Accusing single males of pedophile

I'm sure they must swim all day in that bloody swimming pool.

I go out during the day but if I can't see near the pool,I try to sit on the hotel balcony but it's only like 2 storey up so they stop swimming in the pool and stare at you sitting on the balcony !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I get the same looks when I go shopping with my daughter, whose 1/2 Thai, 1/2 British, and 16, she likes to hold onto my arm when we are walking through the car park, loses interest quickly inside as there are too many things to look at with a view to buying.

That said, I'm 100% certain that she knows what she's doing, just to wind up the elders.

Of course she also plays the game with me, "grandad I can't reach!" indicating feminine products on the top shelf, which having examined same she has me put back in favour of her usual brand which is at eye level.

I think she's been taking lessons from granny (my wife).

Love her to bits!

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Beats me how a Nationality can be ascertained from looking at them.

True. However, it's not difficult if one listens to their speech. The only problem I have is distinguishing Canadians from Americans.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

indicating feminine products on the top shelf,

yes, some of the more "feminine" things do seem to be on the higher shelves, at least my daughter is nearly as tall as me so can reach herself, when we get there knowing how long selection takes I wander off.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

True. However, it's not difficult if one listens to their speech. The only problem I have is distinguishing Canadians from Americans.

Canadians are Americans... in what continent do you have them located? 

4 hours ago, bubblegum said:

I hate kids and try to avoid them even in Lotus.

Me also. But for some reason kids always love me and won't leave me alone.  They latch onto me if some visitors being their children to our house.  Wears me out and gives me a headache.  So I usually go out if I know someone is coming around with their kids. 

If I was in the OPs situation I would have gone away from the pool and the bloody kids sound loud, annoying and out of control.  

Edited by jak2002003

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always book a room for two and tell reception my wife is out shopping and will be with me later that evening. If they want her name ......... 'Nok'.

My last hotel the reception girl was so cute I asked for her #..She told me it was Zero! ????

• Haha 2

There is a lot of hysteria in the media about 'paedophiles' - rarely a week goes by without some report of abuse (or historical abuse). And then of course there are fictional and non-fictional TV shows (e.g. Netflix about Jimmy Savile, Epstein etc). I think all of this makes parents overly sensitive and protective.

True paedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent girls/boys and I think is relatively rare. Unfortunately these days the term often seems to be applied to any man who is with, or looks at, a girl who is significantly younger than he is. So a 50 year old guy with a 19 year old girl is now considered a 'paedophile'.  And of course some well-developed mid-teens girls can look 20+ with a bit of makeup...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Accent is a giveaway. Clothing too. Oz or Brit bogans easy. 

You can tell a persons accent by looking at them ? Wow ????????

I have a mate who likes to play ‘guess the nationality’ when we’re out having a drink... 

He gets about 7 out of 10 right....   (we find out by asking ppl)... he’s better than I at the game, but yes...  clothing and behaviour often helps the profile... 

... others are more ‘inert' but still have a tell... If you can’t tell this Charlie, you may not be observant enough thats all... but there are ways to tell and get it right quite often and some nationalities have dead easy giveaways.... 

7 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Thank you Oprah.

By the way, did you read what the OP posted?

Nothing to do with the crossing of boundaries.

It has everything to do with crossing boundaries... the reason people react extremely in defence of children is that they fear boundaries may be crossed even if they haven’t already....

The Op is about those who’d respond ‘pre-emptively’ to the projection of someone else crossing a boundary which may never be crossed and how as single males (or males without a visible partner nearby) we’d react to such an unwarranted and undeserved response based on an unfounded projection. 

• Thanks 1

Just like many here like to jump to conclusions without facts, or make statements based on rumors, many tourist think Thailand is filled with pedos and every bar is packed with ladyboys.  Often comes from the low-brow types.

Only men that I know that have been called pedos in the UK have been called so by their ex wives to get custody of their children due to a court system that will stop the father seeing them for years whilst it is investigated ! If only the mother's could be locked up for false accusations !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Strange I know,I was in a bar yesterday in Soi Buckhao,I actually berated a American guy who was waffling on about the "pedophiles" in gay  places like jomtien complex etc.

He was talking about how he seen older men with younger guys,yes all legal age !!

The ignorant often confuse paedophilia and homosexuality,