Is Roe v Wade just the beginning ?

The link does not work, access denied.

To your question; The US has massively regressed ever since electing trump president and stacking the SCOTUS with religious zealots.

I don't see how that will change unless the women and young people wake the heck up and start voting in elections. Let's hope that something good can come out of the moronic decision to cancel Roe v. Wade and that they do so during the mid-terms, giving the Dems a proper majority so that they can get rid of the filibuster and expand the SCOTUS to counteract the wildly out of touch regressionists presently forming the majority of the court members.

If this does not happen then I don't how see the US can continue as a nation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

As a Brit looking in from the outside, the US is accelerating backwards through time ...

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "Jack Cocchiarella @JDCocchiare'la Today, SCOTUS ended the constitutional right to abortion, saying it should be left to the states. Yesterday, SCOTUS imposed a constitutional right to concealed carry firearms, saying it shouldn' be left to the states. Guns have more rights than women in America."

why the fuss, abortion has not been banned for good it's just up to the individual states to decide. Women in a banned state just have to get on a bus to a liberal one. They will just have to keep their knickers on or use contraceptives until it's clear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Americans are very good at many things, being sensible is not one of them. A nation with any sense would get rid of the Electoral College anachronism, and nullify every Trump appointment to the Supreme Court.

All I can see with the current stacking of the Supreme Court is a couple of decades of regression and legal challenges, the lawyers must be delighted.

IMO the only sensible thing the Supreme Court did was to tell Trump to get lost when he tried to enlist them during the 2020 election count.

I can highly recommend this article.

How the Christian right took over the judiciary and changed America | Abortion | The Guardian

It is interesting that not too long ago abortion was not a big issue, even with the right. And then that changed...

This is all about a lot more than just abortion.

I am not an expert on this and I know The Guardian has a certain reputation. But is also has a reputation for interesting articles. Just read it, it's interesting.

And good luck I am not an American and I never want to visit that strange country.

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A nation with any sense would get rid of the Electoral College anachronism, and nullify every Trump appointment to the Supreme Court.

It seems you missed the part that about 70,000,000 Americans still support Trump and want him to be president again.

It seems some liberals like to see this wonderful USA with all those great ideas and those great people. Yes, sure, that part exist. But there is also this huge other part.

What we see in America is not that a few people took over this wonderful country. No! It's more like many Americans feel free to show their true colors. We are white, we are christians and we don't like all those others!

P.S: It seems I have to clarify that I am not American and I am not right-wing. Above is my interpretation of the situation. I don't support what is going on over there. I just watch from the outside.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
PS added

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you missed the part that about 70,000,000 Americans still support Trump and want him to be president again.

It seems some liberals like to see this wonderful USA with all those great ideas and those great people. Yes, sure, that part exist. But there is also this huge other part.

What we see in America is not that a few people took over this wonderful country. No! It's more like many Americans feel free to show their true colors. We are white, we are christians and we don't like all those others!

Not liking all those others is actually racist bigotry. Can't you see that?

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not liking all those others is actually racist bigotry. Can't you see that?

I just added a PS to what I wrote above.

Yes, I see that this is racist and I don't support it. But many many Americans support it. We should not pretend that there is a crazy small minority of them. There are many many millions of them - and they are winning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

If anyone thinks these dog whistle scare tactics is going to sway voters away from caring about their pocketbook come mid terms will work? I can only laugh.

dog whistle scare tactics by who, the supreme court judge announcing possible further restriction on contraception and gay marriage?

30 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Time for the Supreme Court to be aborted long before its term ends.  No need to argue whether it's sufficiently developed to be classed as human or intelligent yet, it's clearly neither.

Stuck with them but they've lost all credibility now 

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

P.S: It seems I have to clarify that I am not American and I am not right-wing. Above is my interpretation of the situation. I don't support what is going on over there. I just watch from the outside.

IMO Trump has about 30-40 million diehard supporters that will believe anything that comes out of his mouth, no matter how far from the truth that is.

IMO the SC reversal will rebound badly on Republicans, IIRC women are voters too. They will take note of the states that proceed to a ban ( Republican again ) and make their feelings known at the ballot box.

Bottom line the USA is going full on fascist via the Banana Republicans and a real civil war including regional separations is not out of the question. Putin and Xi's dream. Watch America commit national suicide. How convenient for them.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

My thoughts- the Supreme Court of the USA  is an abortion in it's own right.

would like to see any of them (judges) reaction if one of their feminine family got raped/abused and end up pregnant

2 hours ago, proton said:

why the fuss, abortion has not been banned for good it's just up to the individual states to decide. Women in a banned state just have to get on a bus to a liberal one. They will just have to keep their knickers on or use contraceptives until it's clear.

why the fuss??? America is supposed to be (at least that's what they claim all the time when they sing their anthem " O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?") if that's the case people should have the right to chose whatever they want,  abortion or no abortion, free choice, free speech

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

They really don't care. People with money or good paying jobs in corporations are not affected by this decisions. They can always go to a neighboring states or even to Canada or Mexico and get it done. It only affects the financially  disadvantaged people. I am sure there will be organization in the future like underground railroad. It's a shame for America and Americans that we have to resort to a 19th century tool to free people because they are financially disadvantaged. It's a dark day for America and for all Americans. Today, I'm ashamed to be an American

Funny, I'm always proud to be an American and I wasn't born there. You have to decide who you are when the line gets drawn.