More than 70,000 Indian tourists visited Phuket in the past 3 months and are driving the economy, say Phuket Old Town officials

webfact

Well when reading about our Indian Tourist friends in Thailand 

Not spending much sharing a coke ect 

Looks like the ones with money go to Phuket enjoy the scenery temples  restaurants ect ????

The others go to Pattaya  to Enjoy the night life  not spending as much 

And losing their gold chains ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dick turpin said:

The woke folk forum is right around the corner.....

You do realize that woke is the past tense of the verb to wake, not an adjective. Not trying to play schoolmarm here, just wouldn't want anyone thinking you were poorly educated.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Sir its our job to try and keep, them there, strange foreigners out of Thailand and especially Pattaya and especially Soi Bokaow.

It's funny you mention Pattaya which is the epicenter of Indian bashing on this forum. It clearly has something to do with a sense of territoriality vis-a-vis the sex trade. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

the majority of them do not spend much money in Pattaya as far as I have ever seen.  Walk around in bunches.  Most working illegally or improperly in the hundred or so hole in the wall indian restaurants.  Fronting the various Tailor shops

Phuket and Samui attract different type of Indians - mostly families, not uncommon to see 3 generations travelling. Many are quite well off and spend way above the average tourists.

• Like 2

" " comments about Indians sharing a single can of coke or Chinese tourists defecating in public or spitting on restaurant floors are repeated endlessly while ignoring that many tourists coming from these countries are far wealthier than many Westerners. " "  

It takes time to rid themselves of third world habits.   

Western countries still have higher average incomes. 

No every third world tourist has bad habits,

but all bad habits are shown by third world tourists.  

Edited by Johnnyngai
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Sir its our job to try and keep, them there, strange foreigners out of Thailand and especially Pattaya and especially Soi Bokaow...

We want tourist who eat a English breakfast and watch footy in sports bars and root for Manchester United.........And any one who is wearing a Chang wife beater shirt and cargo shorts gets high marks from me...

Some of ,them there ,foreigners have strange ways and it frightens me...

Perfect sarcasm—thanks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You do realize that woke is the past tense of the verb to wake, not an adjective. Not trying to play schoolmarm here, just wouldn't want anyone thinking you were poorly educated.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Words change their meanings. If you haven't heard the adjective woke you must be living in a 20th century bubble!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

It's your prerogative to like/ dislike any person/ race/ nationality. Just stop ranting about it here. Last week, I was visiting Phuket, 300 Indians chartered an airplane to hold a "destination" wedding, with booze and food of highest quality. 

Be aware that India is an an extremely diverse country in terms of income, education, religion, dress, morals. 

Am just totally fed up of the racist comments here. Why does the moderator not remove such comments?

How many whites do you want me to show you living on the cheap in small 1 bed apartments and driving around on scooters in singlets and flip flops? 

I would agree India is a very diverse country, as you mention. However members on this forum  can comment on what they think, just because you don't like it, doesn't make any difference. as long as they do not break the rules. Rants included.

In general the moderators do a very good job of removing comments that do break the rules.

As I have mentioned in my earlier comment there are many comments/posts berating "white" people. In general the "white" folks take it with a grain of salt and do not get too offended.

• Thanks 1