Government bigwigs at Bangkok Airport to launch 'endemic era' scheme to boost tourism confidence

webfact

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Hug Eat Fly Travel

Why would you want to eat a huge fly before travelling? Has airline food got even worse, lol?

All the baby mice are needed to feed the school kids, so what's left for the travellers are only flies...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

3 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

If 'face nappies' were in common use in the UK maybe they could reduce the horrendous infection figures there - 21,000 new infections a day and 87 new deaths a day. (source: Worldometer)

You believe there are only 2,000 cases a day in Thailand ?

• Like 2

I don't get it. Who do I have to hug?:--

My travel agent?

The check-in person?

The departure security agent(s)?

The departure Immigration officer?

The airline Cabin Staff?

The Pilot?

The other passengers?

The baggage handlers wreckers?

The Immigration stampers-in?

The Customs officers?

The taxi rank agents mafia

Hotel reception?

All of the above?

........before I can eat, fly and/or travel!

Oh, I get it now, nothing has changed.

4 hours ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

Why do all govt. ministers and officials wear military style uniforms? It's bizarre

No Paratrooper Wings on this one - surely he is not qualified to make a speech at an airport in thailand???

056c6c33a613675f76302b19dfcc6617a0903d66a913da77da54a8b3e27bed2f.jpg.455d32b911a21212ff48dd4c344c4b98.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm am looking forward to mask free airports and flights.... in about 2030. I am pretty sure I caught covid either on a flight or transiting Bangkok while complying with all this nonsense and inconvenience - so better just run the risk and be comfortable while traveling. Masks do not seem to make a difference - so lets at least be comfortable.

5 hours ago, Moon6966 said:

When i left Thailand and landed in Bahrain it was like leaving 1 planet and arriving in another on my transfer 

No masks not even the official people 

Not in the duty free 

I really try to look between passengers and workers and uniform personnel 

But nobody was wearing masks hardly anyway 

And on the next flight same the air host workers on the plane no mask 

Arrived in my country no mask either 

Thailand live in the past 

what is an air host worker?  Do you mean hostess and steward or is it an immigrant who spends all his time in the air?

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

Hug Eat Fly Travel

Why would you want to eat a huge fly before travelling? Has airline food got even worse, lol?

I'm sure that should be

420 Hug Eat Fly Travel 

7 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

If 'face nappies' were in common use in the UK maybe they could reduce the horrendous infection figures there - 21,000 new infections a day and 87 new deaths a day. (source: Worldometer)

Again, you make the common mistake of saying the UK, when the Covid response is down to each of the four nations and their regional assemblies. For instance, Wales is now looking to reintroduce mask-wearing in their NHS hospitals, whereas the other three nations do not. Besides, the 87 new deaths a day you quote doesn't mean they all died of Covid, only with it. In addition, the number of daily death figures have remained pretty constant throughout the last couple of months with no excess deaths from Covid since Omicron arrived. For instance, on April 13, 2022, there were 651 deaths recorded in the UK (source: Worldometer). Did you get all worked up over that figure on April 13th, too? You'd have to go back to March this year to see a bigger increase in that number, and still that was nowhere near the peak levels of January 2021.

The real story is there have been nearly 6,500 more deaths than usual in England and Wales from causes other than COVID-19 in the eight weeks since April 23rd, the latest data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

Call me a cynic but this new scaremongering seems to coincide with a new 'super booster' Covid vaccine from Moderna which could be approved for use in UK within days and rolled out in September. 

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

There’s more to life than minimising risk. I’d far prefer to be living in the UK than Thailand at this time (or in Australia where I am now).

You think so? Wait till you see the electricity bills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LookMoo said:

Face-mask offer very limited protection against virus. No maker of face-masks claims that their products protects against virus. Face-mask was invented by the Chinese to protect against bacteria infection.  Yeas, we have a surge. Why this is coming is explained by virologist "Dr. Doome" (Geert Vanden Bossche). But short: those whom have taken vaccine may have a immune system that does not react on infections as it believe that the "useless" vaccines antibodies will do the job. This give the infection (Omicron) time to manifest before the immune system finds out that it must start to produce natural antibodies. The only protection left for many of the vaccinated is to take antiviral (just like Dr. Fauci currently do).

Face masks were invented by the Chinese?

Something tells me you’re not a doctor, or at least not one I would go to.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

There’s more to life than minimising risk. I’d far prefer to be living in the UK than Thailand at this time (or in Australia where I am now).

Why particularly? What problems do you face in Thailand.... we know the UK is awash with issues and Australia's biggest city is under water. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Why particularly? What problems do you face in Thailand.... we know the UK is awash with issues and Australia's biggest city is under water. 

Sorry, I know you’re a face mask worshipper, but I’d far prefer to be living in a place like the UK or Australia where you don’t have to cover your face in public like some unfortunate woman in a fundamentalist Islamic country. If that means I have a slightly higher risk of being infected with a virus that has virtually no chance of killing me, so be it. If others want to wear N95 masks, good luck to them. I’ve had 3 shots of quality vaccines, again my choice, and I’ll be getting a fourth, but I’m totally opposed to forcing others to get vaccinated.

The only parts of Sydney that are underwater are those areas that have always been susceptible to floods, and that I remember being flooded from my childhood long ago.

• Thanks 1

Aside from mask and booster craze,do they watch interntional news ?
Do they realize the increase of cost of living in the rest of the world ?
Ohhh, I am wrong ! Foreigners have vacation all year and endless money. When will I learn ...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, charmonman said:

Face masks were invented by the Chinese?

Something tells me you’re not a doctor, or at least not one I would go to.

I think it was used several thousand years ago in China. Well before European started to use the famous "bird" mask.
European version

It actually really smart the "pecker" is a low resistant filter stuffed with hay and herbs. Face mask is usually effective only for stopping "droplets" and bacterial infections.

Edited by LookMoo