Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 100,000 baht allegedly stolen by two transgender individuals in Pattaya

webfact

Best that I can recall, many years ago, I needed a specific rider (amendment) on my homeowners policy to cover particularly valuable items like women's jewelry (rings, necklaces, designer pocketbook, etc). and evidence to its worth (receipt/appraisal). There was also some restrictions on their use. Travel was ok, but not covered while white-water rafting for instance. If these are really scams I assume they need to put all those things in place on their policies as well? 

25 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

The price seems to be going up for these necklaces?

It seems only Indians wear these necklaces, and  it seems only lady boys/transgenders steal them?

Is this a coincidence? LOL

At Suvarnabuhmi new lanes available:

Indians: right lane

Indians with necklaces: fast lane, turn left.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

An investigation inspector Pol. Lt. Col. Nattawat Ploenchit received a theft report early this morning at 1:30 AM, June 22nd. The foreign complainant claimed his gold necklace worth 100,000 baht was stolen while he was out for an evening of relaxation in front of a hotel on Pattaya Second Road in the Nong Prue subdistrict of Banglamung, Chonburi. 

I believe that as much as I do he lost a necklace.

Just now, Sydebolle said:

The katoeys defrocking Indian gold buntings again ......... ring Delhi and tell them to bring some new ideas - the gold theft is meanwhile definitely past glory! 

Next it will be watches. Stolen fake Rolex. It is well known that apart from wearing 3 baht of gold round their necks they often wear their 400,000 THB + watches. No flies on these Indians. But you can see where they have been ????

• Like 1

A friend of mine from ozz legitimately got his gold necklace stolen and the insurance company said as it was stolen in a public place so they wouldn't payout even though he had reciepts I guess Indian insurance companies are more forgiving and in Australia like all insurance companies they don't like paying out

Assuming this is true and it may or may not be for a whole bunch of well known reasons, the notion of wearing 100k jewelry during a 'night of relaxation on 2nd Road' is ludicrous.

Must be easy for the ladyboys, they can get them with their eyes closed. You either have arabs with half a bottle parfume on them or indians that smell, to know there is a 50% chance of one wearing a golden necklace or watch to show off.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

Must be easy for the ladyboys, they can get them with their eyes closed. You either have arabs with half a bottle parfume on them or indians that smell, to know there is a 50% chance of one wearing a golden necklace or watch to show off.

Not all ladyboys are like that fortunately and even if it were true about these Indians having there gold stolen, and I very much doubt it,  I wouldn't put it past a local rascal to put his girlfriend's dress on and then go and rob an Indian so it appeared to be a ladyboy.

2 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

He has style.

A gold necklace, 2000 karat, worth millions and his designer gold mask made by Fucci.

Insured at: New Delhi necklace insurance company.

FC0C6149-A825-4152-BE19-62C7010FD10F_4_5005_c.jpeg

I used to employ that man as an insurance conman ????, had to sack him though because he would never wash that vest.

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

Just now, RafPinto said:

Next week, I will spend a few days in Pattaya.
Saved up for a few months and want to party in style.

All covered by my insurance.

D515A8C0-2F5E-4CF0-8EB6-7CDFE873393C_4_5005_c.jpeg

Can see that is the western model rather than the Indian or Thai, go on an enjoy big fella ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Again?? why are they not found by the police...It seems that it are the same and with cameras everywhere it should be possible to find them... but......

Post said  8th report of neclaces stolen from Indians, seems more like the 10th..   BS I think. Need to have warnings   at bus station/airport  do not wear gold neclaces in Pattaya.  Police should give flyers out  to hotels  to give to tourists ( especially Indian ) stating do not wear  gold neclaces on streets of  Pattaya.

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wow, 100k baht gold necklace. 

I'm looking forward to the 500,000 baht gold necklace theft by transgender.......news report. 

Won't be long. 

my be as thick as my Yep..for 100.000

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Somehow I would be surprised if insurances pay for this - but maybe I am wrong. 

Feel the same way. Insurance coverage on your gold necklace while travelling in Thailand seems pretty unlikely to me. 

I know this may sound cold. But, anyone wearing valuable gold, out on the streets of Pattaya at night, towards the end of a 2 year long pandemic which has seen unemployment, and homelessness skyrocketing, and incomes plummeting, has to be considered a fool, and does not have my sympathy. 

Darwin was right. The theory of natural selection, means we all have to exhibit certain survival skills, to thrive in this world. Self protection is just one of those skills. Some have it, some do not. Those who do not are prey for the darker spirits who live like vampires, feeding on the misfortune of others. 

• Like 1

Quite apart from the stupidity of wearing such an expensive necklace at night in an entertainment area, if indeed that was the case, I would have expected the clasp on a 100,000 baht necklace to be suitably robust, which would make it difficult to forcibly remove without the wearer being aware of it at the time.

As an absolute minimum, the insurance companies must surely be requesting proof of purchase with a receipt.  Perhaps, in future, just as they do in the UK when refusing a pay-out in a household burglary when the owner has left his door unlocked, here they will start to refuse claims for jewellery insufficiently protected when stolen, by either being hidden, or heavily clasped or under a certain value. 

3 hours ago, Silencer said:

Best that I can recall, many years ago, I needed a specific rider (amendment) on my homeowners policy to cover particularly valuable items like women's jewelry (rings, necklaces, designer pocketbook, etc). and evidence to its worth (receipt/appraisal). There was also some restrictions on their use. Travel was ok, but not covered while white-water rafting for instance. If these are really scams I assume they need to put all those things in place on their policies as well? 

Probably they purchase supplemental travel insurance and the insurance agent is probably in on it too.  

• Like 1