Public Health Ministry to propose revocation of body temperature checks in airports and public places

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

Bangkok – The Ministry of Public Health is planning to propose the cancellation of body temperature checks in public places to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), reasoning the low effectiveness and showing false results.

Dr. Rungruang Kitphati, a consultant at the Ministry of Public Health and chairman of the MIU (Ministry of Public Health – Intelligence Unit), said on Monday, June 13th, that the body temperature checks upon entering the country and public indoor places had been applied in the past due to the severity of the Covid-19 spread.

However, the current situation has greatly decreased as people are vaccinated and more than half of those who are infected only have mild symptoms or are asymptomatic.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/14/public-health-ministry-to-propose-revocation-of-body-temperature-checks-in-airports-and-public-places/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

Anyone else think that small gestures like this and TM6 temporary removal are timed distractions to  avoid what we all desired yesterday (with hope of announcement on Friday) of ridiculous outdoor mask mandate finally being dropped

Edited by mnomad
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Anyone else think that small gestures like this and TM6 temporary removal are timed distractions to  avoid what we all desired yesterday (with hope of announcement on Friday) of ridiculous outdoor mask mandate finally being dropped

No, it is probably unrelated.

People are not wearing masks much outside in the Pattaya area... most folks have more to worry about in their lives than this. 

It will be rescinded soon I expect, then you can come out from under the bed. 

Two stories I have of the wonderful temp sensors.

(1) A Thai guy walked into 7/11, sensor went off as over temp, he just walked in anyway and staff did nothing

(2) a bar customer tested at 32.6c, bar staff asked if he was dead as she then put her hand up and was 35.8

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

(1) A Thai guy walked into 7/11, sensor went off as over temp, he just walked in anyway and staff did nothing

(2) a bar customer tested at 32.6c, bar staff asked if he was dead as she then put her hand up and was 35.8

I always think back to some hung over guy going into a 7-11 in the morning and getting the beep from the temperature sensor, the young girl simply asked him to do it again as he had rushed it and he started a tirade on this hapless girl about how it was all BS. This was when a lot of people were dying and in fear of Covid. 

Most folks have behaved poorly during this pandemic.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

About time but did any of them actually work anyway ? A bit like the bomb detectors that made someone a lot of money I should think. Damn good scam while it lasted.

I think it's clear they never did, theatre and nothing more, the readings had enough variation from one second to the next that they might have been statistically random, this includes the big guns machines at malls - the ones with the 50" inch TV attached and primitive people detection software. Even if they did work on occasion it's unclear anyone knew what the procedure would be for out of range detection.

Most mitigation measures have been ridiculous during this pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I've triggered it myself, and also saw other people triggering it, nobody ever cared about it.

30 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

I always send these scanner things into freak-out mode when scanned because I'm so HOT hahahaha???? ... Hansum man don't ya know !!

If you put alcohol gel on before scanning this helps.

they are all unmanned for a long time, already pre-omicron. That except airports and some supermarkets with those big screens - most likely they will still be there, just put slightly to the side and without supervision, on an automatic mode.

Personally I don't scan temperature because I don't remember doing so on entrance, it not became my habit - unless security guy rushes towards me with his handheld thermometer. I head strait to counter or take queue number.

I live in the suburbs and it's different to the crowded town centres, so those measures are liberal and don't bother me much.

Thai people have became accustomed to them, will probably take months and years, before completely abandoned.

Masks will stay on voluntary basis, everybody has still a large stock of them

With barely 1800 cases nationwide, and under 20 deaths per day that are from Covid, or are Covid related, there is absolutely no reason for the emergency decree to remain in place, no reason for the continuation of the wearing of masks and no reason for ANY restrictions, whatsoever. Except political desperation and the extreme thirst for power.

Let Covid go. It is time. Enough is enough. We need to scrap the masks, the pass, and all other covid related nonsense.  

image.jpeg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

Well done Thailand one year after everybody else (bar china i expect)

Not so, lows differ wildly between countries. It was after omicron, around March, when changes started. In germany still masks on public transport as May. 

Asia is different than europe. 

Still, for thailand that was top of infections with potential to greatly increase after Songkran. Lucky for thailand black songkran scenario did not materialise. 

one think to be aware that majority of thai people support masking in public in dense populated areas. 
Foreigners would be blamed again as a source of infection if the next wave comes. A large part of population would be easily convinced by Anutin and nationalists  against welcoming tourists. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, mnomad said:

I think it's clear they never did, theatre and nothing more

That's Thailand. Image is everything. Ask everyone if they know of anyone who has been stopped from entering a store or building as they are 'over the limit' and I know what the answer would be. It's all for show.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, law ling said:

I see no harm in temperature scanning international airport arrivals - it was not uncommon pre-covid (in my experience)..

But yes, pointless at business entrances, which these days are commonly not even manned.

Of course, Thailand gets the airport scanners out each and every time there is some infection worry... we are on the monkey pox now aren't we? 

More general use is currently a waste of time, nobody is policing it anymore, the lady at the desk behind it is busy making some ornaments or something, the equivalent to knitting. 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:50 AM, internationalism said:

Not so, lows differ wildly between countries. It was after omicron, around March, when changes started. In germany still masks on public transport as May. 

Asia is different than europe. 

Still, for thailand that was top of infections with potential to greatly increase after Songkran. Lucky for thailand black songkran scenario did not materialise. 

one think to be aware that majority of thai people support masking in public in dense populated areas. 
Foreigners would be blamed again as a source of infection if the next wave comes. A large part of population would be easily convinced by Anutin and nationalists  against welcoming tourists. 

@internationalism i was talking about body temp checks in public places what the story is about!! not masks.   and body temp checks in public places was stopped a year ago in all of europe (yes i know asia are different, brainwashed!) and even oz and new zealand scrapped them a lot time ago as its now known a high temp is not even a  common symptom.      and going on to the subject of masks, i know the majority of thai people support masks because they have been brainwashed but it should still be the choice of the individual and not forced upon anyone.   Foreigners will always be blamed whether we was wearing masks or not, because Thailand never do anything wrong because that would be loss of face.  when in the real world part of life is doing things wrong and making mistakes.