Tourism Revenue of 1.2 Trillion Baht Anticipated This Year

webfact

They could achieve the same with *only* 37,500 rich businessmen applying for the 40 million baht scam program to purchase a land. Actually, even less since my calculation does not include the price of the land and house.

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Sure it 'could' if the Baht went to a Thousand Baht for a Dollar................

Precisely.  To get tourists numbers up—they should know by now—get the Baht DOWN.

• Like 2

Could you please find other topics to discuss other than TOURISM. That industry is less than 15% of GDP

(Wikipedia says 9-17%)

How about Agriculture ? Or Manufacturing ? Or Electronics ?

Lets widen the lens a bit and address the whole of the economy. Your focus and daily servings of stories  on tourism are getting monotonous. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, kuzmabruk said:

Yesterday I arrived in Singapore in the morning and went through immigration, not a bad experience and took about 30 minutes.  Returned in the afternoon to Suvarnabhumi and after walking 5 minutes from the plane to immigration, I was greeted with no lineups and a smiling friendly immigration office who said “next time you come don’t bother completing the TM6, it is not used anymore”.  All in all 5 minutes and I was (without bags as it was a day trip) outside the terminal.   Best immigration system in the world.   No one compares to the new Thailand. 

I had the same experience in the beginning of the month, except they just took my TM6 and I had to wait over one hour for my checked in bag... They have not been able to hire back ground personell enough.

Is this the ANTICIPATED  income generated on the 10 million tourists that COULD visit the Kingdom this year I presume that as we are approaching the eight month they already have the number of visitors since 1st January 2022 and that’s how they have come to these figures or is it yet another case of PIGS MAY FLY  !!!!!!!

22 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Did they ask to see proof of vaccination (e.g. app or paper copy)?

I flew back yesterday and the check in desk wanted proof before issuing my ticket. Didn't need to show anything at Thai Immigration though.

I wan on an Emirates flight which was full but Suvarnabhumi was still pretty quiet.