Inside a Biden White House adrift

onthedarkside

9 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

I realize the obsession liberals have with Trump possibly impairs one's vision but can you refer me to where I said Trump would win in 2024?

I would have thought my use of the word "may" would be comprehensible to most people.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Right. An inept demented old man who worked and wrangled hard to get a huge infrastructure bill successfully passed with bipartisan support. And then he managed to unite the European nations against the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Europe is united? maybe for a few seconds, that Europe united is a shameful front, see the cracks happening in the next few months, above all when winter comes and we will need Russian gas more than ever

Biden is playing a dangerous game with Ukraine, but he is not on the front line, we European get the FULL results of the sanctions, not the US

the EU is in shamble over the whole thing, and again we are paying for it, not Putin or Russia or Biden

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

Europe is united? maybe for a few seconds, see the cracks happening in the next few months, above all when winter comes and we will need Russian gas more than ever

Biden is playing a dangerous game with Ukraine, but he is not on the front line, we European get the FULL results of the sanctions, not the US

the EU is in shamble over the whole thing, and again we are paying for it, not Putin or Russia or Biden

Russia's own Putin-approved economists are saying Russian GDP will shrink by 10% in the coming year, and that forecast is probably gilding the lily. That fact makes your statement Russia is not paying complete BS.

You would rather see Ukraine subjugated so you can keep warm? That's the spirit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Europe is united? maybe for a few seconds, that Europe united is a shameful front, see the cracks happening in the next few months, above all when winter comes and we will need Russian gas more than ever

As Lacessit pointed out, your assertion that Russia isn't paying for it is nonsense.

As for the rest, can I hitch a ride in your time machine. I'm assuming that you aren't just offering predictions as evidence but have actually witnessed these events come to pass.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Russia's own Putin-approved economists are saying Russian GDP will shrink by 10% in the coming year, and that forecast is probably gilding the lily. That fact makes your statement Russia is not paying complete BS.

You would rather see Ukraine subjugated so you can keep warm? That's the spirit.

right, small Russia GDP etc... but still huge impact on all western GDPs and creating disruptive conditions for our recovery, so at the end Russia has us by the balls, and that's the elephant in the room

Ukraine is going to lose anyway, unless we want to start WW3, so what's the point waiting and killing more people. Zelensky will have to sign a peace deal eventually with Putin, he knows it, Putin knows it, everyone knows it, except the extremists in Ukraine and Europe.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That fact makes your statement Russia is not paying complete BS.

the point that you blatantly missed is they pay much less than we are, for the sole reasons that we are more strategically dependent on him than Putin is on us.

at the end of 2023, oil and gas will still be massively imported from Russia, simply because we have NO better alternatives despite claims by the anti-Russia crowd

we are strategically linked to Russia, and they are not going anywhere, so eventually we will have to make peace with them

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

the point that you blatantly missed is they pay much less than we are, for the sole reasons that we are more strategically dependent on him than Putin is on us.

at the end of 2023, oil and gas will still be massively imported from Russia, simply because we have NO better alternatives despite claims by the anti-Russia crowd

we are strategically linked to Russia, and they are not going anywhere, so eventually we will have to make peace with them

Rubbish.

Saudi Arabia is nowhere near pumping capacity. In fact they have spare capacity of one million barrels per day.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Rubbish.

The Arab nations, especially Saudi Arabia are nowhere near pumping capacity.

why would they finance the Biden/Putin war with cheap oil? they are better off cutting supplies,

Putin very happy too, any volume losses are compensated with a massive price hike

Biden is on the moon, got to sell a bunch of expensive toys to Ukraine with a massive loan. Win-Win.

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

why would they finance the Biden/Putin war with cheap oil? they are better off cutting supplies,

Putin very happy too, any volume losses are compensated with a massive price hike

Biden is on the moon, got to sell a bunch of expensive toys to Ukraine with a massive loan. Win-Win.

Man! Talk about ignorance. Biden has ALREADY convinced Saudi Arabia to start pumping more. The Saudis are more interested in keeping their allie the USA than more money.

• Haha 1

What, like your statement that we will all be buying Russian oil?

but we are buying Russian oil and gas until at least 2023 from a collective statement by the EU

we can make plans for stopping Russian and Gas, like we did in 2014 after the Crimea invasion

Did it happen? of course not ????

Man! Talk about ignorance. Biden has ALREADY convinced Saudi Arabia to start pumping more. The Saudis are more interested in keeping their allie the USA than more money.

right, like they have listened in the past. Hello? oil price this morning 120USD a barrel, yeah that announcement really worked ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

2 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

right, small Russia GDP etc... but still huge impact on all western GDPs and creating disruptive conditions for our recovery, so at the end Russia has us by the balls, and that's the elephant in the room

Ukraine is going to lose anyway, unless we want to start WW3, so what's the point waiting and killing more people. Zelensky will have to sign a peace deal eventually with Putin, he knows it, Putin knows it, everyone knows it, except the extremists in Ukraine and Europe.

You probably would have said the same thing about Hitler. Are you Chamberlain's love child?

Ukraine is not going to lose. Whether it has to cede the Donbas is moot; however, Russia has already lost. An economy without the ability to import spare parts, a banking system cut off from the world, and a demoralized military running out of tanks to burn. A population with a standard of living returned to the days of the USSR. The butcher's bill in Ukraine is already more than Russia had casualties in Afghanistan over 9 years. First time I have seen a dozen senior military commanders killed in battle, not to mention the purge of espionage personnel and generals back at the Kremlin.

