Video: Thai cyclist left injured after coming off just 40 meters from the finish line - police report filed

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: Banned by association for a year

A clip posted to the site "Hia Khap Rot" (water monitor driving) showed the end of the royally sponsored Sport Tourism Bike 4 All event in Phichit on Sunday.

It showed one cyclist reaching out to another who nearly fell then one man coming off his bike just meters from the tape. 

The Cycling Association of Thailand has issued a one year ban to a rider; Sanook didn't name him.

image.jpeg

Picture: Sanook

Instead they went to Chonburi to meet up with Jakkraphat, 20, who suffered injury and 50,000 baht's worth of damage to his bike putting in jeopardy his participation in the second circuit of the event in Chonburi next month.

He wants the person responsible to compensate him and face up to what he did.

A report has been filed with the Samed police in Chonburi after the incident that Jakkraphat said occurred just 40 meters from the finish line when he was in seventh place. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Not sure that it was intentional but the rider is an idiot you do not weave around on your bike.  You ride a str8 line yes when you start to really pump your bike will sway but you are supposed to make sure that you have control of it.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I take it riders here are not sponsored by bike shops.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Wow .......... pretty expensive bit of equipment.

50k baht damage is expensive, but truth be known the bike would have cost considerably more. My all graphite road bike was 62k baht. These guys that compete at that level would be paying hundreds of thousands of baht for their bikes.

• Like 1

I used to put tacks all over the road, except on the very far left side......riders thought I was crazy riding there, then everyone flatted and I won!!!!!  

Next year I used lasers to flat everyone's tires.

A good bike is 100,000.......new wheels maybe 60,000 more........

winning....priceless!!!  

Even bike racing without complete jerks is super dangerous.......but NOT as dangerous as driving a motorbike in Thailand.  #fact

17 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Thai style man. Few months ago a footballer didn't like what another did, decided an elbow to the face was appropriate.

My guess is that some fine parenting leads to such behavior.

8b4f157ffaca5605.jpg

Well I think the cycling a r s e h o l e would feel quite at home on the football/soccer pitch with what the players get away with today with some fouls considered as 'good' fouls.

I've got no skin in the game and find the cycle racing fraternity quite hilarious. Most are usually doped up and think they are in the Tour de France. Looks to me like the downed biker thought he was Neymar (Brazilian footballer known for taking a dive). It did happen fast and the aggressive rider was being a tosser but then after driving in London with suicidal cyclists (MAMILS) everywhere it comes as no surprise. Get up and get over it IMO.