Health officials "concerned" about reopening of bars/clubs - promise more checks to ensure compliance

webfact

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

1) It's no longer Covid 19, it's Omicron

2) It's nothing more than a mild flu

3) The entire family and lots of friends have had it, no one went to the hospital, some paracetamol and isolate for a week, more like a head cold.

Enough scaremongering, move on after you've had a drink, oh that's right you probably don't drink or have a life.  

Your 1) statement is incorrect. Omicron is just a 'common label' for one of the variants of Covid 19 (or Coronavirus), with official classification Sars Cov 2 variant B11529...roughly speaking, one gene on the virus spikes lost its potency, lets hope it stays that way.

Although I am TT I do understand, and agree with others, that officials can open clubs, Bars etc. and then tell people not to act in the social manner expected at these venues. In my view, either enforce a shut down or have them open for business (ha! Other posters have said that Bars etc. (in some areas) have been open a while anyway so I can't see the officials problem.)

10 hours ago, grantbkk said:

Indians. Twice last week in two different bars, one group of 4 and one of 5 each ordered one drink and the appropriate number of straws. They were shown the door. These are the high end tourist the Government hopes will save them. 

Shown the door on both days ?

2 minutes ago, Mayhem11 said:

What else do you expect in a country that is now trying to use monkey pox to control now Covid is old news.

I am surprised what you are saying as all countries are following closely the development of monkey pox , including the World Health Organization .

40 minutes ago, itsari said:

I am surprised what you are saying as all countries are following closely the development of monkey pox , including the World Health Organization .

How does a person get monkeypox?

Monkeypox is transmitted person-to-person through close contact. “This virus transmits through respiratory droplets, which requires prolonged face-to-face or close contact with another individual – this is very different from COVID-19,” Schaffner told Healthline.

13 hours ago, smedly said:

bars and clubs have been open for weeks, absolutely rammed 

these people need to get a dose of reality, the world has turned a corner, people are fed up to the back teeth of excessive stupid rules and those that want to keep this cluster going

Covid is over - why are they not getting it in Thailand

enough

more wood

Because the powers that be can not or will not give up the power covid gave them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike k said:

Because the powers that be can not or will not give up the power covid gave them 

I agree with you, if there is the slightest hint of true demacracy here were the people actully elect those in charge there be another military take over, unfortunately the only way to break the mould here is for a huge civil revolt, there is no democracy here - yes people go out and vote woooopeedo but end up with a collection of uneducated #### running the country who never actually won anything, anyone that looks like may challenge them are disbanded and arrested on some dreamed up nonsense, the only way to get rid of them unfortunatly is dire ............................. these ### will keep on thieving from the people until the people take controlj......................there is no true democracy here and the sooner the people realise that the better - but it will be bloody 

for example - no MP in the UK can sit in office unless they win their seat as voted for by the people ........................................who voted for Anutin or Prawit - they were in parties that got votes so they placed themselves in office - as for Prayuth - well who elected him ?????????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Your 1) statement is incorrect. Omicron is just a 'common label' for one of the variants of Covid 19 (or Coronavirus), with official classification Sars Cov 2 variant B11529...roughly speaking, one gene on the virus spikes lost its potency, lets hope it stays that way.

6,2,1, half dozen the other in my opinion, in other words, if it feels the same, tasks the same, it's basically the same., like a car, it drives, it takes petrol etc.

The only difference with Omicron to me, is that it is known to be more contagious than other COVID-19 variants and it largely infects the upper respiratory tract, making it easy to confuse the variant with seasonal flu, of which none of my family showed symptoms of.

10 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Thailand officials need to open up everything with no restrictions so people can get on with their lives, enough damage is already done

Thailand officials will do as they decide.... foreigners, whose own countries allowed far many more people to die of Covid have no authority here. 

2 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

The Thai nanny state worried that they may not be getting the envelopes their concern deserves.

I would apply the term 'nanny state' to many more countries outside Thailand's borders before considering it inside them. 

9 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

What else do you expect in a country that is now trying to use monkey pox to control now Covid is old news.

Really? Other than temperature scans on arriving passengers, what measures has Thailand imposed in an effort to control Monkey pox? 

I can not think of any. 

9 hours ago, BayArea said:

be careful or he'll put you on ignore! ????

Oh ye have little faith, in what I will do he says as he swats the fly away with his baseball bat.  Trolls and baiters get placed in purgatory, yet if I still want a laugh I will view their posts......

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Is it only enclosed clubs that test customers ? how does that work for bars/pubs ? 

The reality is that no-one is getting tested to go into any bar or club - any bar that attempted this would have hardly any customers.   In this country they are making stupid laws that are too stupid to enforce or obey so there is now mass civil disobedience.   Prior to covid I was a law abiding individual but now (like most others), I find myself breaking several laws a day.  

People chugging beers, eating in restaurants, getting on with life ... good. Time to move on. I don't object.

But get rid of the bloody stupid outdoor mask rules that are not even ruled by law in most cases.

And teach all the plebs who ride motorcycles with masks on, but no helmets, that their logical skills are barely that of a toddler.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:08 AM, scubascuba3 said:

So they want people not to share glasses, who does that?

Any building site or often in shops where lots of Thais are employed , you will see the one off stainless steel mug parked next to the cold water supply . 

Also the officials forgot to mention the Thai favourite culinary habit of double dipping . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superal said:

Any building site or often in shops where lots of Thais are employed , you will see the one off stainless steel mug parked next to the cold water supply . 

Also the officials forgot to mention the Thai favourite culinary habit of double dipping . 

love a double dip