Driver survives after his motorbike catches fire while driving down Patong Hill

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – A driver has survived after his motorbike caught fire while he was driving down Patong Hill.

The Patong Police was notified of the incident last night (June 24th) near the Suwan Khiri Wong Temple on Phra Baramee Road in Patong.

Police and firefighters from the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation from the Patong Municipality with a fire engine arrived at the scene to find the motorbike was heavily ablaze. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/06/25/driver-survives-after-his-motorbike-catches-fire-while-driving-down-patong-hill/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-06-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, mwbrown said:

He probably rode the brakes all the way down the hill overheating them.

My parents had a bed & breakfast at the base of Whiteface Mountain in upstate New York.  Tourists would regularly get to the bottom of the hill with smoke pouring off the brakes.

That was my thought too, when you know the hill there....

Maybe it was bad karma from failing to honk his horn as he passed the temple at the top of the hill.  I only made that mistake once, out of ignorance, after that I learned to honk like a local every single time.  And actually it did make me feel perceptibly safer.  Also no hint of fire, not even once.

• Haha 1

From the full story in Phuket Express:

At this stage, it is believed that the motorbike caught fire from a battery which was just fully charged was put under the motorbike seat. The cost of damages is estimated at about 30,000 baht.” 

Edited by jchfriis