Russia has nobody by the balls, except apologists and defeatists. The pivot away from dependence on Russian oil and gas is already happening, just as countries have started pivoting away from dependence on Chinese supply chains.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Russia has nobody by the balls, except apologists and defeatists. The pivot away from dependence on Russian oil and gas is already happening, just as countries have started pivoting away from dependence on Chinese supply chains.

let's talk again next year and see where we are ????

13 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Serious economists seriously disagree with you

image.png.7f8c63330550b9066a90cc805f8c5fcd.png

image.png.8068efa4066131a18e5bcbe16831a01b.png

image.png.27b13e85639cfbdf46f1629f7f5c1ccb.png

https://voxeu.org/article/potential-economic-effects-allied-trade-embargo-russia

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Neither Biden nor the US sold Ukraine anything. Those weapons are being given. Stop making things up.

What Does $40 Billion in Aid to Ukraine Buy?

https://www.csis.org/analysis/what-does-40-billion-aid-ukraine-buy

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Hitler wanted lebensraum to the East, Putin wants to restore the USSR all the way back to East Germany. Explain the difference to me.

that's a bit weak and dishonest for a comparison, Putin didn't start a world war. Need to be a bit more serious here. You are simply repeating Zelensky ridiculous propaganda.

Zelensky is a liability for peace in Ukraine, he is also Biden's man, so can't really trust him.

Without Biden, Zelensky is nothing. Even EU leaders are starting to be rattled by Zelensky ridiculously aggressive rhetoric.

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

now you are projecting wishful thinking, not going to happen.

Tried to buy a car recently? yeah China ????

Example: The Pentagon has bought up most of the rare earth production of Mt. Weld in Australia, to quit dependence on Chinese supply.

Yeah, I might buy a Chinese car, if I was dumb enough to believe the reliability would match that of established Japanese and Korean brands, and the servicing would not throw a customer under a bus. They are cheap for a reason.

48 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Nonsense.

Differences of opinion are not evidence of ‘a shameful front’ or ‘cracks’.

Europeans understand the consequences of appeasing an aggressive tyrant, Kremlin lead propaganda doesn’t disguise that fact.

4 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

that's a bit weak and dishonest for a comparison, Putin didn't start a world war. Need to be a bit more serious here. You are simply repeating Zelensky ridiculous propaganda.

Zelensky is a liability for peace in Ukraine, he is also Biden's man, so can't really trust him.

Without Biden, Zelensky is nothing. Even EU leaders are starting to be rattled by Zelensky ridiculously aggressive rhetoric.

I don't tolerate posters who call my honesty into question. You are on ignore now, goodbye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Example: The Pentagon has bought up most of the rare earth production of Mt. Weld in Australia, to quit dependence on Chinese supply.

Yeah, I might buy a Chinese car, if I was dumb enough to believe the reliability would match that of established Japanese and Korean brands, and the servicing would not throw a customer under a bus. They are cheap for a reason.

gee, you keep missing the points. Are you doing it on purpose? ????

delays for buying cars in Europe has increased to 3 to 6 months because their supply line is missing "chinese manufactured chips". Do you actually keep up with the news? I didn't mention buying Chinese cars.

You think rare earth production is going to help? who is going to manufacture all those toys with that rare earth? that's right China, not the US or Europe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

You asked for it

Why Biden is getting some praise from Republicans on his handling of Ukraine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/07/why-biden-is-getting-some-praise-republicans-his-handling-ukraine/

Poll: Biden Gets High Marks for Foreign Policy

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/05/14/poll-biden-foreign-policy-climate-china-russia/

Joe Biden’s indispensable leadership

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2022/03/12/joe-bidens-indispensable-leadership

‘Do the right thing’: How US, allies united to punish Putin

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-biden-business-europe-b20d71c150712fe2e6dc3d44af8d1268

You want more?

nah, 2 links were over 1 yr old, one I refused to access and the last one didn't say much. If you were to post the first five that pop up you'd be more honest. As I said before for a good laugh or cry, check out what the Saudis think 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Zelensky is a liability for peace in Ukraine, he is also Biden's man, so can't really trust him. Without Biden, Zelensky is nothing.

Yet more pro-Putin talking points.

Zelensky is the democratically  elected leader of a sovereign nation that has been invaded by a viscous tyrant.

Nothing at all to do with that Biden hate thing of yours.

2 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Fox knows the undereducated people are natural prey, easily manipulated targets for con men, scammers and  sitting ducks their propaganda. 

The viewers like to feel good about themselves when they believe they have access to information that other people don't necessarily have.

They convince themselves that everybody else is some kind of sheep. They are in possession of information that other people don't have and gives them a feeling of superiority when in fact, the world views them as massively ignorant. 

Since Trump left office CNN can't compete, too funny.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnn-promises-to-dodge-extremes-under-new-leadership

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing at all to do with that Biden hate thing of yours.

I don't hate Biden per se, he is actually doing a better job than I expected

I just think he is not the right man for the job, weak, flip-flop, unreliable.

I am a strong supporter of Obama. I think even Obama didn't like Biden much, I wonder why and what he knew to make him think like that ????

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

so anything that is questioning in balance Zelensky or the folly of wars is "pro-Putin". That sounds a bit "excessive" and "propagandist" in itself, don't you think?

maybe you should tell Macron is a pro-Putin, he would be really proud ????

So you don’t like being reminded that Zalensky is the democratically elected leader of a sovereign nation?

Or is it you don’t like being called out for repeating Kremlin propaganda?

Or both?