Grab Thailand urges government assistance after Land Transport Department cancels service of private motorcyclists

snoop1130

In my small Village = 1 x older guy uses his old scooter at weekends to deliver Grab [puts on Grab waistcoat and bag on back]  in the week his Wife uses the scooter, sometimes there son....

another boy 17 does a delivery or 2 after school.......  so they must stop earning a bit extra cash ?

Most motorbikes deliveries many times a day are from 7/11..........  Big C - Free home deliveries are made by Grab to me has always been same old guy on a very old motorbike

All have white plates.

Well It's Not Ignorance, Is It (?)

A Sudden Imposition Affecting So Many Thai Workers (?)

With No 'Grace Period' (?)

Who Is Pulling The Strings (?)

Who Will Benefit From Such A Move (?)

Someone In Competition, I Imagine (?)

It's fair enough when it's free competition; the basic regulation shall be the same for all, so either all can do commercial person transportation in private vehicles, or all shall do it in licensed vehicles with hopefully both security checks and insurance cover...????

8 minutes ago, BusyB said:

It's quite sad to see how many on this thread think that a 7 day working week to earn a living wage is quite OK.

I think working 7 day is disgusting hence my previous posts based upon a 5 day week clearly shows with as little as 10 deliveries a day they are earning more than min wage and working a whole lot less harder for it.

In saying that Thai labour law basically dictates a working week to be 6 days.

Edited by Ralf001

16 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Another typical Thai BS to get more money from Grab. 

Or Another typical Thai BS to get more money for Grab. I suspect they sent the same notice to all delivery services. 

Grab are the only ones complaining to the media. I wonder why?

I can't see it working the same as mocy taxis. They are only allowed to work from their designated place. How could a Grab/FoodPanda et al rider register. they would have to register from a fixed local food provider? That restricts their services. The land Transport needs a separate sub-class for delivery rather than taxi.

What about all the Chiatown Vespa delivery guys?

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I can't see it working the same as mocy taxis. They are only allowed to work from their designated place. How could a Grab/FoodPanda et al rider register. they would have to register from a fixed local food provider? That restricts their services. The land Transport needs a separate sub-class for delivery rather than taxi.

What about all the Chiatown Vespa delivery guys?

This is not about food delivey peeps though.

GrabBike is a taxi service.

• Like 1

This is just another in the thousands of examples, of this spectacularly toxic administration, being thoroughly useless to the people. Alot of jobs are at stake here. By hard working people providing a great service to us all. 

Out with the Dino creep squad. In with a much needed, and productive youth. 

Goodbye Prayuth. We all sense your hotly anticipated end. You will not be missed. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I see it as purely a Thai matter, no need for any of the T.V.F to get concerned . unless of course your wife or Gf  work for grab  in which case you should be ashamed of yourself

Why?

Let her do something as well.
Better, then sitting all day on the phone, chatting to friends, family and brothers and often gambling and buying useless things online.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I see it as purely a Thai matter, no need for any of the T.V.F to get concerned . unless of course your wife or Gf  work for grab  in which case you should be ashamed of yourself

Stupid Utter Nonsense why should anybody be ashamed if their partner works ?  My wife works because she wants to. some have work ethics and i'm happy my wife does. Should she also feel ashamed bcoz her son delivers Pizzas. Jeez.

• Like 1

Grab should be forced to regulate their industry or shut down. Unroadworthy motocy's, noise pollution, riding on footpaths, riding the wrong way on roads, abusing other road users and pedestrians. Yes, these are typical Thai motoring things behaviours  with some people but Grab has an opportunity to enforce standards and create positive transport etiquete by example. Instead its just another Thai cowboy outfit, just like the other delivery companies.

43 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Stupid Utter Nonsense why should anybody be ashamed if their partner works ?  My wife works because she wants to. some have work ethics and i'm happy my wife does. Should she also feel ashamed bcoz her son delivers Pizzas. Jeez.

Bet she doesn't work for grab though.   So the comment is irrelevant to you.  I stand by what I said

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

What about 7/11 and BigC deliveries how will this affect those ? 

This is not about food deliveries. It's about GrabBike, where the riders are working as motorcycle taxi drivers, transporting passengers, not delivering food.

GrabBike is described by Grab on their website as an "On-demand Motorcycle Ride Taxi Service."