shouldn’t haze been there in the first place because he wasn’t insured, had no licence etc). 

Depends if you consider driving around knocking people off motorcycles while definitely not drunk but fiddling with a phone to get a signal, to be dangerous.

Is that what he was doing ?...  

As you imply, was he drunk and using his phone at the same time ?

I haven’t read the back-story to this so I don’t know how the incident itself happened. 

Many western women do far worse emotional and financial damage to their husband than this bloke did and when they get taken to court walk away without a sentence of fine. In fact they are given the house.