Are jeans and chinos adapted to Thailand ?

Shorts every day here in Samui.

The only time I wear trousers here is to fly back to UK, or if we go to a fancy restaurant. Which is very rare.

I have a couple of pairs of lightweight, loose linen trousers, which are fairly comfortable.

How the young Thais and Burmese can walk around in this heat in those skin tight stretchy jeans, I don't know.

• Like 2

Trousers , too hot for Thailand ; I wear always shorts and T-shirts, except for my embassy and immigration

I have found T-shirts ( from Lazada, made in China ) excellent for this climate ( I bought 15 of them ) 

19 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Trousers , too hot for Thailand ; I wear always shorts and T-shirts, except for my embassy and immigration

I have found T-shirts ( from Lazada, made in China ) excellent for this climate ( I bought 15 of them ) 

Anything 'microfiber' = quick dry stuff is good for this climate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Are you wearing jeans or chinos in Thailand ? (Levi's 501, Dockers Flex, that kind of stuff)

How are your nuts coping ?

Share your experience ????

Thx

Oh! Once again the big foreigner with huge cohones/cojones is pointing out how small size the average Thai is by referring to problem wearing clothes. Fantastic! I assume you have great knowledge about Thai men´s testicles, then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yea, the heavy jeans don't get much wear here, unless up N or NE in cool seasons.

More relevant ... boxers - briefs - or native.   Use to be native or boxers, but now, in TH, it's briefs.  Keeping things close, less contact, less friction, less sweat ... ????

And that collared shirt (I rarely do Ts), not buttoned or tucked in, unless heading indoors to a business.   Never go without a shirt, bit of a fur ball at times ????, but can get way with the unbuttoned shirt, as surfside, and playing tourist.    Need that air circulating when walking.   If on the scooter, button the bottom button, and it forces the air around my back.  Makes a huge difference staying cool.

Waiting for rainy season to kick in again.  The early blasts were great for the AQI, now need a break from the sun.  The other day was beautiful, blue skies, puffy white clouds, but brutal:

288016317_1623917554652123_8541800740822824261_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh! Once again the big foreigner with huge cohones/cojones is pointing out how small size the average Thai is by referring to problem wearing clothes. Fantastic! I assume you have great knowledge about Thai men´s testicles, then.

I'm just worrying about my balls under tropical stress, that's all.

All that heat could lead to fungi quatro fromaggio or even sterilization ! ????

19 minutes ago, Seppius said:

I wear jeans or long trousers if I go out at night, black jeans look great. One reason is I have short fat hairy legs, another mosquitos love me.

Plenty of guys do if you look around,

The only time I wear long pants (not heavy jeans), is for mozzy protection, or doing visa extension.

Rarely cool enough locally (PKK) to where jeans, only if out & about up N or NE.

4 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Are you wearing jeans or chinos in Thailand ? (Levi's 501, Dockers Flex, that kind of stuff)

Share your experience ????

Thx

I am wearing long jeans all the time. 

And I wear boxer shorts below those jeans. I think they are the important part which make this comfortable.

No, I don't want to look like that.

00_story.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The choice of suits, chinos, jeans, shorts depend on the activity.

Meaning:

1. Business: either suit or smart casual (= chinos (or dark jeans) + shirt with blazer)

2. Leisure: casual (= jeans + polo t-shirt with or without jacket) or easy going (= short + polo t-shirt)

3. Home / work from home: casual (short + t-shirt)

YMMV

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

I dunno why we're always pretending that nobody wears, or can wear, jeans or chinos in Western countries during the summers, many days of which are often just as hot as Thailand. Often heard as an excuse why one simply MUST wear shorts to the air-conditioned Immigration office.

Because summers there can also be quite hot, all the manufacturers offer lighter weight jeans for purchase, and they are commonly worn in the summer, NOT just in the cooler seasons. No need for any nonsensical special "adaptation" to Thailand.

And people's nuts cope just as well here as they cope in Western countries during the summers. Why not?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

I'm just worrying about my balls under tropical stress, that's all.

All that heat could lead to fungi quatro fromaggio or even sterilization ! ????

Sometimes we have guys who normally wear shorts (being Brits) asking about fungi down there. OTC creams and powders available to handle that. One guy found a great solution: extra drying with a paper towel and use a hair dryer around the crotch after showering. The gf and I stay naked in the condo, so plenty of air circulating.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1