Face masks back on as cabinet votes down end of mandate in June. Nightlife trade slams reopening

webfact

10 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe we have to do the same as with wearing helmets on a motorcycle.... Don't do it and nothing will happen 

Entirely possible as I have never heard of a fine being levied except to Prayut

16 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Very strange how adamant Uncle Tuu is about wearing masks in Thailand, yet when in his recent US trip meeting Biden he is pictured completely maskless shades of hypocracy (sp.) don't you think?

Totally in keeping with our governments and ruling "elites" utter disdain for their own mandated rules. Masks, lockdowns, travel, distancing, etc.

It was bumbling Boris and his Govt's "partygate" episode being made public that ended all Covid restrictions in England, making one wonder if a political decision could end these "health" mandates, were they just arbitrary in the first place..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Because after 4 months of mask wearing everywhere in Thailand, I had 2 weeks of freedom not wearing a mask in Aus. Not having to wear a mask felt special, whereas it should be normal, so putting one back on did not feel good

I won't be wearing a mask ever again, so maybe I'll be back to thailand next year (or not if I fall in love with Vietnam)

Trust me, you will fall in love with her, Viet Nam. 

4 hours ago, Spilornis said:

(Singapore, Indonesia Malaysia etc) have removed the outdoor mask mandate.

It has had a negligible impact on daily official covid numbers.

Very much so, as here in Cambodia where it is no longer mandatory to wear face masks except in specific circumstances such as conference centers and cinemas. Supermarkets and other retail businesses - no problems.

For reference, the latest today 1st June 2022:

"As Cambodia marches towards ‘COVID Zero’, no new cases were recorded for the 25th day running"

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501086052/25th-consecutive-day-of-zero-covid-cases-for-cambodia/

• Like 2

My wife's elder sister is near housebound, cancer etc, her husband is housebound, brain tumour operation. 

She only goes to the market for food and people visit, it seems most never use a mask. Was told about an hour ago that they both have covid. ????

Soooo, it looks like imported to home from others, or she picked it up at the market, where mask wearing is patchy.....????

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Then the foreign tourists should be made aware of this

Yesterday evening I viewed this live webcam from Koh Samui.  I saw many foreigners but not one was wearing a mask.

It's like this all over Thailand.

OMG! ????

5 hours ago, rainham said:

I'm gonna be there in june i haven't seen my wife for over years which isn't the best situation, anyhow I'm not trying to offend anyone we've all had a bumpy ride I'm just saying that mask wearing on a country by country basis has achieved very little even if you had the top grade mask you've got to take it off at some point the virus is airborne so getting it is pretty much inevitable i e tested positive for it twice and had no symptoms other people i work with have had common cold symptoms and some have had mild flu type symptoms I've not heard of any one that has been fully vaccinated requiring  hospitalization not disputing the fact that there are people that have needed medical assistance  it's over for now in my opinion 

Regards

Danny.

Enjoy your family visit.