Face masks to be still needed in Thailand even after the emergency said Minster Anutin this week

webfact

13 hours ago, Oblomov said:

It's not even law, so it says a lot about a population  that blindly follow such 'leaders.'

Yes, they  got a lot more sense than a place with over a million dead!

On 5/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Oblomov said:

They still died from the virus. But for the virus most would still be alive, Obese people can live for decades but might die overnight from the virus. I don't understand your point. Or actually I do, you are downplaying the virus for political reasons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wearing a KN95 or N95 mask if they fit properly will protect the person who wears them as well as people

around that person. Wearing a cheap blue mask or ill fitting single layer clothe mask will not protect

the wearer, just the other people. That has been known since COVID began. No mask is a pleasure to wear,

but in the bad pollution days in Bangkok, you will see me wear a mask. 

Harvey M

• Like 1

Just come back to the UK after  a Month in LOS . Stayed for only 2 days in Bkk which was a pain with the masks ( had to stay due to the non quarantine - quarantine of what turned out for me to be 23 hours .This was due to no one in the hotel letting me know when my test result came back - which in turn meant I couldnt get a flight up to Issaan. till the following day. Up and down Sukumvit I would say that during my walk from Nana to Robinsons around 50% of the people be they Thai or ferang did not have a mask on. Once in the village around 70% didnt bother and even in the local town only around 40% bothered. Yes covid was rife in the village for around 10days of the 3 weeks I was there  but no one tested positive for more than 5 days and when my Mrs caught it she was positive for 4 days and on the 5th was negative. Also no one in the villagee was very ill where as when I had it in the Uk in Feb I was knocked off my feet for around 6 days and tested positive for 12 days. Obviously the strain sweeping through Thailand is not as strong as the earlier strains. I didnt catch it again even though a number of the wife's family caught it. I did wear my mask but found it made my breathing more difficult with the searing April hot season temps reaching 42 up in NE. No one in the bars had masks - no one in Nana plaza had masks . I think its more about control than safety at this point .

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Oblomov said:

Dead is dead..... and one only has the figures to consider whether Covid was serious or not. It killed a relative of mine, elderly maybe, but not obese. It went through UK care homes quite badly due to awful policies there. It was far more than the 'flu'..... I suggest you have a short term memory ......

• Sad 1

All of South and East Asia love ice masks.

Facemasks have been shown to reduce transmission.

BUT - one owners if this decision is based on science or just a fixation with facemarks.

IN UK many people continue to wear fcemasks and some shops still insist on or recommend them.

I can't see why people object so much - I think their objects are also based on non-scientific reasons.

• Sad 1

In Koh Phangan and Koh Samui most tourists did not use masks in December and January, same with parts of Phuket and Krabi. 

In Bangla road they made you use one in the evenings, and if did not have, you had to buy one before getting inside. 

6 hours ago, garyk said:

Has to miserable walking around in that heat with a  mask on.. 

Yeah, what hardship, the Ukrainians must feel very sympathetic......

It hasn't been that hot in the Pattaya area, been somewhat overcast and cloudy of late.... the tourists, well many don't even put shirts on, never mind masks!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, what hardship, the Ukrainians must feel very sympathetic......

It hasn't been that hot in the Pattaya area, been somewhat overcast and cloudy of late.... the tourists, well many don't even put shirts on, never mind masks!

Not seen a shirtless tourist all week you really over egg stuff..

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, spidermike007 said:

Wearing a mask in open outdoor areas is the height of science denial, ignorance, and Zombie paranoia! 

I agree. I never wear a mask while walking in my local park for exercise (I walk 8 - 10k), and most Thai people don't either. It's hilarious to see someone sitting alone, late at night in the park wearing a face mask. Seeing people on motorcycles with face masks and no helmets is even funnier.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Irate priest said:

I saw one only yesterday... in the Mall food-court area. Perhaps I get about more than you. 

• Haha 1

Face masks to be still needed in Thailand even after the emergency said Minster Anutin this week

They will be required forever as face masks are the ultimate sign of submission to authority. 

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, connda said:

They will be required forever as face masks are the ultimate sign of submission to authority. 

Really..... unlike getting down on ones knees as you are beat over the head  with a baton.....that is only a minor sign of submission isn't it!

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I saw one only yesterday... in the Mall food-court area. Perhaps I get about more than you. 

I saw a shirtless, maskless tourist walking down Silom a few weeks ago. at first I thought what an a-hole but then I saw that he was very overweight, red-faced and dripping with sweat so I forgave him. the Bangkok heat and humidity ain't for everybody. 

that, and he wasn't hurting anybody. jai yen yen and all that.

ps. I hope he made it to Patpong OK ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 5:33 AM, Willy Wombat said:

I hated wearing masks more than any other rule they imposed here in Queensland.

and having to wear a mask while most of the civilised world has moved on from them really irritates me.

????????????

Warmest

Edited by KaputtAlreadyNa
  • Haha 2

On 5/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, connda said:

wrong, the ultimate sign of submission to authority is the vaccine that you injected so many times

Masks I wear them forever by choice because I have a brain...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:13 AM, Captain Monday said:

Masking will be expected in most Asian countries for many years.

Asians like hiding, it's as they have been brought up to be subservient and masks add to the indirectness of communication. We have to really look in the eyes now to see what's going on. Westerners don't focus on the eyes, but instead on body posture, facial expression and gestures. They also use words to say what they mean! . 

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Asians like hiding, it's as they have been brought up to be subservient and masks add to the indirectness of communication. We have to really look in the eyes now to see what's going on. Westerners don't focus on the eyes, but instead on body posture, facial expression and gestures. They also use words to say what they mean! . 

True about hiding. Over the last 10 years even before the pandemic masking increased in Korea Japan and Taiwan. 25 years ago it was a few old people not half the population in Seoul especially winter.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

wrong, the ultimate sign of submission to authority is the vaccine that you injected so many times

Masks I wear them forever by choice because I have a brain...

Fill yer boots!

On 5/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, Irate priest said:

I saw about 4 this morning around Soi New Plaza. I also saw several with full body tattoos including one with tattooed hair, never saw that before.

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, EVENKEEL said:

"Asians truly love their masks,"  is not racist. But some see racism around every corner.

Any statement where "all x think y" is bigotry.

Asians are as varied as Europeans. Try meeting some that don't ask where you from, how long you stay Thailand.

You may be suprised.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:29 PM, vidgra said:

I return you the question...

how many times have you been injected ?

Your point?

Most people were forced to get injections by mandate to be able to function in society.. it was not a free choice no matter what bs drivel the politicians came up with, to work, shop, travel, enter a premisis, most were forced to take the double jab.. it did not stop you from catching covid, transmitting the virus or for some dying from it, the virus is now many times mutated and certainly less lethal..so again what's your point? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went the bank today at opening time. The staff were having a meeting in the seating area. They were all socially distant. They all wore masks all the time. Everybody in Big C wore a mask bar none. Social compliance is near 100%. It isn't all about the risk of death, most Thais have respect for each other and they wear masks out of respect..

• Like 2