No lifting of Thailand’s face masks in public mandate, some places may be exempted

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

I think ALL falang country where the falang roam are free now.  no masks in country of falang.

so falang, u no like like, u go home and no mask for falang.   up to you

Where do we send the Thais who don't wear masks though? The gulag? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

I think ALL falang country where the falang roam are free now.  no masks in country of falang.

so falang, u no like like, u go home and no mask for falang.   up to you

Where do we send the Thais who don't wear masks though? The gulag? 

12 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Please keep mask mandate for a few more years. Bought several 100 of them by mistake.

I'm comfortable in wearing them now and would feel naked outdoors without one on.

I will be wearing one outdoors if the mandate is lifted or not.

Have you not noticed the pollution excrement that collects on the outside of your mask that the mask has stopped going into your lungs?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I will no longer be wearing a mask outdoors. Science denial by adults is not an appealing trait, and we all need to show some civil disobedience in the face of oppression. 

Famous last words... in a foreign land.

• Haha 1

Would have thought they would give out a notice say for instance in 3 months the wearing of the face masks will be relaxed  in certain ares

That would give time for the shops storing the boxes of masks time to reduce their stock Holdings and not lose money ???? 

13 hours ago, 2long said:

Don't they understand that even if/when it is lifted, many Thais will still wear the stupid masks, and I reckon quite a lot of businesses will force or encourage staff and customers to, as well. It's not as if all of a sudden everyone will stop wearing (and more importantly buying) them.

someone is getting rich from PPE...any particular ministers come to mind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

I’ve been in the UK for a few weeks now and it took a while to get used to not wearing a mask. I’m returning to Thailand next week, and I will not be wearing one outside. I’ve complied completely with the rule for two years, but enough is enough. 

Does wearing a mask bother you so much. Just a piece of cloth over part of your face and it may save you and others lives. Is this your political expression. Meant no malice but personally think you should complied to local rules. At some point in the near future, it will be lifted. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, moogradod said:

You were just some seconds quicker saying that. What social purpose should it serve ? Something like "we all wear the same cap because we are all of the same united group", just like they do it in Japan and China ?

Thais, and most Asians, have a different set of values to Westerners. 

This is what determines different cultures. 

I prefer Thais to have a community spirit rather than the 'personal freedom' the Yanks strive and woke culture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have stopped wearing a mask outdoors as of June 15th, the date they originally promised. Enough is enough.

With the daily cases so low, there is no reason to wear a mask outdoors anymore, other than to keep the people scared and uncomfortable. 

Civil disobedience in the face of science denial and oppression, may be the only answer. 

Agree with not wearing a mask outdoors walking areas ect 

But will continue when visiting hospitals shopping Malls ect 

I take you do the same 

3 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Agree with not wearing a mask outdoors walking areas ect 

But will continue when visiting hospitals shopping Malls ect 

I take you do the same 

Yes, I will not be wearing a mask indoors because of safety, but rather to avoid scaring the locals into having heart attacks. Outdoors, is a completely different matter. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, I will not be wearing a mask indoors because of safety, but rather to avoid scaring the locals into having heart attacks. Outdoors, is a completely different matter. 

yes, the paranoia in the thais is still quite strong. I still see quite of few double masked outside.

I went maskless outdoors this week, and I have experienced more than a few thais sharply veering away from me as far as possible when they notice I am not masked.

• Haha 2