Save time without TM6? Not with this immigration....

7 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I requested a TM-6 form but the nice lady said they were no longer required.

At this point in time.

Due to "suspension"

Stay tuned for future issues when dealing with immigration on the front lines..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

This morning, Swampy immigration, no TM6 (I asked in plane, they don't have them anymore), should save time, right?

WRONG!!! First of all, don't throw away your boarding card, now immigration wants to see it. Then you get asked where you live, you have to write the address down on your boarding card (above your name), THEN the boarding card gets scanned in, while you scan your fingers (4 right, 4 left, 2 thumbs) and have your pic taken.

Overall process is LONGER! You have to write down almost all the information previous on TM6 on your boarding card or on a piece of paper, most people don't have a pen or don't find their boarding card no more... 

I came in July 3, did not write anything. Handed over passport, boarding card, and my evisa. Everything done quickly. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I think the need to show your boarding card isn't new.

They've had it on their list of requirements for the past 5 or 6 years, if I recall, though obviously they've never been able to enforce it 100%, since plenty of people have lost or thrown away their boarding pass by the time they reach the counter. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What do they intend to do when boarding pass is a QR code on one's mobile?

Exactly.  I do remember asked for my boarding pass when I reentered the country on Feb 26 this year along with the TM6.  I showed it to him on my Delta App.  Hard to write anything on my electronic copy to hand them nowadays since the TM6 is scrapped now.  I envision a QR Code App or App one will need to fill out on there phones upon entering the country j6st like we did when travelling into Phuket, leaving Phuket, Flying into Chizng Mai and then when flying out during Covid times.  If that happens then they have not really scrapped the TM6. 

4 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

My boarding card story. Arrived at BKK and the first immigration hall was heaving. Did the old trick and went to check out the other hall. Still busy but waiting anyway. Got to the desk to be refused service and informed that on my flight, the passengers had to use the other hall.

Interesting.  I know they did that at Don Muang (before Suvarnabhumi opened).  Didn't know that was the case at Suvarnabhumi now.

53 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly.  I do remember asked for my boarding pass when I reentered the country on Feb 26 this year along with the TM6.  I showed it to him on my Delta App.  Hard to write anything on my electronic copy to hand them nowadays since the TM6 is scrapped now.  I envision a QR Code App or App one will need to fill out on there phones upon entering the country j6st like we did when travelling into Phuket, leaving Phuket, Flying into Chizng Mai and then when flying out during Covid times.  If that happens then they have not really scrapped the TM6. 

Time to relaunch a new (free) Thailand pass similar to what other countries like Korea and Singapore do. No more messing around with forms, pens, illegible writing and missing info.

Fill out everything on your mobile.  Please do it right next time Thailand,  cant be too hard!

Paper forms should be reserved as a back up for the aged, or ill/ feeble minded people who need to travel with minders

Edited by Captain Monday

21 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Time to relaunch a new (free) Thailand pass similar to what other countries like Korea and Singapore do. No more messing around with forms, pens, illegible writing and missing info.

Fill out everything on your mobile.  Please do it right next time Thailand,  cant be too hard!

Paper forms should be reserved as a back up for the aged, or ill/ feeble minded people who need to travel with minders

The US has such an app for entry but it's not mandatory and it's run by the CBP. It's this: However it is for US and Canadian Citizens.  All others must enter through the regular Immigration lines for foreigners.

image.thumb.png.42c31895b6cc4647da7f629e7bd2379b.png

18 hours ago, PJ71 said:

This will be fun for people who have no hotel bookings.

Or staying with friennds / family and not familiar of address.

Years ago I always used to put I was staying at the Royal Palace on the landing card. Shows you they never read the thing!!!!????????????????????????????????

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

Years ago I always used to put I was staying at the Royal Palace on the landing card. Shows you they never read the thing!!!!????????????????????????????????

Make sure you include a room number in the Royal Palace. I have had immigration officials pull me up for a failure to include this.

Since TM6 is no longer used does this present a problem for the person setting up my TM 30 online ? I am going to office in my building to get this done tomorrow and don’t want to run into a roadblock because I have no TM 6.

Maybe I will avoid going out of Thailand until some people filing TM7, TM8, TM30 or TM47 forms report on their experiences doing so without a TM6 entry card. Will an entry stamp in the passport suffice? 

Edited by placnx

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:
5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What do they intend to do when boarding pass is a QR code on one's mobile?

What's all this excitement about a singular IO asking a singular passenger (the OP) to write nonsense on a boarding pass? What's the big deal about the minority of passengers who have their 'boarding pass' on their smartphones?

The OP already mentioned "boarding card or on a piece of paper."

Haters gotta hate.

Sheesh...

• Confused 2

42 minutes ago, BritTim said:
2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Make sure you include a room number in the Royal Palace. I have had immigration officials pull me up for a failure to include this.

Hah, that's nothing. I was pulled aside for having the same room number at the Royal Palace as an earlier smart ass.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

What's all this excitement about a singular IO asking a singular passenger (the OP) to write nonsense on a boarding pass? What's the big deal about the minority of passengers who have their 'boarding pass' on their smartphones?

The OP already mentioned "boarding card or on a piece of paper."

Haters gotta hate.

Sheesh...

Again, like a post yesterday, where did I invoke any hate in my response or post.  You really need to just avoid quoting me anymore as all you seem to do is twist what's written for your own whatever agenda.  Go blay BB, and stop all of this perceived hate speak.

• Like 1