Ex-deputy commerce minister sentenced to death for kidnap and murder

webfact

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I watched the reconstruction when they drove a car into said tree.

A totally evil guy, but I must admit the scheme he came up with is pretty clever. Surprised he got nabbed. Well done the RTP for once, I am wondering how they were so motivated in this case?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

All five, including Banyin, were accused of abducting Veerachai from the court and holding him as hostage, as they allegedly negotiated with the judge, Panida, to acquit Banyin of charges of conspiring with others to steal shares worth several hundreds of millions of baht from a billionaire contractor, Chuwong sae Tang. The incident took place in 2020.

Butter wouldn't melt.... 

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

A totally evil guy, but I must admit the scheme he came up with is pretty clever. Surprised he got nabbed. Well done the RTP for once, I am wondering how they were so motivated in this case?

The brother of a top judge killed helped keep the interest going?

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he had plenty of serious enemies within the force and wouldn't be surprised if he also had many scaly unethical helpful buddies in the force. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I watched the reconstruction when they drove a car into said tree.

I hear they went through 5 convicts gang pressed into posing as Banyin's passenger before they finally had a reasonably good idea of what really had happened during that alleged "accident". 

he has also murdered in road accident the very billionaire Chuwong sae Tang, from whom he stole earlier 250mln in shares.

Sentenced to death, later reduced to live in January 2021.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30401525

including his own wife, that would be 3 murders all done in a similar fashion. Serving as a senior traffic police officer gave him some ideas to play. 

His former wife couldn't drive a car, yet she was found dead in a driver seat, with Banyin in passenger seat just slightly injured

He was in Phua Thai government in 2008. What was his competence to get that ministerial post? 

Edited by internationalism

On 7/4/2022 at 9:54 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Seize everything the guy owns, give it all to the victims family, and put him in a common everyday cellblock in the worst prison Thailand has to offer for the rest of his life, with no possibility of parole. 

Point taken, however people like this have friends in high places, it's part of how they operate. And there's a good chance they are all involved in scams etc., so 'I scratch your back and you scratch my back' quickly comes into the picture. 

Also, there's plenty of examples of very guilty folks just walking away. E.g. Maybe 20 years ago Thai Dr. of medicine convicted of murdering his wife and burning her body.

Judge found him quilty but said 'he is a doctor of medicine and very valuable to the community so I cannot put him in jail'. The dr. walked away, no further action taken.